Selection process?

RussP

Probably a stupid question but how do you select your horses? I have been reading an article about selection criteria and most of us seem to look for the winner (obviously) but this suggest otherwise:- "The average punter confronted with a 10 runner race will settle down with whatever form guide he uses, and start looking for the winner. As a method it suffers because: - the selections are likely to be exactly the same as those made by most punters & tipsters (reducing value) - if the 2nd horse in the list looks like a winner, the analysis of the remaining runners is inevitably coloured My own method reverses the standard logic and concentrates on the fact that every 10 runner race must include 9 losers. I look for reasons why they won't win and, not suprisingly, these reasons are much easier to find, etc, etc. Those who cannot be eliminated form a shortlist from which comes the selection" What are your thoughts on this?:ok

Re: Selection process? i tend to just look at the stats, but i'm pretty sure you (or others) dont race for your betting slip when i post a tip! good thread mate - will be interesting to see the opposing views - my belief is that we probably all balance each other out as punters do on the whole, but we'll see...

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.