** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Super Yankee Long Shot HT/FT

evilchris

Below is the current system which has developed from the original Lucky 15 idea: Each week im going to pick 5 games where i think it will be quite an even affair, in these games I will bet on the ht/ft market as home win/draw. The hope is in these tight games the home team will come out fighting first half and nick a goal, then hopefully after a talking to at half time the away team will battle back:hope I put these 5 teams in a Super Yankee bet with a unit stake of 0.10 = 2.60. Odds are nearly always 15 (14/1) for each game so an example would be, 1 correct = 0 2 correct = 22.50 3 correct = 405 4 correct = 6547.50 5 correct = 104,850 Thats about it the starting bank will be £100 and lets hope for some nice wins along the way.:ok Previous seasons results: Season 1: 06/07 Bets: 35 Staked: 90.08 Returned: 703.30 Profit/Loss: 617.70 Season 2: 07/08 Bets: 60 Staked: 155.80 Returned: 429.00 Profit/Loss: 273.20 Season 3: 08/09 Bets: 76 Staked: 197.60 Returned: 587.40 Profit/Loss: 389.80 Season 4: 09/10 Bets: 70 Staked: 187.20 Returned: 27.80 Profit/Loss: -159.40 ______________________________________________________________________________ Original System exactly as I started: I started this towards the start of the season but it got put to one side because of other stuff but with this new section of the forum I thought it was a good place to start it off again in the quest for glory! Each week im going to pick 4 games where i think it will be quite an even affair, in these games I will bet on the ht/ft market as home win/draw. The hope is in these tight games the home team will come out fighting first half and nick a goal, then hopefully after a talking to at half time the away team will battle back:hope I put these 4 teams in a Lucky 15 bet with a unit stake of 0.16 = 2.40. Odds are nearly always 15 for each game so an example would be, 1 correct = 2.40 return 2 correct = 40.80 return 3 correct = 655.20 return 4 correct = 10485.60 return. First Selections Brentford v Bristol City 1/X @15 Mansfield v Notts County 1/X @15 Accrington v Swindon 1/X @15 Rushdon v Stevenage 1/X @15 15 bets @0.16 = 2.40 stake Thats all, lets hope for a bit of luck.:ok

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lucky15 Long Shot HT/FT I really like this idea you've come up with. The returns are potentionally brilliant with such small stakes. You would need maybe 3 doubles per season to show a profit, highly achievable i would think. Worth pursuing in the hope of landing all 4. Good luck:ok

Re: Lucky15 Long Shot HT/FT Thanks wolf, I expect a long loosing run, but like you say a couple of results my way could turn everything on its head so I intend to stay with this for the season. Im sure I can save the 2.40 a week somewhere so no worries! Looks like Rushden is down the pan already tonight, lol.

Re: Lucky15 Long Shot HT/FT :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana Brentford v Bristol City 1/X @15:( 0-1,1-1 Mansfield v Notts County 1/X @15:lol 2-0,2-2 Accrington v Swindon 1/X @15:lol 1-0,1-1 Rushdon v Stevenage 1/X @15:lol 2-1,2-2 The 3 teams come in giving a return of 655.20 from a 2.40 stake. :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers Let the good times role.

Re: Lucky15 Long Shot HT/FT

:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana Brentford v Bristol City 1/X @15:( 0-1,1-1 Mansfield v Notts County 1/X @15:lol 2-0,2-2 Accrington v Swindon 1/X @15:lol 1-0,1-1 Rushdon v Stevenage 1/X @15:lol 2-1,2-2 The 3 teams come in giving a return of 655.20 from a 2.40 stake. :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers Let the good times role.
:nana :nana :nana simply great and you even had that Brentford v City match - pitty it went opposite way

Re: Lucky15 Long Shot HT/FT Nice performance there :ok Now with the amount you won, it will last you 273 betting weeks till its all drained and I'm pretty sure at least you will get it right again for few times or even more :hope which will result in a very nice clean glory hunting profit. Keep it up buddy ! Will follow ur system with interest

Re: Lucky15 Long Shot HT/FT Thanks everyone, I must admit I didnt expect that to happen so soon (if at all) Im gonna keep putting the bets up throughout the season so with a little luck I might be able to bag a couple of doubles or maybee better:hope . Bets: 1 Staked: 2.40 Returned: 655.20 Profit/Loss: 652.80

Re: Lucky15 Long Shot HT/FT Absolutely fcuking phenomenal start chris :clap :clap :clap . Forget what i said on friday about 3 doubles covering you for the season, you're in profit for the next 6 seasons in 1 go! :dude. I hope you backed them with real cash. If so did you bet online or high street? It wouldn't surprise me if the B'stard bookie either tried to ban you or limit you to 1p a line :lol. Once again, superb start well done mate :ok

Re: Lucky15 Long Shot HT/FT Thanks Wolf, I did indeed bet with my own cash via the internet, i dont think they will limit me this time but if i was to do it again then they might but there are plenty of other online bookies I can do this bet with. In profit for the next 6 seasons, will probably go on a six year loosing streak now,lol.

Re: Lucky15 Long Shot HT/FT

:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana Brentford v Bristol City 1/X @15:( 0-1,1-1 Mansfield v Notts County 1/X @15:lol 2-0,2-2 Accrington v Swindon 1/X @15:lol 1-0,1-1 Rushdon v Stevenage 1/X @15:lol 2-1,2-2 The 3 teams come in giving a return of 655.20 from a 2.40 stake. :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers Let the good times role.
That's awesome mate. Nice one! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Re: Lucky15 Long Shot HT/FT Looking at what you guys suggest heres how they would work out: Heinz (0.05 = 2.85 stake) 1 correct = 0 2 correct = 11.25 3 correct = 202.50 4 correct = 3,273.75 5 correct = 52,425 6 correct = 838,856.25 Super Yankee (0.11 = 2.86 stake) 1 correct = 0 2 correct = 24.75 3 correct = 445 4 correct = 7,202 5 correct = 115,335 Hope my calculations are ok. Looks good but the problem is getting the results, to be honest I think I was extremely lucky this week to get 3 results and I think the basis of this system is going to be picking up the odd double here and there over a season. So for this thread for now i think im gonna stick with the lucky15 as it pays above the others for 1-4 results correct. Although saying that I may have the odd dabble from time to time as you said better than buying a lotto ticket and watching dale winton mincing about on a saturday night. If results keep going well over the coming weeks then i may look to change. Good luck with your ones though guys great if someone nicked 100,000+ from the bookies.

Re: Lucky15 Long Shot HT/FT Was thinking about this last night when i had left my computer, as im covered for the next 5 to 6 seasons anyway, maybee i could use this season as an experiment using one of the above methods, this is the glory hunters section after all!!! I could see at the end of the season how many 2,3,4,5,6 results I have then see which way would be most profitable for next year. Would love some suggestions from anyone as to which type of bet they think is best as I am completely torn!!!! I will be back with my selections for this weekend probably this afternoon some time.

Re: Lucky15 Long Shot HT/FT Tough question. On the one hand, going for 6 is a mammoth task, but the potential reward is enormous. On the other, getting 3 out 4 in as you did was a long-shot anyway! I'm going for the 6 cos I'm greedy. :rollin However, I decided to use the same ratings that I use in my Trebles thread and use the matches the rated closest to zero. This weekend that includes Reading vs Chelsea, so I may be doomed already! :unsure