** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL matches Tue 26/09

Tulenos

Tuesday 26 September 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
CSKA Moscow v Hamburger SV (17:30 BST)2.263.103.15109% Related markets...Match Result - - -Half-time/Full-timeFirst Goal TimeHalf-time ResultTotal Goals
AEK Athens v Anderlecht (19:45 BST)1.843.304.20109% Related markets...Match Result - - -Half-time/Full-timeFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderTotal Goals
Arsenal v Porto (19:45 BST)1.523.608.00107% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderSubstitutions UsedTotal Goals
Benfica v Man Utd (19:45 BST)3.603.252.12106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHat-Trick ScoredOver/UnderRed CardSubstitutions UsedTotal Goals
Celtic v Copenhagen (19:45 BST)1.813.655.40102% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreOver/UnderSubstitutions UsedTotal Goals
Lille v AC Milan (19:45 BST)3.253.302.12109% Related markets...Match Result - - -Half-time/Full-timeFirst Goal TimeTotal Goals
Real Madrid v Dinamo Kiev (19:45 BST)1.305.209.40107% Related markets...Match Result - - -Half-time/Full-timeFirst Goal TimeTotal Goals
Steaua Bucharest v Lyon (19:45 BST)3.803.202.00108%

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL matches Tue 26/09

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Benfica vs Manchester United
Selection Manchester United
Strength 10/10
Date 26/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning Manchester United performance has been questionable lately with a draw @ Reading and a tough match which they lost to Arsenal before that. I'm pretty sure they will be hungry for a win this time. And with Benfica not in full strength neither MU. With Rui Costa important absences for Benfica and Giggs for MU I really think this match could go either way. But MU would love also to avenge their last year embarassment when they lost to Benfica and there will be no better time than now. With C. Ronaldo back to play against the hostile homecrowd and Rooney under pressure to perform better I can see them go all out tonight. Moreover, Saha is in a decent form, I watched him on last week game against Celtic, he caused quite a pain to the Celtic's defence. Expecting him to net one tonight. Furthermore, odds of 2.10 is just about right also, so more reason to take this bet. Probable Line-Ups for Man U : Manchester United (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Heinze, Evra, Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes, Richardson, O'Shea, Jones, Ronaldo, Saha, Rooney, Solskjaer, Smith.
Plus I'm on FiveFold for : Arsenal MU Celtic AC Milan Real Madrid

Re: CL matches Tue 26/09 Levski Sofia vs Chelsea This season Champion League, we have a few teams which i rate them way too much under class in this competition. Obviously 1 of them is Levski Sofia. Nothing much to talk about Chelsea strength since everyone know all the stars they have there. Levski would need miracle and extra hardwork in order to beat chelsea here. I have seen the previous game againts Barcelona, this team seams not afraid of big teams and willing to go forward. If they work hard to score a goal againts Chelsea i think thats already big consolation for them. Being a home game, I think they will try to achieve something some result and going forward more againts Chelsea. That will suit Chelsea in a way, Chelsea do not like to play againts team that fulltime compact defense, they love open games. Chances for Chelsea to score at least 2 is pretty high in this scenario. I love the handicap -1.5 @ 2.10 now and I think it deserve at least medium high stake here. Cheerssss

Re: CL matches Tue 26/09 Werder Bremen - Barcelona, Barcelona @2.04 5/10 betfair I must take this bet. Barcelona at this moment is the best team in Europe, they have got the ambition they need to win matches like this. This season they begin as always, on very good form. This weekend they draw against Valencia, another strong team but they deserved another win. I don´t think they will pass the oportunity of win the second match and be with 2 matches played and 6 points. The diference between this two teams is enough high to take Barcelona with medium stakes, and being cautelous. News of the teams... on Werder Bremen Klose is doubtful, if he plays he won´t be at 100 %. In their league, they aren´t on fire, as we can see with this poor results they are obtaining. But Barca is in first position in Spain, and playing the wonderful football they know. Won´t travell to Germany Saviola, Márquez, Ezquerro and Gio. Only Marquez and Gio are regulars, but imo Thuram and Silvynho, who will play in their positions, are also good players and can do the same match as them. I believe in this creative form of football, and to bet at this odds is a good idea, I think. GL

Re: CL matches Tue 26/09 although man utd are not playing their best football right now, i am taking them outright to win here because they will be DYING to avenge their benfica loss from last season, they will be very very fired up. i am also taking over 2, 2.5 goals here from mansion bc the past 2 meetings between them have both produced three goals and i expect this one to be no different. CSKA Moscow also looks very good especially at home outright to win at 2.02 is pretty good value, hamburg play like ABSOLUTE CRAP on the road, especially recent away matches. also AC Milan -.5 at 2.03 also at mansion is very appealing. they are on the road, but are a much more talented side than Lille i feel. also leaning on possibly taking Porto (very very slight lean, someone convince me otherwise) i like the way porto is playing, but arsenal have also recently been playing well and are at home here. could possibly take the +1, +1.5 AH but im feeling this is a no bet for me due to arsenal coming on as of late... back a week ago i was set to take porto for sure, but now i am not so sure, what are everyone's thoughts on this?

Re: CL matches Tue 26/09 Levski`s game is tommorow but after you opened the topic about them I feel obligated to say that they lose is 10/10. IMO Levski are not capable of even scoring a goal so HCP win for Chelsea is really great bet too -1 EH at about 2.10 is 8.5/10 I rate Levski as the worst team in CL this year with chance to take even a points almost equal to nil. They dont play that bad but sure there are many mistakes that defenders do and I think that Chelsea will make the most of them to trash Levski and show Barca what they are capable of! High percantage of Levski`s wins in Europe are at home but if you look closer you will see that Chievo were and still are at big crysis - thats why they lost in the qualifying round. Last year Levski beat Artmedia - after they failed to continue their CL run and sold many players, Auxerre with a bit luck, Udinese - when they were at crysis, Marseille - when they didnt need the win ... etc Definetely the banker of the week for me and if it was possible I would have gone with thousands but I dont have to capacity of doing it. This is my opinion and do not obligate anyone of even playing Chelsea win, but IMO going with Chelsea is like the surest win throughtout the week. I am supposed to add tham I am big CSKA Sofia fan - Levski's only opponent for the title in Bulgaria in last 10 years and that is why may be my opinion is not that impartially! P.S. In this game it would never ever matter who plays for Chelsea and who is not, because the difference between players is so big. If anyone from Levski's squad is missing it better but all in all this again doesnt matter. This is game that Levski cant afford to "buy" I think ... :@

Re: CL matches Tue 26/09 CSKA Moscow v Hambourg Long crisis for the German team this season: four draws, one defeat and no wins. To these games we can add the qualifying round against Osasuna (0-0 at home, 1-1 in Spain) and the defeat in the German Cup against Stuttgart Kickers (3-4 after extra time). Complete opposite situation for the Russian team: first in their national championship and winner of the last edition of the UEFA Cup. In Russia have been played already 21 rounds and the team of Moscow has confirmed to be a solid and amalgameted team. As it always happen both teams will look for a win. I choose one between them and I have no doubts. CSKA Moscow can reach the second round together with Arsenal. Pick: CSKA Moscow

And how about AEK Athens - Anderlecht match? Any injuries or suspension for this match? Greece clubs are very strong at home and for anderlecht it will be a very tough match. I think that AEK can win 1:0 or 2:1 Cheers!!
I was thinking about under2.25 @1.87. But the more I think about it, the more I think this is a no bet-game. Anderlecht should be better then the previous seasons. AEK doesn't seem to be in good form and doesn't score alot. This is a very important game for both teams so it might be a close game. Anderlecht: Doubtfull: Juhasz (central defender) Injured: Proto (goalkeeper, not a big missing at the moment, Zitka is playing maginificent this season), De Man(central defender), Siani and Tioté (both young players who wouldn't play anyway) Selection Anderlecht: Akin, Allagui, Biglia, Boussoufa, Deschacht, Frutos, Goor, Hassan, Juhasz, Legear, Leiva, Mbokani, Mpenza, Pareja, Schollen, Tchite, Van Damme, Vanden Borre, Vanderhaeghe, Van Steenberghe, Zitka

Re: CL matches Tue 26/09 STEAUA v LYON Six wins in a row in the last six games played by Lyon. Have a look at the results: Bordeaux – Lyon 1-2, Nice – Lyon 1-4, Lyon – Troyes 2-0, Lyon – Real Madrid 2-0, Lorient – Lyon 1-3, Lyon – Lille 4-1. Undefeated in the French championship, Lyon has defeated Real Madrid once again, a win that never comes so easily against the second best Spanish team. Steaua Bucarest is second in Romania and the last rounds has been played and won by the reserves (2-1) against Gloria Bistrita. Steaua started the Champions League with an away win in Kiev (4-1) but after this convincing win there have been a draw (1-1) against Rapid Bucarest and a defeat in the other city derby against Dinamo Bucarest (0-1). It is not a secret, Olympique Lyonnais want to start from where they finished last year, the quarter finals. A win in Romania would bring the French team very close to this target. Pick: Lyon

Re: CL matches Tue 26/09 I am from Bulgaria and I totally agree with you on this one,Levski stand no chance againts Chelsea.I am a huge LEVSKI fan and this is the only reason why i wont bet on Chelsea.Levski are having problems with injuries,both 1st team central forwards are injured and the third wont be fielded,he simply is not in shape(form?).One of our wingers will play at the top of the attack,plus the team doesnt peform well lately.. Definitely an away win pp.Not that it matters,even with full squad the outcome would be the same

EventPFC CSKA Moskva - Hamburger SV
SelectionCSKA (-1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date26/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 4.35 (Back)
ReasoningI was very impressed by CSKA last round. They lose 4-0 to Bayern, but the result could be 4-3 or 4-4. They hit the bar 3 or 4 times, Kahn saves 3 or 4 100% goal shots. Today, at there homeground I think CSKA can take all the points against underchieving Hamburger...
EventFC Steaua Bucuresti - Olympique Lyonnais
SelectionOlympique Lyonnais (-1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date26/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 3.80 (Back)
ReasoningOlympique Lyonnais have the best form in the world IMO. They are crushing oponents in Ligue 1(France). Last round in Champions League they won 2-0 against Real Madrid. IMO they they can crush FC Steaua Bucuresti by more than two goals...
EventLOSC Lille Métropole - AC Milan
SelectionDRAW
Strength10/10
Date26/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 3.10 (Back)
ReasoningCan't see Milan winning this, couse of there bad form and bad history results in stadium they will play(Lens stadium), can't see Lille winning against Milan, so IMO it will be goalless draw...
EventSL Benfica - Manchester United
SelectionManchester United (-1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date26/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 4.60 (Back)
ReasoningRevenge day for the Manchester United. Last year they were knocked out from Champions League by Benfica. Today they will be very motivated to crush there oponnents for revenge...

Re: CL matches Tue 26/09 -------------------------------------------------------------- Match: Real Madrid – Dynamo Kiev Pick: Real Madrid -1.75 Odds: 2.03 @ Pinnacle Stakes: 8/10

Analysis: A crucial match for both clubs after they had suffered losses in the first round, another defeat here would seriously jeopardize their hopes of progression through this stage. Kiev would miss Rebrov for this match while Real Madrid misses Cicinho. Real Madrid has however put in a good performance in the weekend to defeat Real Betis 1-0, even though they should have scored more and now are joint top leaders in the La Liga together with Valencia and Barcelona. If they do win this, their season is not going as bad as everyone is suggesting. With Kiev’s horrible opening day showing against a mediocre Steau, its wretched away record at Bernabeu and given the form and quality that Real Madrid has through the pitch, Madrid should run out easy winners. Real Madrid to win 3-0. --------------------------------------------------------------

Match: Lille – AC Milan Pick: AC Milan -0.5 Odds: 2.10 @ Bet365 Stakes: 8/10

Analysis: Both clubs come into this match with some question marks. AC Milan’s rotation policy could come up trumps here with the likes of Pirlo and Gilardino taking their turns this time round but they do miss veteran Maldini due to injury. His replacement in Kaladze is hardly a makeweight. No matter how you look at it, AC Milan’s draw in the weekend against Livorno is not as bad as it seems and if one were to compare the league form of the 2 sides, AC Milan would be coming up top. Lille’s poor league form would be there to hound them. AC Milan’s defense has held firm so far this season conceding just 1 goal in 5 outings and I am expecting them to do it once more. Lille should desperately try to retrieve a point but I just fancy the sheer quality of AC Milan to come through once more. AC Milan to win 2-0. -------------------------------------------------------------- Match: Benfica – Manchester United Pick: Manchester United -0.25 Odds: 1.862 @ Pinnacle Stakes: 8/10

Analysis: Benfica does not seem to have gotten into gear yet this season with dismal showings in their local league and they entertain an out-of-sync Manchester United side who cannot wait to set the record straight from last season. Manchester United draw in the weekend was largely due to insufficient attacking play prior to the goal they conceded as they comfortably passed the ball around thinking their goal would come eventually, till Reading struck. After that however, Manchester showed that if they wanted to go up a few notches in terms of attacking play, they always have it within them. Even with Giggs and Park out, they still boast the likes of Scholes, Ronaldo, Carrick and Solskjaer. After a dismal show in the league and their opening day match against FCK, Benfica should have their hands full if Manchester United play to their fullest abilities and I am expecting no less from them. This would be a tight match no doubt but I reckon Manchester United should edge this encounter 1-0. --------------------------------------------------------------

Match: Arsenal – Porto Pick: Arsenal -1 Odds: 1.87 @ Pinnacle Stakes: 8/10

Analysis: Yes, Porto has won every league match this season but with no disrespect intended, these opponents are nowhere near the same class and quality of that of Arsenal. Lehmann is an inspired keeper particularly on European nights and with the likes of Fabregas and Henry coming good right now, Porto’s defenders should be very careful. After Arsenal’s terrific win against Manchester United 2 games back, they showed great tenacity against a resilient Sheffield United side and eventually came away comfortable 3-0 winners. Another win here would cap a terrific week for them and with the form the players are showing, I fancy them to put on another great European performance at home. Arsenal to win 2-0. --------------------------------------------------------------

Re: CL matches Tue 26/09 STEAUA-LYON Lyon have been sweeping aside all teams in their way with convicing fashion.They probably have one of the best form in europe right now.There is nothing much to say about steaua other than they surprised a few people at kiev.some preview from uefa below: FC Steaua Bucuresti coach Cosmin Olaroiu lavished praise on Olympique Lyonnais on the eve of their UEFA Champions League encounter in Romania, but with his team set to play at their revamped Steaua stadium for the first time in nine months, he insists "our aim is to win". Key match Steaua attracted admiring glances with an emphatic 4-1 victory at FC Dynamo Kyiv on Matchday 1 but it is Lyon, 2-0 victors at home to Real Madrid CF in their opener, who Olaroiu believes hold the key to Group E. "We're approaching the most important match we will play in this section," he said. "Lyon are group favourites. They are very organised and the fact they've won five French titles in a row speaks volumes. They have a fantastic balance between individual talent and team organisation." Lyon affection Fred and Tiago were on target as Lyon eased past Madrid a fortnight ago, one of seven wins in eight matches for Gérard Houllier's team this term, with eight different players notching goals. "Every Lyon player is capable of causing us problems," Olaroiu continued. "To be honest, I followed them in last season's Champions League and was unhappy when they lost in the last minute in the quarter-finals. But every side has their weaknesses. There's no such thing as a perfect team." Ghencea return Olaroiu's men will appear at their Steaua (or Ghencea) home for the first time since being exiled to the Lia Manoliu national stadium while refurbishments were made. Hopes of marking their homecoming with a victory against Lyon have been hampered by long-term injuries to Mirel Radoi and Victoras Iacob while Vasilica Cristocea and Sorin Paraschiv face fitness tests, but Olaroiu is optimistic, saying: "We are well prepared and I'm sure we can compensate for the gulf in class with 100 per cent commitment. We have a chance. We will play to win." 'Positive attitude' It is a sentiment echoed by Lyon counterpart Houllier. "We are here to win," he said. "We always have a positive attitude, an attacking one. The idea is to control the match and to pose a threat all the time." A number of the older Steaua players will be familiar with this mentality having faced Houllier's Liverpool FC in the second round of the 2003/04 UEFA Cup. Liverpool prevailed 2-1 on aggregate but were held in Bucharest, although the coach is keen to deflect comparisons. "Steaua have changed a lot since then," he said. No pushovers "I was very impressed by their win in Kiev and it wasn't a lucky win. It was the victory of a team with a cohesive squad of players and few weaknesses." Lyon will be without the injured Claudio Caçapa though the defender would no doubt back team-mate Florent Malouda's assessment that: "It doesn't matter what names the teams have or their records, nor how many trophies they've won. Progress is achieved on the pitch. We have come here to win but it won't be easy." Probable teams Steaua: Carlos Alberto Fernandes; Petre Marin, Dorin Goian, Sorin Ghionea, Mihai Nesu; Banel Nicolita, Sorin Paraschiv, Florin Lovin, Gabriel Bostina; Nicolae Dica, Valentin Badea. Lyon: Grégory Coupet; Anthony Réveillère, Cris, Patrick Müller, Eric Abidal; Jérémy Toulalan, Tiago, Juninho Pernambucano; Florent Malouda, Fred, Sidney Govou. steaua have played 8 matches against french oppponent at home and have 5 win,1 draw and 2 loses lyon meanwhile have played only once away at romania and won the match against rapid bucharest way back in 97 intertoto cup. I strongly think steaua will not lose this match that easy.With a return to their home stadium and the supporters behind them,they will surely be motivated.Lyon will surely wants to win but i think they will not be that sad even with a draw.Lyon would easily win steaua in the return leg in my opinion.I have been thinking hard to find a value match and this may be it or i may be wrong.My stakes will be steaua draw @3.20 bet365 5/10 steaua [email protected] bet365 7/10 Excuse for my not so good english

Re: CL matches Tue 26/09 This game in my eyes looks to be a great game. Steaua are in pretty good form and are playing in there new stadium which will bring a very emotional atmesphere. Steaua will try very hard and will give everything they have to beat Lyon. Lyon won't lose easily aas they are in tremendous form with wins against Real, and a nice 4-1 win against Lille. This game is a tough game to call with both teams doing well in the CL so far. If you look at what Lyon have been doing, it really is impossible to see them surrender much, if anything. Then you look at the spirit and valour shown by Steaua, and their home advantage, and you have to give them something too. A scoring draw or a very close win, the scoring draw more likely. Steaua 1-1 Lyon

Re: CL matches Tue 26/09 In the game of "back and lay", actually Mansion is offering Arsenal "back" at 1.51, to take. Arsenal vs Porto Arsenal to restart the european competition after the disappointed end of last final match lost from Barcelona, just near the end of the match. The Gunners started so good in the first day of CHL, while they struggled so much to have points from their perfomances, in Premier league, at new home ground, till the last sunday match that has given the necessary confidence to face tonight an hostic opponent. They are surely on fire: they won in Germany ground against Hamburg (by 1-2), so another away won at Old Trafford (over United by 1-0), to end with the comfortable home win against Sheffield (by 3-0), the first win at Emirates Stadium. By the other side Porto seems to be less dangerous than precedent years: they changed some key pieces in the middle and in attack front, I guess that we cannot compare their perfomances watching for the results in Portuguese league, anyway they played an unlucky match against CSKA Moskva, at the debut in CHL, reaching an home draw by 0-0, showing to have the control of the game. Porto is not a team to understimate for sure, but I see big value in Arsenal power also for the new season and the confirmed of Thierry Henry (tonight available) is the passport to believe that they will search for a long permanence in CHL road. Arsenal to win and to close any surprise for the future in CHL, that's my feeling.

Re: CL matches Tue 26/09 HELLO, I see goalless match in France, between Lille and Milan. As we remember last edition of CL where Lille has lost 2 goals away and no goals at home!! What else Milan has strong defence italy's catenachio with really good form at this moment. Lille is in poor form recently but game in the CL is another matter than the league match and I expect hard match with at most one or two goals. Pick: Under 2,5 Odds 1,55 bet-at-home Stake 9/10 Sorry for my poor english ;)