** February Poker League Result : 1st andybell666, 2nd rosco, 3rd Like2Fish **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st mickyftm32, 2nd Tiffy, 3rd Cauncie, 4th Alley Cat Glover, 5th Larkin22 **
Attention, PL Members! To reinforce security on the forum, we have updated our login process. Please note that you will now need to use your email address to sign in, rather than your forum username. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

CL matches 13/09

Tulenos

Re: CL matches 13/09 Lyon -vs- Real Madrid Very interesting game. Both of them are the biggest favourite to qualified in the playoff and everyone knows what kind of players they have and their strength too. New coach new style new players in Real Madrid. We see a more defensive play from Real Madrid under Capello. He has made the necessary changes to Real Madrid weakneses which is on their holding midfielder and center defender. Madrid have been using Hulguera a defensive midfielder for that role for sometimes and now with Canavaro in there alongside with Ramos, they are more solid now. Emerson and Diarra guarantee more solid defence from the midfileld now. A 3-0 victory from Lyon is hard to repeat imo. Offensive side, Real Madrid biggest improvement is with Ruud playing the center forward role now. With Capello favourite of Cassano playing at the back of Ruud, gives Real madrid a different kind of offensive option nowsaday. Raul has been use wide to the left and David bechkam remaining the useless Ring winger beside his FK and long passing. I see the same issue with Real Madrid today without a good winger that has pace to cause opponent playing wide on their flank (like what happen to Chelsea yesterday). Lyon has a group of nice offensive players too simply name them like Fred, Govou, Carew, Wiltord, Malouda... welll too many. Playing at home againts Madrid, they will push forward for sure. I'm not surprise at all, if Lyon to win again today but I do not see them to win it with style like last season. Againts a team improve so much on their defense, they need a lot more time and create more chances while concentrating on opponent counter attack too. I strongly believe, UNDER 2.5 @ 1.78 represent a lot of values here and deserve medium stake here. Cheers :hope :hope :hope

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL matches 13/09

EventHamburger-Arsenal
Selectionaway win
Strength10/10
Date13/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.69 (Back)
ReasoningArsenal and HSV are in group F tougheder with CSKA Moscow and Porto. Arsenal is maybe favourite here but with games wich play Arsenal in last period they will not be promoted from this group for sure.But Arsenal is team wich can play different roles in different competetions so i expect tomorow a new Arsenal here. HSV is also poor this season.They sold three best players from team,Sergej Barbarez to Leverkusen,Van Buyten to Bayern M and Boularoz to Chelsea. Arsenal will be here without Thierre Hanry but stil Arsenal have great young players wich are able to take all points

EventHamburger-Arsenal
Selectionover 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date13/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.41 (Back)
ReasoningThere is not Thierre Hanry and odds for over 2.5 goals grow til 2.41..Unbolivable but true... Here lie a very big value.Both teams have big missings.HSV sold bst players and bought some players wich are not on the level where HSV was when finished last season.Arsenal started also very bad drawing 1-0 two times at home. So tomorow is another game and very important.With young stars i think that Arsenal will be able to win here but first of all i want see here a nice football and many goals.HSV play at own stadium and i can see that they will socre too

EventDinamoKiev-Steaua Buc
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date13/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningThis is very intresting game grom group E where are Dinamo Kiev and Steaua as outsiders and Real Madrid and Lyon as favourites. Dinamo came to champios league winning over Metalurg Liepaja 4-0 and 5-0 and winning over Fenerbahce 3-1 and 2-2. Steaua came to champions league winning over Gorica 3-0 and 2-0 and winning over Standard 2-2 and 2-1. Dinamo is more expirienced team and already have big results in champions league.Here they play with full team.This game is important for them and i think that Dinamo will win but it will be more then hard..This is very hard game to predict and i will take here home side..
EventDinamo Kiev-Steaua
Selectionunder 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date13/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.70 (Back)
ReasoningThis is very intresting game grom group E where are Dinamo Kiev and Steaua as outsiders and Real Madrid and Lyon as favourites. Dinamo came to champios league winning over Metalurg Liepaja 4-0 and 5-0 and winning over Fenerbahce 3-1 and 2-2. Steaua came to champions league winning over Gorica 3-0 and 2-0 and winning over Standard 2-2 and 2-1. We can see that both teams scored a lot of goal in previously games.This game is something different and i expect here tight game.Dinamo can win 1-0 and also draw as 0-0 or 1-1 can not suprise me

EventLyon-Real Madrid
Selectionaway win
Strength10/10
Date13/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.04 (Back)
ReasoningReal Madrid is very strong in this season.They are in group with Lyon again and there are Dinamo kiev and Steaua as outsiders too. Last year Lyon won 3-0 over Real in champions league and in Madrid drawed 1-1. I feel that Lyon is not strong as in previously season and on the another side Real is maybe strongest in last 5 years. President of Real Ramon Carderon made great job signing Fabio Capelo as coach.After that they bought grerat players as Nistelrooy (wich scored hattrick in last game against Levante) ,Reyes,Diarra,canavaro... I think that Real will make suprise here and take all points from Lyon wich is losing old shine...
EventLyon-Real Madrid
Selectionover 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date13/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.25 (Back)
ReasoningThis two team like to plar hard games with many goals.Last time in Lyon home side won 3-0 over Real. This time situation is different.For me this time Real is favourite coz they have very strong team.This two teams are agains favourite in group and in this first game they have nothing to lose here.So i expect open football with many goals..

EventAnderlecht-Lille
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date13/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.81 (Back)
Reasoningthis is very intresting game from group H wher are Milan as favourite and Lille,Anderlecht and AEK wich will fight for second place. This year Anderlecht started wel in belgian league.they have 4-1-0 and drawed just in this weekend(probably preparing for this game) against Mouscron. At home Anderlecht is 2-0-0 and 2-0. Lille have 3-1-1 and 10-3 and in three away games wich played have 1-1-1 and 3-3. They also drawed last away games against Nantes with same result 1-1. I will give advabtage to home side here coz Anderlecht have to win home games against Lille and AEK if want to make any succes in champions league in this season
EventAnderlecht-Lille
Selectionover 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date13/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.56 (Back)
ReasoningOdds on over are great here. Anderlecht is tipical team wich play overs and bookies forgot that.He can score three or received three goals and Anderlecht is not as teams from east europe wich will hold 0-0 or 1-0 til the end of game. This game is important for them but we know how big mistakes made Anderlecht in champions league.This time i expect better performance of them and many goals here.

EventDinamoKiev-Steaua Buc
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date13/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.85 (Back)
ReasoningThis is very intresting game grom group E where are Dinamo Kiev and Steaua as outsiders and Real Madrid and Lyon as favourites. Dinamo came to champios league winning over Metalurg Liepaja 4-0 and 5-0 and winning over Fenerbahce 3-1 and 2-2. Steaua came to champions league winning over Gorica 3-0 and 2-0 and winning over Standard 2-2 and 2-1. Dinamo is more expirienced team and already have big results in champions league.Here they play with full team.This game is important for them and i think that Dinamo will win but it will be more then hard..This is very hard game to predict and i will take here home side..
EventDinamo Kiev-Steaua
Selectionunder 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date13/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.70 (Back)
ReasoningThis is very intresting game grom group E where are Dinamo Kiev and Steaua as outsiders and Real Madrid and Lyon as favourites. Dinamo came to champios league winning over Metalurg Liepaja 4-0 and 5-0 and winning over Fenerbahce 3-1 and 2-2. Steaua came to champions league winning over Gorica 3-0 and 2-0 and winning over Standard 2-2 and 2-1. We can see that both teams scored a lot of goal in previously games.This game is something different and i expect here tight game.Dinamo can win 1-0 and also draw as 0-0 or 1-1 can not suprise me
Hi Robijas, I have some doubt over your selection above (Don't get me wrong, I have high respect on you but on this one.. I couldnt agree 2 bets but small chanse here). First of all, you choose Dinamo WIN 10/10. When you choose this bet, what do you expect? Obviously you wanted your team to win and score more (well, could be 1-0 or 2-0 too). But, The second bet, you took UNDER 2.5 10/10 and the resoning because the away team can grab a draw or away win too. IMO, only 2 outcome you will win both the bets, thats Dinamo 1-0 and 2-0, if thats the case, what dun you place 1 unit on the CS, and get a better return? If you are telling me the UNDER is a cover bet, I have more doubt then. Because if the result is not 1-0 and 2-0 u are losing for sure in the end of the day. no joke thats 20units in a slim chance to win both bets, i think is not a good choice. Please do not treat this msg as flamming msg, i only want to find out what is in your mind and how you consider placing this 2 bets. Cheers :cheers

Re: CL matches 13/09 Hi Arneko fe, i am very glad that someone talk about my bets.That is very important coz i will see before games where i made mistake maybe. About this game in Kiev i am prety sure for under and that is really 10/10 for me.Both teams have to lose so mach in this game and both will be careful.In alst season we saw how tight games are when play two easteuropean teams..So results as 0-0 or 1-1 or 1-0 for Kiev are most posible here. Second i saw and understand that i made little mistake putting 20 units on almost same bet and income but i bolived in 1-0 for Kiev.. Latter i saw more nicely bet taking Kiev on -0 & -0.5 ah with 1.57 at betfair..That seems a pretty sure combination. After a lot of goals of this two teams in previously champ league games i dont expext more then 2 goals here... thank you and good luck...:cheers

Re: CL matches 13/09 REAL MADRID TEAMSHEET: Goalkeepers: Casillas, Diego López, and Adán. Defenders: Roberto Carlos, Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Raúl Bravo, Pavón, Mejía. Midfielders: Javi García, Diarra, Emerson, Cicinho, Guti, Reyes, Beckham. Forwards: Raúl, Robinho, Van Nistelrooy, Cassano. Not called up: Helguera (coaching decision), Salgado (injured), and Ronaldo (injured). Gérard Houllier ended by naming his 20-man squad. Abidal, Benzema, Berthod, Carew, Clerc, Coupet, Cris, Diarra, Fred, Govou, Juninho, Källström, Malouda, Müller, Réveillère, Squillaci, Tiago, Toulalan, Vercoutre, Wiltord

Porto - CSKA Jo (Jorginho) CSKA to score a goal This kid is amazing. So much class, elegance, talent, whatever. And he's so young. Amazing driblings, amazing touch..it's incredible. I just must take this bet on him to score a goal here, betfair @3.75, best price by far on the market... Bwin has only 2.5. GL~
gl but imo 3.75 is WAY too low for anyone to score in this match. 1. it may easily be under match. 2. CSKA has TOO big variety of players which score goals (vagner love,olic,carvalho). too low odds on Jo.

Lyon -vs- Real Madrid Very interesting game. Both of them are the biggest favourite to qualified in the playoff and everyone knows what kind of players they have and their strength too. New coach new style new players in Real Madrid. We see a more defensive play from Real Madrid under Capello. He has made the necessary changes to Real Madrid weakneses which is on their holding midfielder and center defender. Madrid have been using Hulguera a defensive midfielder for that role for sometimes and now with Canavaro in there alongside with Ramos, they are more solid now. Emerson and Diarra guarantee more solid defence from the midfileld now. A 3-0 victory from Lyon is hard to repeat imo. Offensive side, Real Madrid biggest improvement is with Ruud playing the center forward role now. With Capello favourite of Cassano playing at the back of Ruud, gives Real madrid a different kind of offensive option nowsaday. Raul has been use wide to the left and David bechkam remaining the useless Ring winger beside his FK and long passing. I see the same issue with Real Madrid today without a good winger that has pace to cause opponent playing wide on their flank (like what happen to Chelsea yesterday). Lyon has a group of nice offensive players too simply name them like Fred, Govou, Carew, Wiltord, Malouda... welll too many. Playing at home againts Madrid, they will push forward for sure. I'm not surprise at all, if Lyon to win again today but I do not see them to win it with style like last season. Againts a team improve so much on their defense, they need a lot more time and create more chances while concentrating on opponent counter attack too. I strongly believe, UNDER 2.5 @ 1.78 represent a lot of values here and deserve medium stake here. Cheers :hope :hope :hope
I agree in the under for this match. This is a different Madrid side under Capello - they will play very cautiously and be a happy with an away draw. And Lyon allowed just 4 goals through 8 Champions League matches last season.

Hi Arneko fe, i am very glad that someone talk about my bets.That is very important coz i will see before games where i made mistake maybe. About this game in Kiev i am prety sure for under and that is really 10/10 for me.Both teams have to lose so mach in this game and both will be careful.In alst season we saw how tight games are when play two easteuropean teams..So results as 0-0 or 1-1 or 1-0 for Kiev are most posible here. Second i saw and understand that i made little mistake putting 20 units on almost same bet and income but i bolived in 1-0 for Kiev.. Latter i saw more nicely bet taking Kiev on -0 & -0.5 ah with 1.57 at betfair..That seems a pretty sure combination. After a lot of goals of this two teams in previously champ league games i dont expext more then 2 goals here... thank you and good luck...:cheers
ye.. Thanks for reply. So, now I know, in your mind you are looking for a tight match to happen and UNDER 2.5 is the most probable outcome. I will consider this too :clap

Re: CL matches 13/09 So todays bets for me : Manchester Utd - Celtic -1 1/2 AH @1.85 Dynamo Kiev - Steaua X HT @2.10 FC Kopenhagen - Benfica 0:0 AH @2.00 Lyon - Real Madrid 0:0 AH @2.12 and a little Double : Manchester Utd v Celtic @1.30 AC Milan v AEK Athens -1 Normal Handicap @1.52 @1.98 GL Everyone :hope:hope

Re: CL matches 13/09 :hope

bet on dinamo KIev.handicap 1.Steau doesn't have the experience to play in CL.home win the best bet of the day.
You don't know anything about Steaua, do you? Steaua has nothing to lose and they want to at least qualify for EUFA cup winnig the 3rd place. That means they have to be over Kiev at the end of the group stage. This is the place where they have to win points because at lyon and madrid itll be extremely hard. Steaua had a very good performance last season in UEFA Cup reaching the semis, and only God knows how did they receive 4 goals @ Boro. Indeed i saw Kiev away to Fener in the 3rd preliminary round and they play some modern football, Mihailicenko had a great teacher in Lobanovski and one can see the team plays very good. However Steaua made 3 late transfers , a right defender, a defensive midfielder and a striker, all 3 are very good players. My money will be on Steaua level ball, odds about 3.80 4/10 :hope

Re: CL matches 13/09 Manchester United vs Celtic Man Utd have the better squad,form, experience and are at home. Celtic may top the league but their form is nothing special at all. The back four don't look up to taking on a Manchester side that's playin well. Celtics midfield/attack hasn't eally sparked to life either so far this season. Nakamura apparently plays poorly in away games, he's their best player. Hesselink looks good but Miller hasn't settled. Add in the fact the centre backs played against Aberdeen with knocks and will do so again. Man Yoo have Scholes and Rooney returning, Ronaldo is out though. An interesting stat is Rooney hasn't scored in the CL since his debut hat-trick and Saha has never scored in the CL. With Van Nistelrooy gone either or will have to fill his role. I think Ferguson will have the tactical nous to out-manouver Strachan who I don't personally rate greatly as a manager. I think we'll see a similar scoreline as when The Reds took on Rangers 2 seasons ago, winning 3-0. Man Utd also have a high corner count in most games. Man Utd -1 handicap @ 10/11 20pts Man Utd -3 corner handicap @ 11/10 10pts First corner upto and including 9th minute @ 5/6 5pts Porto vs CSKA Moskva Promises to be a tight game, to recent cup winners against each other. Porto are a good squad but they miss Quaresma, Mccarthy has left and the club captain is out for the rest of this year. Team news is a bit sketchy on CSKA but I don't believe they miss any key players. The likes of Vagner, Olic ,Kharkov all play. I really think the Moscvites can get at least a draw in Portugal and a win might not be out the question either.A draw or win at evens is value is feel. CSKA +1 @ 2.00 10 pts Hamburg SV vs Arsenal Hambur have got off to a poor start to the season, they have drawn 3 times in the league and lost to a lower division side in the DFB Pokal. Arsenal aren't in great fettle either, 2 draws and a loss in the league but we have at least won 2 game sin the CL. Henry is absent from the squad as i'm sure most people know. Apart from that there's no other injury news. Not sure of Hamburgs squad news. Here we have two misfiring sides and the result could go either way. I don't expect Arsenal to lose but if we went a goal behind again it would be hard to get back in it. Arsenal typically attack from all over the pitch and often earn a lot of corners in a match and that's the market I'm playing in this game. Arsenal won 3-0 against Zagreb without Henry so perhaps it won't be such a loss.Persie and Adebayor will spearhead the front line, Persie is always on the ball and I can see him getting a goal at some point. Arsenal 0 corner handicap @ 2.10 10pts Persie ATG @ 3.60 2.5 pts De Jong ATG @ 7.00 2.5pts AC Milan vs AEK Athens The short odds on AC are of no value at all so other markets have to be looked at. AEK didn't impress me against Hearts at home and didn't impress greatly away either. They scored two late winners in Scotland and only an away with the game in Greece once 2 Hearts players got sent off. Perhaps one of the weakest sides in the CL. AC are taking the CL very seriously as the league may be out their reach with an 8 point deduction to make up. The new signing Oliveira scored on his debut and him paired with with Inzaghi looks promising, plus the likes of Kaka and Pirlo in midfield looks strong. I expect AC to win by 2 clear goals and a clean sheet should be on the cards. The 1.61 on offer for the -1 handicap doesnt interest me though.Bookings could be high too, Italian sides often have bookings as do Greeks. The Greek coach has also voiced his concerns over their lack of goal scoring, doesn't bode well for this tie for them but good for AC who are defensively good anyway. AC ought to come out the traps for this and a corner in the first 9 minutes is quite likely. First corner upto and including the 9th minute @ 2.00 5pts Bookings points 40+ @ 2.10 10pts Copenhagen vs Benfica Fc Kobenhavens home record is pretty poorly, they seem to play best away from home, lucky to even be in the CL still with a lucky victory over Ajax in the second leg. Benfica aren't a brilliant side but should be solid enough to go an get a result in Denmark. The Danes miss Alback but have the likes of Gronkjaer (thats good or bad depending on how you look at it!). Probably goals in this fixture from both sides, overs at above evens.Benfica have the better team and considering Copenhagens home form the Portuguese are worth a dabble for a sraight win.I'll be taking, Both teams to score @ 1.95 5pts Benfica to win @ 2.75 5pts Lyon vs Real Madrid The fixture of the round, two top class sides with quality in every position. The trouble is figuring out whats going to happen! One thing is for sure I don't think Lyon will thump Real 3-0 like last time, new coach new ethos new spirit amongst Madrid through Capello will make this interesting. Both midfields look great as do the forward lines. To analyse it I think Madrid have better out and out strikers in Van Nistelrooy, Robinho and Cassano. Carew, Wiltord and Fred don't carry the same threat imo. In midfield I'd say Lyon actually shade Madrid. Juninho, Govou, Malouda and plenty of quality on the bench. Madrid have Beckham, Diarra, Reyes and Emerson for example, not quite as strong talent wise. Defensively Madrid are a bit suspect at right back because Cicinho starts, he gets forward brilliantly but will leave gaps. At CB they are strong. I'm not that knowledgable on Lyons defence but it's obviously good due to their league results. Mouth-watering clash and although I think Lyon might be a bit stronger in midfield the attack of Madrid might be enough to win this. Van Nistelrooy has an impeccable CL record and is fresh off a hat trick. I expect there to be a good few bookings i this bout as well, two very physical midfields and some technical/fast players to draw fouls. This is one of those games which will either be 0-0 or there's gonna be goals, i think the latter. Hope for some entertainment. Ruud ATG @ 3.10 2.5pts Govou ATG @ 4.00 2.5pts Bookings points 45+ @ 2.30 5pts Over 2.5 goals @ 2.20 5pts

Re: CL matches 13/09 about dinamo-steua today, i think even lyon and real will have big problems in kyiv and the paper wont mean much/ dinamo is very strong home and if they dont underestimate steaua today they should win like 2-1 or 3-1. 1.9 for home win is definately worth taking. they also has much experience which means a lot here.i dont think this group has too clear favorites and kyiv can go further if they get points like this. Steua maybe will make some draws which in the end will actually help dinamo -maybe little too early for this but i think it eventually will happen.

Re: CL matches 13/09 Alot of games look like they could go either way tonight. There is really not alot between the majority of the sides in my view. I've taken Manchester United -1, Milan -1 and Porto tonight as they look to me the 3 most capable of a win. Elsewhere though with a bit of luck there are some big prices to be picked up. Good luck to everyone. :ok

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventFCK v Benfica
SelectionLAY Benfica (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date13/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.15 (Lay)
ReasoningLaying Benfica here seems a logical choice. Sure, Benfica have more CL experience but their fitness level cannot be expected to be as high as the FCK players. They have only played one league match so far, and that was a comprehensive 3-0 defeat away to Boavista. FCK aren't the greatest team in the world and are a little lightweight, but they have spirit. They showed that by going to Ajax and winning 2-0 to qualify. 10pts Lay of Benfica @ 3.15 Betfair

Re: CL matches 13/09 just repeating what's already been said here but Manu prices are crazy. Yes they should win comfortably BUT you have to factor this is a massive game for Celtic and their fans, Scottish prides (and McCains) and stake. I remember a few years back when Leeds played Rangers , Leeds were flying at the time with a great side but ended up falling to the Scots. Don't be fooled either by good league form as we've seen in recent years as especially for the English clubs it doesn't translate to good champs league form (see Arsenal last year and Liverpool the year before) I can't resist laying Utd here the price is just too good, smart money is probably on the goals over though as Celtic have issues at the back but can score goals and Utd aren't watertight either but lethal if on form going forward. Ronaldo out is a missing and not sure whether rooney back helps or not ..