Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7

DAC

Let me explain, I’m a regular poster on Planet Rugby.com and there’s quite a few of us who get together and chat about the betting possibilities of the weekends fixtures. We are all massive fans and have a certain amount of inside knowledge relating to injuries and moral etc, etc. We did really well last year and hope to do the same this year.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Connacht v Ospreys

Selection: Ospreys – 6 @ Paddy Power 10/11

Reasoning:

Now this is by no means a gimme. Connacht are a good side and play with pride and passion and are always hard to beat at the Greyhound track, they had a good bonus point win over the Borders last week and will certainly be up for this. The Ospreys played a decent Edinburgh side and ground out a victory, that said there was 22 handling errors and it must be said that the more than decent backs they possess were a bit rusty to say the least.

My basis for the bet is that playing with pride and passion always means you give away more than your fair share of penalties and the Ospreys can punish them. You also can’t escape from the fact the Ospreys squad is quality, well, on paper anyway:

The teams:

Connacht: 15 Matt Mostyn, 14 Conor McPhillips, 13 Paul Warwick, 12 Gavin Williams, 11 Keith Matthews, 10 Mark McHugh ©, 9 Chris Keane, 8 Colm Rigney, 7 Matt Lacey, 6 John Muldoon, 5 Andrew Farley, 4 David Gannon, 3 Stephen Knoop, 2 Adrian Flavin, 1 Brett Wilkinson. Replacements: 16 John Fogarty, 17 Michael Diffley, 18 Michael Swift, 19 Brendan O'Connor, 20 Tom Tierney, 21 Darren Yapp, 22 Daniel Riordan.

Ospreys: 15 Lee Byrne, 14 Nikki Walker, 13 Sonny Parker, 12 Gavin Henson, 11 Shane Williams, 10 James Hook, 9 Justin Marshall, 8 Ryan Jones, 7 Richard Pugh, 6 Andrew Lloyd, 5 Alun Wyn Jones, 4 Brent Cockbain, 3 Adam Jones, 2 Barry Williams, 1 Duncan Jones (capt). Replacements: 16 Richard Hibbard, 17 Paul James, 18 Lyndon Bateman, 19 Filo Tiatia, 20 Martin Roberts, 21 Andrew Bishop, 22 Tal Selley.

Date: Friday, September 8 Kick-off: 18:30 (17:30 GMT) Venue: The Sportsground Referee: Iain Heard (Scotland) Touch judges: Leo Colgan, Peter Ferguson

I'm looking forward to seeing the Cap on the Dragons v Ulster game tomorrow as we have lost all 4 of our hookers due to injury. I'm also going to give our tips on the Scarlets and Leinster games.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Magners Celtic League Betting Thread 2006/7 Just received a phone call from. Boyle Sports are offering 4/7 on Ulster beating Newport Gwent Dragons....:lol This is a STEAL. The odds aren't available for anywhere else yet in the UK. I'll post a full synopisis tomorrow but for a start, Newport haven't got a fit hooker tomorrow and are missing 6 Internationals against the reigning Celtic League Champions, Ulster.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.