** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The sickest hand of the night

robilaruk

Blinds 50/100 robilaruk is at seat 1 with 2200.00 suh11 is at seat 2 with 630.00 quarm is at seat 6 with 2015.00 robilaruk: Jc, Kd robilaruk: Raise 300.00 suh11: All in quarm: Call 630.00 robilaruk: Call 630.00 Flop (Board: 6d, 5s, Jd) robilaruk: Bet 300.00 quarm: All in robilaruk: Call River (Board: 6d, 5s, Jd, 4h, 8h): Showdown: robilaruk shows: Jc, Kd (a pair of Jacks) suh11 shows: Jh, 2h (a pair of Jacks) quarm shows: Ac, Js (a pair of Jacks) idepot 2: quarm wins the pot of 2770 with a pair of Jacks, Ace kicker. Mainpot: quarm wins the pot of 2040 with a pair of Jacks, Ace kicker.

Re: The sickest hand of the night don't see your point, other than interesting you all had jacks. Not sure you should have raised with KJ off suit preflop, once you got top pair good kicker, fair enough to call the short stacks all in, but no way was I calling the 2nd all-in, screamed 3 of a kind, or overpair. I know you're in for 50% of your chips, but I'm laying those cards down everytime. I assume this was a bubble situation and you made 2nd place, as you had more chips that the shorty going into the hand ??

Re: The sickest hand of the night Quick question... I though the finishing placement where more than one person goes out after a hand was based on relative strength of the losing hand. Foolsgold in suggesting starting chipstack. Is this a variable policy? [edit] or perhaps he was referring to the fact that robilaruk had more chips than the short stack AND the other guy.

Re: The sickest hand of the night my understanding is when two player go out on teh same hand, the finishing position is based on the number of chips they had prior to the hand. Seems fair, you could have someone with 5k go out same hand as 50 chips, wouldn't seem fair to place the shorty higher based on a single losing hand Anyone care to correct me ??

Re: The sickest hand of the night

I though the finishing placement where more than one person goes out after a hand was based on relative strength of the losing hand. Foolsgold in suggesting starting chipstack. Is this a variable policy?
I think "starting chipstack" is normal. Where do they do it by strength of hand?

Re: The sickest hand of the night Heh.. Would've been great to watch that hand live - suh11 proudly showing his top pair, you showing your higher kicker and reaching for the pot, only to be stopped short by the big A. I'd always raise with KJ in that spot. And probably call the all-in. I'd also be sorely tempted to push with the AJ preflop if I were your opponent.

Re: The sickest hand of the night yup - spot on and barney is right - suh is in heaven after shoving and hitting top pair and I beleive I am winning a massive pot now only to have it taken away from me :cry :lol :lol :lol Damo

I don't think he meant "sick" in that sense. Just sick that all three players flopped top pair, ensuring unlimited carnage.

Re: The sickest hand of the night :lol:lol:lol:lol Guess i misunderstood . Well , ul there i feel .

yup - spot on and barney is right - suh is in heaven after shoving and hitting top pair and I beleive I am winning a massive pot now only to have it taken away from me :cry :lol :lol :lol Damo