** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL matches Wed 27/09

Tulenos

Wednesday 27 September 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Spartak Moscow v Sporting Lisbon (17:30 BST)1.703.202.60129% Related markets...Match Result
Bordeaux v PSV (19:45 BST)2.203.252.70114% Related markets...Match Result
Inter Milan v Bayern München (19:45 BST)2.103.002.50121% Related markets...Match Result
Levski Sofia v Chelsea (19:45 BST)3.003.501.57126% Related markets...Match Result
Liverpool v Galatasaray (19:45 BST)1.603.403.50121% Related markets...Match Result
Shaktar v Olympiakos (19:45 BST)1.703.202.40132% Related markets...Match Result
Valencia v Roma (19:45 BST)1.903.253.10116% Related markets...Match Result
Werder Bremen v Barcelona (19:45 BST)2.603.301.70128% Related markets...Match Result

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 Liverpool v Galatasaray There is no doubt that Liverpool is the big, fat favourite and I also expect Liverpool to win but, İnstead of obvious "Liverpool wins" bet, which is @1.33 in Sportingbet, I suggest "Over 2.5 goals" because of 2 reasons ; 1) At the moment Galatasaray is not in form and especially defense is very very shaky. Song is doubtful and Tomas is out of form, besides midfield does not help to defense enough. Right and left sides, starting from midfield to defense is not strong enough to defense Liverpool which opens a big chance for Liverpool to use Crouch in high balls.These reasons makes me think that Liverpool can score more than 1 in whole 90 minutes. 2) Even Galatasaray is in bade shape, this team has always been known as ; they see and play way different in europe than local league. And I am sure they will be highly motivated. They will all try to their best and what is sure is, they will fight until the 90th minute. If Gerets thinks clever and tell the players to play from ground without high balls, with Iliç,Hasan and Arda, they may create some serious problems to the Liverpool's tall but not very fast defense. This advantage can give Galatasaray some chances to score afterall. Finally, instead of betting on Liverpool @1.30-1.40 , I suggest you to place your bet on "Over 2.5 Goals" @2.00 in Sportingbet.:cheers

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 odds on chelsea win and liverpool win are crap... however, i think liverpool are the most sure home win in this series, and chelsea should destroy levski with ease... SO 2team parlay at 1.77 both liverpool and chelsea to win 1.33 and 1.31 indiv bets are crap, so hopefully this will solve the issue and give some 'decent' odds for these 2 teams that have great chances of winning.

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Levski Sofia vs Chelsea
Selection Chelsea
Strength 10/10
Date 27/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.43 (Back)
Reasoning Chelsea look to be sure to win this clash with Barcelona in their group which pose a real threat. They have to take 3 points whenever they should to avoid lagging behind Barca's back. Moreober other team in their group is Werder Bremen as well which could be a dark horse and I dont see how Levski could compete with those three, so against team like this, we can't afford to screw up. Maybe tiredness might play a part after the match in Craven Cottage, thats why I just have taken the straight win instead of the -1.5AH where I think this game would ended up like 1 - 0 in Chelsea's favour. Moreover, in the medical room, theres a good news that Boulahrouz and John Terry might be back, but nothing is confirmed yet officialliy. So I think once one of them is back, the price might drop more to around 1.3 mark where a lot of bookies had priced theirs in that region. So I really think 1.43 is a decent value that betfair have.

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 -------------------------------------------------------------- Match: Levski Sofia – Chelsea Pick: Chelsea -1.5 Odds: 2.10 @ Pinnacle Stakes: 8/10

Analysis: Levski Sofia showed what they were all about after they succumbed to a disastrous defeat at the Nou Camp in their opening match. Now they play their first match at home against probably the 2nd best team in Europe, would they fare better? I seriously doubt so, especially when one considers the vast disparity in class between the two sides and Chelsea’s good form. Chelsea would almost have a full squad and Terry has too made the trip. Ballack’s absence would be negated by the growing influence of Lampard once more after he scored 2 in the weekend. With Shevchenko looking to prove a point and add to his measly tally this season, Sofia certainly has everything to worry about. All in all, I would expect Chelsea to come away with an easy win here and Sofia would just have to wait till their next match to have any chance of garnering points. Chelsea to win 3-0. --------------------------------------------------------------

Match: Werder Bremen – Barcelona Pick: Barcelona -0.5 Odds: 2.05 @ Bet365 Stakes: 8/10

Analysis: Werder Bremen enters this match towing with them a horrid run. Losses to Stuttgart, Shalke and Chelsea, and a draw against stuttering Hamburg hardly does the morale and confidence any good coming into a match against the likes of Barcelona. Yes, Klose could return here but it should take him some time to get into the gear of things. On the contrary, Barcelona would be looking to bounce back to their usual winning ways here after being held to a draw in the weekend by Valencia. They boast a full squad of players and would look to achieve a win against an opposition which has not provided too much of a difficulty for them. Any hiccup here against Werder Bremen could prove costly in the long run and Barcelona would definitely be going all out to achieve a win. The quality and form of Barcelona would be too good to be ignored and I fancy them to register yet another win here against Werder Bremen and with the same margin too. Barcelona to win 3-1. --------------------------------------------------------------

Match: Liverpool – Galatasaray Pick: Liverpool -1.5 Odds: 2.06 @ Pinnacle Stakes: 8/10

Analysis: Liverpool would look to continue their fine home form as they take on a Galatasaray side that has so far looked a shade of themselves. Liverpool on the other hand are on a 2 game winning streak would look to press home their home advantage and score another win here. Anything but a win would almost sure cause Benitez some headache because at the end of the 1st round, every team has 1 point and every team is still in with a shout. A win here would put Liverpool in good stead and I fancy them to continue their run at home and record a fifth win out of five matches played at home. Team rotation is a policy that is frequently used but I am expecting the inclusion of Kuyt, Gerrard, Alonso and Garcia and this team should prove a stern enough opposition to grab all 3 points in a vital match for Liverpool’s season. Liverpool to win 3-0. --------------------------------------------------------------

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 VALENCIA v ROMA Three years ago Roma won in Valencia 3-0, goals scored by Totti (2) and Emerson. Tonight the winner will be the only leader of Group D, as both teams won the first round (Roma – Shakthar D. 4-0, Olympiakos – Valencia 2-4). Valencia is first in the Spanish league together with Barcelona and Real, Roma is second in Italy one point behind Inter. Roma is the team that showed the best football in Italy until now but Valencia has succeded drawing in Barcelona, something only few teams succeeded in the last years. As regards to the starting line-ups David Navarro should take the place of Raul Albiol, Angulo will substitute the suspended Joaquin. Fernando Morientes will be back after scoring three goals in Greece. The other not available players for Valencia will be Baraja, Marchena, Tavano and Del Horno. Roma will miss Taddei, Mancini and maybe also Mexes. Roma is used to play to win but tonight Spalletti will have to teach a new lesson to his good students: how to draw a game that must not be lost. Pick: Draw

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 INTER v BAYERN MUNICH Inter leads the Italian Serie A with 10 points (total: 3-1-0, 9-6, home: 1-1-0, 5-4), Bayern leads the German Bundesliga also with 10 points but one more game played (total: 3-1-1, 7-4, away: 1-0-1, 3-3). In the first round of the Champions League, Inter lost to Sporting Lisbon (0-1) in Portugal while Bayern defeated Spartak Moscow (4-0). The main task for Roberto Mancini tonight will be the set-up of the defense and the correction of some little but defects. Against Chievo Inter was leading 4-0 before suffering three goals in five minutes. Line-ups: INTER – Julio Cesar, Maicon, Cordoba, Materazzi, Grosso, Zanetti, Dacourt, Figo, Stankovic, Ibrahimovic, Crespo. BAYERN – Kahn, Sagnol, Lucio, Van Buyten, Lahm, Salihamidzic, Van Bommel, Ottl, Schweinsteiger, Makaay, Pizarro. Not available: Vieira (Inter), Cambiasso (Inter). Questionable: Dacourt (Inter). In a total of 12 games against German teams Inter recorded nine wins and three defeats. I think that without the main miedfielders Inter will not be able to organize a sufficient level of chances for their good forwarders. Felix Magath knows that in San Siro Bayern Munich can obtain a very important point. Inter will have to get his qualifying points against Spartak (in Milan and in Moscow) and in the second leg against Sporting Lisbon at home. Pick: Draw

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 Full trust for me in Inter: 2.00 for the HW with Interwetten. Inter vs Bayern I think that Inter reached the right maturity to face delicate match like that: Inter was been often an unpredictable team, but to analyze the last matches in deep way, Inter played in superb state when the conditions asked for that: now they've taken the lead of Serie A table and I guess they will keep it for a long time. The defeate, at the debut, suffered in Lisboa, against Sporting (by 1-0), will keep Inter in must win situation, cause an eventual false step, could bring old ghosts in the minds and Inter IMO has all the cards to break the wall and to beat Bayern. The only problems for Mancini will be in the middle, where Inter will miss big pieces like Vieira and Cambiasso, but all the defensive line is complete recovered and the attack line will propose stellar alternatives between the uptrend Hernan Crespo, the unpredictable Ibrahimovic and the brasilian Adriano, to wait to score again with Inter from a long time. Probable line-up: Julio Cesar; J. Zanetti, Materazzi, Cordoba, Grosso (or Maicon); Solari, Stankovic, Dacourt, Solari (or Mariano Gonzales); Crespo, Ibrahimovic. Bayern started the CHL with a large home win over Spartak (by 4-0), but the result was been very generous for the germans that suffered for a good half time and more, till to close definetely the match. The new last comer van Bommel has given more consistence to the middle line, after the bad start even in Bundesliga (anyway van Bommel came out from modest perfomances offered in Barcelona), more to clear the role of Makaay in attack line (in alternance with Podolski). Probable line-up: Kahn; Sagnol, Lucio, Van Buyten, Lahm; Salihamidzic, van Bommel, Ottl, Schweinsteiger; Makaay, Pizarro. I don't think that Inter will suffer the pressure to win this match: they have the right players to close the game and the defense is more solid than the past; by the other side Bayern is not so strong like the line-up could suggest: they lost something in the middle and they will not start IMO in the best conditions yet.

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 LIVERPOOL - GALATASARAY Convincing performances held by Liverpool in the last two rounds of the Premier League: 2-0 against Newcastle and 3-0 against Tottenham. After the draw obtained in Eindhoven (0-0) the English team will look for an important success at home against Galatasaray. This year the Turkish team did not convince yet in the away games: 0-3-1 (5-7) in the Turkish league. The home draw obtained against Bordeaux (0-0) gave one point to Galatasaray in the Group C of the Champions League. Liverpool comes from a negative series in the main European tournament: five games played, no victories, no goals scored. Erik Gerets, Belgian coach of Galatasaray, asserted to be delighted to see his team playing in the “holy ground” of Anfield. He played once in England while playing for Standard and lost 0-4. I think that Liverpool will not permit surprises tonight. Pick: Liverpool (EH-1)

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 LEVSKI v CHELSEA Nothing new this year, Chelsea is first in the English Premier League with 15 points in 6 total games: 5-0-1 (11-3). In the first round of the Champions League Chelsea defeated Werder Bremen (2-0). Levski Sofia has also taken the leadership of his national championship. In Bulgaria Levski is first with 19 points in 7 games: 6-1-0, but we all know the big difference existing between the English and Bulgarian championships. This difference has also been shown when Levski had to face Barcelona in Spain. The result (5-0) confirmed the big gap existing between the leading European teams and Levski. I saw on TV the game Chievo – Levski in the qualifying round of the Champions League and I have no doubts: if Chelsea wants to win his second game, Chelsea will win. If Chelsea wants to win by 2 or more goals, Chelsea will do it. If the players of Chelsea do not want it, no problem, Mourinho will let change their minds as it is a good opportunity for Chelsea to qualify easily to the next round. The verdict should not be so far, Barcelona and Chelsea will qualify while Werder and Levski will make a new visit next year. Pick: Chelsea (EH-2)

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 BORDEAUX – PSV EINDHOVEN

In the French league Bordeaux is fourth with 12 points (4-0-3, 10-10), already lost three games but against strong rivals (Bordeaux – Lyon 1-2, Lille – Bordeaux 3-0, Marseille – Bordeaux 2-1). In Holland PSV is second with 12 points (4-0-1, 10-4). Both teams drew their first game in the Champions League, Bordeaux in Turkey (0-0 against Galatasaray) and PSV at home (0-0 against Liverpool). In the French squad Faubery and Micoud recovered from their injuries while the coach Ricardo can also count on the return of Rio Mavuba and Fernando Menegazzo. Opposite situation for Ronald Koeman and his team: Philip Cocu is still injured as well as Jason Culina. The forwarders Patrick Kluivert and Jefferson Farfan are questionable. Still PSV can obtain a good result in France but I think that Reiziger in the defense is not the best option while Salcido against Liverpool did not seem to be the same player we saw at the World Cup. Pick: Bordeaux (EH-1)

Cheers for that. For what reason are they your banker?:unsure
Come on friend, just made an initial thought here, i will submit my bet and reasoning first thing tomorrow on Sports-Punter and then paste it in here. PS: I thought i have enough posts by now not to be mocked:sad, i know that this is a quality forum and i always give a quality (i hope:tongue2) reasoning for my bets.

Full trust for me in Inter: 2.00 for the HW with Interwetten. Inter vs Bayern I think that Inter reached the right maturity to face delicate match like that: Inter was been often an unpredictable team, but to analyze the last matches in deep way, Inter played in superb state when the conditions asked for that: now they've taken the lead of Serie A table and I guess they will keep it for a long time. The defeate, at the debut, suffered in Lisboa, against Sporting (by 1-0), will keep Inter in must win situation, cause an eventual false step, could bring old ghosts in the minds and Inter IMO has all the cards to break the wall and to beat Bayern. The only problems for Mancini will be in the middle, where Inter will miss big pieces like Vieira and Cambiasso, but all the defensive line is complete recovered and the attack line will propose stellar alternatives between the uptrend Hernan Crespo, the unpredictable Ibrahimovic and the brasilian Adriano, to wait to score again with Inter from a long time. Probable line-up: Julio Cesar; J. Zanetti, Materazzi, Cordoba, Grosso (or Maicon); Solari, Stankovic, Dacourt, Solari (or Mariano Gonzales); Crespo, Ibrahimovic. Bayern started the CHL with a large home win over Spartak (by 4-0), but the result was been very generous for the germans that suffered for a good half time and more, till to close definetely the match. The new last comer van Bommel has given more consistence to the middle line, after the bad start even in Bundesliga (anyway van Bommel came out from modest perfomances offered in Barcelona), more to clear the role of Makaay in attack line (in alternance with Podolski). Probable line-up: Kahn; Sagnol, Lucio, Van Buyten, Lahm; Salihamidzic, van Bommel, Ottl, Schweinsteiger; Makaay, Pizarro. I don't think that Inter will suffer the pressure to win this match: they have the right players to close the game and the defense is more solid than the past; by the other side Bayern is not so strong like the line-up could suggest: they lost something in the middle and they will not start IMO in the best conditions yet.
I couldnt agree on Inter defense is more solid than the past. Their defense is unpredictable and inconsistent so far. Beside talking about Sporting goal againts them, againts Chievo where they lead 4-0 and conceded 3 goals in 12 minutes is a very good example. Furthermore, without Patrick Viera and Cambiaso as the holding midfielder they are in more trouble than before. I do not mean Inter will not win, but chances for Bayern to draw this game is very possible, therefore i couldnt see a obvious home win here. Probably skip is a best choice.

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 Couldn't agree more on the Inter pick guys.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich
Selection Inter Milan
Strength 10/10
Date 27/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning Inter lost to sporting lisbon which is quite a shocking result. If they stil want to be in the game, they have to win this clash against a Bayern team that has not been playing at its best lately. I really think both have quality players in both team, however Inter with the need to win and home advantage might have the edge over Bayern. Inter in its website has declared they will go to this match to win while Bayern aim to not concede and not to lose a match which mean they are more concerned about getting a draw than a win which is a bit concerning. The value of 2.10 itself offer a good value still to back. I predict Inter to win 1 - 0. Even though they gonna miss Viera and Cambiasso, they still have a lot of quality in their squad. Probable Line Ups : Inter Milan: 1-Francesco Toldo; 4-Javier Zanetti, 2-Ivan Cordoba, 23-Marco Materazzi, 11-Fabio Grosso; 91-Mariano Gonzalez, 15-Olivier Dacourt, 5-Dejan Stankovic, 7-Luis Figo; 8-Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 18-Hernan Crespo Bayern Munich: 1-Oliver Kahn; 2-Willy Sagnol, 3-Lucio, 5-Daniel Van Buyten, 21-Philipp Lahm; 20-Hasan Salihamidzic, 17-Mark van Bommel, 39-Andreas Ottl, 31-Bastian Schweinsteiger; 10-Roy Makaay, 14-Claudio Pizarro

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 Liverpool have not won or even scored in their last five Champions League matches. That has to change against Galatasaray on Wednesday or the 2005 champion could be contemplating an early exit.Although Galatasaray have lost their last four away matches in the Champions League. They have only suffered defeat here once since October 2005 - the 2-0 loss at the hands of Benfica back in March - and in all three of last season's home Champions League group games their defence was not breached once. Liverpool drew 0-0 at PSV Eindhoven in their first game two weeks ago and has one point, the same as the other three teams in Group C. If they do not start winning, they could end up needing victory from their sixth and final game at the notoriously tough venue of Galatasaray. Since the alarming defeats at Everton and Chelsea Liverpool have turned their fortunes around, strolling to comfortable home victories over Newcastle and Tottenham without conceding a goal. The price for the home win is a little poor and Id expect a low scoring result so lets have a go at 1-0 @ 7's 2-0 @ 6's

Re: CL matches Wed 27/09 I'll be looking at some small stakes on scorelines tonight. I am looking at the following results: Chelsea 2-0 ($6.00) Liverpool 2-0 ($8.00) Shaktar 2-1 ($7.00) Barcelona 2-0 ($8.00) Bordeaux 1-0 ($7.00) Will put 2/10 stakes on each and getting at least one winner will garentee a profit forthe night. Chelsea, Liverpool & Barcelona are very good defensively and you would expect each to get a cleansheet and scoring a couple of goals against weaker opositions. Bordeuax also good defensively and home ground advantage should see them keep a cleansheet and i dont see them as a very attacking team so 1 goal is likley. Shaktar are very strong at home, especially in european matches and I expect a win here but their defence is suspect which is why i will take the 2-1 result. Will look forward in anticipation to seeing a few results come through my way :hope Cheers

Since Chelsea win seems a sure thing, what do you guys think on ht/ft Chelse/Chelsea @2.05 ? (maybe covering it ht/ft draw/Chelsea @4.4 ? :loon )
Great thinking shrike. Perhaps 8/10 stakes on chel/chel and 2/10 stakes on draw/chels as a cover.

What about Liverpool 1-0? Liverpool managed 5 games in Europe without scoring :rollin
Very good point shrike, but Liverpool have been scoring a bit recently. They got 3 past Tottenham on the weekend and have been averaging over 2 goals a game at Anfield this year. Galatasaray have been conceding almost 2 goals away in the Turkish league, and thats in a league where the competition is no where near that of Liverpool. The fact Liverpool havnt scored a goal in 5 euro matches is a concern though I must admit, but i think it will change tonight