** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL matches 13/09

Tulenos

Wednesday 13 September 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
AC Milan v AEK Athens (19:45 BST)1.144.4012.00119% Related markets...Match Result
Anderlecht v Lille (19:45 BST)2.403.202.40115% Related markets...Match Result
Dinamo Kiev v Steaua Bucharest (19:45 BST)1.663.404.00115% Related markets...Match Result
Hamburg Am v Arsenal (19:45 BST)2.603.302.10117% Related markets...Match Result
Kopenhagen v Benfica (19:45 BST)2.603.202.20116% Related markets...Match Result
Lyon v Real Madrid (19:45 BST)2.303.202.50115% Related markets...Match Result
Man Utd v Celtic (19:45 BST)1.255.509.00110% Related markets...Match Result
Porto v CSKA Moscow (19:45 BST)1.753.353.60115% Related markets...Match Result

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL matches 13/09

time to update the odds I think. ManU available at 2/5 now' date=' sounds good to me as a banker.[/quote'] C Ronaldo is suspended for manchester united.No team nes for Celtic yet but they lokks much stronger on papir after the arrivales of Gravesen and VOH.They give Celtic a new dimension in their play and do believe Celtic could cause some problems for MU in this battle of brittain clash.I would never dream about backing United at these shitty prizes.

only logical bets here for me are two lays MAN UTD and AC MILAN. Prices are way too tight in the first outings and I can see both having problems. Im not saying they wont win and win well but at those prices ????
Totally agree, those prices are ridiculous.

Re: CL matches 13/09 AC definately shouldn't be 1.14 but i think they will beat AEK fairly comfortably, -1 handicap perhaps Anderlecht- Lille, bit of a toss up Anderlecht usually solid at home in the CL but I don't think they are as good as they have been in passed seasons? Tough call Kiev vs Bucharest is another tight one to call, Kiev doing great in their respective league and Steau Bucharest are a good side too, so this'll be interesting, Steaua with a handicap ? Hamburg against the Gooners. Arsenal ave been playing well but not scoring, only a matter of time before we start to score some goals. The addition of Gallas will shore the defence up hopefully. Hamburg aren't on fire either, 3 draws from their first 3 league games and they lost in ET to a lower division side in the DFB Pokal. Arsenal have the players to get the win here, it's a question of keeping it tight at the back and taking chances. The odds should be more 2.30ish for an Arsenal win going on current form. Copenhagen, the shock inclusion of the CL after knocking out Ajax. If they can keep those types of performance up they may well get a result here against 'Fica Lyon Madrid again.. I can't see Real getting thumped again by Lyon this time round. I expect goals in this, over 2.5. Real might knick this one ought to be entertaining nayway Manyoo against the Celts Manchester United are ovously the best side here on form and squad, but Celtic have added some good signings. However, Strachan is no O'Neill and I can see ManU running out winners by 2 goals. The loss of Petrov will hurt Celtic and although Venegoor loks like a good signing, Celtic haven't really sparked to life this season. An away game at Old Trafford isn't easy by any means, I think Ferguson will hold the upper hand Porto playing CSKA Two recent UEFA Cup winners pitted against each other, looks interesting on paper. I always like the way CSKA play and would probably favour the Russian side slightly here

Re: CL matches 13/09 Benfica (0) Asian Handicap seems good to me. The Danes should be the whipping boys of the group and Benfica are a good team as ManU supporters might remember. Won't go for a full win though coz playing away in this competition is always difficult.

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventLyon v Real Madrid
SelectionReal Madrid (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date13/09/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.23 (Back)
ReasoningLyon and Real Madrid meet again. Last year Lyon won 3-0 at home while drawing in Madrid. Compared to last season, Real Madrid have some new players: Diarra, Cannavaro, Emerson, Van Nistelrooy and...Antonio Cassano. Yes, Cassano. Since Fabio Capello came back as trainer of Real, Cassano is surely a "new" player. He had him in Rome and it is not a secret that Capello is the only trainer who succeeded until now to "administrate" the difficult genius of Bari. The other teams of Group E are Dinamo Kiev and Steaua. Lyon and Real will try to start with three points. No matter who wins, the loser of this game will have still time and possibility to obtain the qualification against Steaua and Dinamo. I think that Lyon and Real will play an open game with Real trying to take his revenge over Lyon and Cannavaro and Cassano over Govou and Malouda (France - Italie 3-1). Line-ups: LYON - Coupet, Reveillere, Squillaci, Cris, Abidal, Tiago, Toulalan, Juninho, Malouda, Fred, Govou. REAL MADRID: Casillas, Carlos, Salgado, Cannavaro, Ramos, Beckham, Diarra, Emerson, Raul, Van Nistelrooy, Cassano.

Re: CL matches 13/09 porto-cska porto is beatable at home ground and we've seen that many times. only questiion for me here is if cska will go on 100%, if they will then this is worth taking. i think quality is at russian side, good defense, perfect forwards. imo, cska is able to win on anyones ground this year with what they got. many possibilities here. A-0.5 @ 5 A+0.5 @ 2.1 are all good picks, depends what risks you want to take. personally i think this will not end in draw so i like A-0.5 more. As A-0 which is BEST option for this match i think is not available at exchanges... u may get like 3-3.5 at regular bookies for that.if exchanges open that go for that @ 3.5-3.8 or whatever will be there.

Re: CL matches 13/09 Event : Kopenhagen v Benfica Selection : Benfica to win Bookmaker/price : 2.78 @Betfair Reasoning : Kopenhagen suprise all against Ajax but I watched the match and i can say that they were very very lucky!!! I think that they are a mediorce team and if Benfica play with determination they are going to win. Also for Kopenhagen is out their most experience player (Allback) Event : Lyon v Real Selection : Over 2.5 Bookmaker/price : 2.26 @Betfair Reasoning : Both of teams are very strong and experienced in CL and i think that they are going to succeed lot of goals because they both are playing attacking football. Event : Porto v CSCA Selection : Over 2.5 Bookmaker/price : 2.6 @Betfair Reasoning : This is also a game that i'm expectin lot of goals because this teams are playing more attacking than defensive football.

Event : Porto v CSCA Selection : Over 2.5 Bookmaker/price : 2.6 @Betfair Reasoning : This is also a game that i'm expectin lot of goals because this teams are playing more attacking than defensive football.
hmmmm... 2.6 sure is interesting. cska have very good defense but if they concede they will have to score and i believe theres cska main power, in forwards. i have to think about this further and get more info cos still both porto / cska lot of games end in 0:0/1:0 and alike.... hard to read but 2.6 seem worth a shot. edit>
Nov 24, 2004 UEFA Champions League CSKA Moscow Porto 0 - 1
Sep 15, 2004 UEFA Champions League Porto CSKA Moscow 0 - 0

Re: CL matches 13/09 benfica for sure are a value bet. even with the +0 handicap. cant decide if i will go with that or just to outright win. copenhagen will be without allbeck and its their first appearance i believe. benfica have been here before and done well. so, just a matter of which benfica bet to choose as for lyon and real... such a toss up. one person has said they back madrid full stake with asian handicap. i think i might also support this... RVN linking up with becks again is a great combination (as it was when they were both part of man utd)

Re: CL matches 13/09 Watch out all of you punters picking Benfica, we've been playing like crap... and I mean CRAP! last game ... lost 3-0 with 3 red cards ... no game, no nothing! Hopefuly we'll give a huge step to a convincing victory,but not a sure bet, and they will not win by more than 1 IF they win at all! that's my conviction, unless of course, Copenhagen are like Austria Wien and can't play at all!

Anderlecht- Lille, bit of a toss up Anderlecht usually solid at home in the CL but I don't think they are as good as they have been in passed seasons? Tough call
Anderlecht should be better then the past seasons, they have bought some good technically midfielders and they have three good strikers. Only the defence is weakened in comparison with the previous seasons. Anderlecht lost their last six games at home in the Champions League. Their last win at home dates from 2003 against Lyon. It's indeed a tough call, but on first view I would go for under2.5, odds around 1.55. I think both teams will defend the advantage if they score instead of going for a second goal.

Re: CL matches 13/09 I'm a Celtic fan so will give you the low down on the Celtic team. Balde and Maloney haven't played this season and are back in training now but this match will come too soon. Balde is Celtic's only proven defender in Europe while Maloney won the SPL player of the year award last season (and young player of the year!). Maloney's creativity has been missed this season. This will be Celtic's most likely lineup: ------------------Boruc---------------- Wilson----McManus---Caldwell----Naylor Nakamura--Gravesen--Lennon--McGeady ----------Venegoor---Miller------------ That will almost certainly be the team. If Strachan sticks with the team from Saturday then Zurawski will start instead of Miller but Miller has impressed more than Zurawski this season without scoring. Jarosik hasn't played for 2 or 3 games due to form. Nakamura is the best player in the SPL and Strachan says he's the most technically gifted player he's ever coached or played with. The CL is his level and he got MOTM against Greece and Brazil in last years confederations cup. McGeady has been in superb form this season. He got MOTM against Milan in the CL a couple of years ago so is up to it at this level. Gravesen will love this game and got man of the match in his debut on Saturday. Lennon has the experience but the weak link of the midfield. Venegoor has scored in his 1st two games of the season and Miller's confidence will be sky high after 2 goals in 2 games for Scotland last week. He also set up Venegoor's goal in Saturday and looked delighted. The defence - It's terrible. :) Wilson is the only player I'm happy to have in the team. McManus, Naylor and Caldwell are ordinary players. If Rooney is on form he'll torture them. The good news for me is that Ronaldo is suspended otherwise Naylor would have been in for a horrid time. I think Man U would win this game 9 times out of 10 but I wouldn't put them down for a clean sheet. There's no value in the United win so I'd got for the Overs. Nakamura's inch perfect delivery into Hesselink can always get a goal while if there's a set piece on the edge of the box I'd back Naka to score it. :) Over 2.5 - 1.84 Nakamura 1st scorer - 25/1

Re: CL matches 13/09 Don't let the fact that Celtic are top of the SPL fool you. They have put in some distinctly ordinary performances, especially away from Celtic Park. They have already lost 2-1 at Hearts and then held to a 1-1 draw by Inverness before narrowly beating a very ordinary Aberdeen side on Saturday, although I take into account that Aberdeen perform much better against the Old Firm than anybody else. The big problem for Celtic will be that they don't have any genuine pace at the heart of their defence. It is a huge bonus that Ronaldo can't play as he could have ran riot but the bad news is that Ferguson will surely use this game to give Rooney and Scholes 90 mins. That may allow him to use Giggs back in his more familiar role to provide some width to their attacks. Utd should win this and odds of 4/11 will not put the big hitters off. For the more modest investor, Bet Direct's offer of 11/10 minus one goal should still be landed. I won't play tonight at all as I'm waiting on Utd for a treble after Barca and Bayern obliged on Tuesday. Good luck

If anyone wants free money - Lay Ronaldo 1st scorer on Betfair! €200 currently on offer up to odds of 9.2.
It doesn't mean free money, though - he's suspended and therefore will not start. In such markets you need the player to start in the game or the bet is voided and money returned - the only thing you will achieve is you will have all the money tied until the match is over and bets settled.:( Not worth it;)

Re: CL matches 13/09 Man.Utd - Celtic Man Utd started great their PL season, winning every game so far. So tonight they will start also their CL campaign hosting Celtic. They are favourites of course in this match but I decided to lay them with few units. Yesterday all big guns had easy wins, and today is expected one of the favourites to slip... I think Celtic have enough power to show good game in Manchester, and possibly stay undefeated. They signed many quality players this season and we will see how they will do. Anyways, lay homewin, betfair 1.36, 7/10. GL~

Re: CL matches 13/09 Lyon - Real Madrid I'm laying here Real Madrid. No way imo they can win in place such as Lyon's homeground. And I think no one can... Lyon showed their class last year but Milan managed to kick them somehow from quarters. This year Lyon will try to go step further and they can do it why not. I really like how this team is functioning... Real Madrid on the other hand is first season with Capello again. THey will do surely better then previous years but still I don't think they have enough power right now to achieve something like a win away at Lyon. I decided to LAY Real Madrid, betfair @3.15. High stakes. GL~

Re: CL matches 13/09 FC Kopenhagen - Benfica FC Kopenhagen hosting Benfica. Danish team made a great deal entering CL group stage by beating Ajax in return leg, which done the job for them. Benfica is experienced team at this level and I just can't see them loosing in Denmark. Ajax won there in first game when they played serious, and I thin Benfica also shouldn't loose there. So I'm laying Homewin, betfair @3. GL~

Re: CL matches 13/09 Hamburg - Arsenal Hamburg hosting arsenal in their CL opener. Hamburg passes Spanish Osasuna to enter this stage, but they did it hardly, not even winning but just cause of away goal scored. Was 0:0 at home and 1:1 away. Now they will have to face much better opponent from England, legendary Arsenal... Hamburg started the season in very bleak and non convincing way. I just can't see them beating Arsenal, which by the way didn't have great of starts either in their PL, but still is much more experienced and better team then Hamburg. I think draw would be gold for home team at best, but I will try to LAY Homewin, betfair @ 3.1. GL~

Re: CL matches 13/09 Porto - CSKA Jo (Jorginho) CSKA to score a goal This kid is amazing. So much class, elegance, talent, whatever. And he's so young. Amazing driblings, amazing touch..it's incredible. I just must take this bet on him to score a goal here, betfair @3.75, best price by far on the market... Bwin has only 2.5. GL~

Re: CL matches 13/09 Anderlecht - Lille Lille is always underevaluate for me. Same in France, nobody talk about them. But since two years they finish second after the untouchable Lyon. This year, they begin well and win exemple Bordeaux 3-0. I'm ok to think Anderlecht good, but for me the value still for Lille. I just go to wait if there is full team for Lille but i think it's go to be my choice with Benfica. For Lyon, i dont have choice yet because they look like less strong than the other years. Not easy to lost the two MDC Essien and Diarra in two years. Same if Toulalan and Alou Diarra are good. Their defence still very good but i dont like their forward Carew. It's go to be no bet for me i think

Re: CL matches 13/09 AC Milan -vs- AEK Athens Milan have a good start (pretty difficult match againts Lazio) in Serie A ahead of CL game againts Greek side. I do see some problem on the Milan back 4 during that game. That probably cause by lack of matches fitness and their age too. They are a bit slow to defend in counter attacking but still experience is their bonus. In attack, Oliveira is their best buy this season imo. He came off from bench and score a goal for milan and his pace and the way he dribble cost the opponent huge trouble. I expect him to be on starting line up today alongside Inzaghi. Well, their midfield quality as usual very balance nothing much to talk about those stars they have there. I have only seen AEK once on tv. Well, I think they are still huge underdog in this game. They started their league in 3 draws, scoring only 2 goals and conceded 2 and all goals happen in their road games. As a team that qualified in UCL, that doesnt looks as a good result either. I'm taking some risk here, Milan on AHC -2 @ 2.20 6/10 and 3/10 on Milan OVER 2.75 @ 2.03. Milan slow reaction from back four may have problem with counter attack from AEK today, I hope for a 4-1 result to happen. Probable lineups Milan: Dida; Cafu, Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta, Serginho; Gennaro Gattuso, Andrea Pirlo, Clarence Seedorf, Kaká; Ricardo Oliveira, Filippo Inzaghi. AEK: Stefano Sorrentino; Martin Pautasso, Traianos Dellas, Bruno Cirillo, Stavros Giorgiopoulos; Emerson, Evangelos Moras, Vladimir Ivić; Júlio César, Nikolaos Lyberopoulos, Panagiotis Lagos. Cheers :)

Re: CL matches 13/09 FCK -vs- Benfica Was it a surprise FCK in CL group stage?? Probably not as big as Levksi but still their lag of experience in big stage would be a huge handicap today. (A lot of ppl might just say they have won againts Ajax blah blah blah, but do not forget, Benfica won againts MU and Liverpool too) I have read a lot of FCK previous post how offensive they are and good they are in the Danish League. But, result said it very clearly. They have recorded some nice result but most of them are playing their road games.

Aug 27, 2006SuperligaenFC KobenhavnAaB Aalborg0 - 2
Aug 13, 2006SuperligaenFC KobenhavnOB Odense1 - 1
Aug 09, 2006UEFA Champions LeagueFC KobenhavnAjax1 - 2
Jul 26, 2006UEFA Champions LeagueFC KobenhavnMyPa2 - 0
May 29, 2006Viasat CupFC KobenhavnNordsjaelland1 - 3
May 21, 2006Viasat CupFC KobenhavnMidtjylland2 - 2
May 14, 2006SuperligaenFC KobenhavnSilkeborg2 - 3
Apr 30, 2006SuperligaenFC KobenhavnBrondby0 - 0
I do not know why, such a highly rated team have such awful result playing in front of their fans. And now, they are in bigger stage playing againts Portuguese side at home. If they would to play offensively againts Benfica, I think that will cost them even more. Benfica always play patient games againts those giant. Their CL result speak for itself. Having see Manchester United and Liverpool face so much trouble againts them. Their counter attacking play was rather efficient so far, and they have the quality players like Simao, Gomez, Petit, Nuno that will give them extra power in controlling matches. Well, FCK will have Gronkjær available tonight, but Allback would be the major lost for them too. Btw, Rui Costa will be out from Benfica team too. Since FCK might be going forward to push for a win here and their offensive play might gain a goal too and I believe Benfica will score too and win the game. So, my choice will land on Benfica DNB @ 2 7/10 and OVER 2 @ 1.80 4/10 Probable teams København: Jesper Christiansen; Lars Jacobsen, Brede Hangeland, Michael Gravgaard, André Bergdølmo; Michael Silberbauer, Tobias Linderoth, Hjalte Nørregaard, Atiba Hutchinson; Jesper Gronkjær, Fredrik Berglund. Benfica: Quim; Alcides, Luisão, Ricardo Rocha, Léo; Paulo Jorge, Petit, Nuno Assis, Konstantinos Katsouranis; Nuno Gomes, Simão. Cheers :)

Re: CL matches 13/09 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Match: Lyon - Real Madrid Pick: Real Madrid 0 Odds: 2.19 @ Pinnacle Stakes: 8/10 Analysis: This fixture has become some sort of a grudge match with the 2 sides. The most memorable result between these 2 sides would be when Lyon thrashed Real Madrid 3-0. It was an utter disaster but we had all foreseen Real’s demise. This season however, Real is about a whole different ballgame altogether. Capello has assembled a side capable of challenging honors both at home and abroad. Cannavaro, Emerson and Diarra all added 1 trait to Real Madrid that is a steely defense and a combative midfield. It is a crucial element lacking in them in the last 2 seasons. I am expecting Real Madrid going about their business and avenge last year’s poor showing. As exhibited in the weekend, Ronaldo’s absence had not been felt yet with Van Nisterooy and Cassano making the step up.

Lyon’s midfield was weakened with the departure of Diarra, clean sheets are at a premium in their local league having only just recently notched their first clean sheet of the season after 5 games, stark contrast to last season when they kept clean sheets in almost half their games and the season before last when they kept a whopping 20 clean sheets. Real could almost guarantee themselves a goal in such circumstances. This would no doubt be a pulsating match and neutrals would have a good time out of this one. Given the fact that Diarra would be one who is able to nullify Juninho while the defense marshaled by Cannavaro should not have too much trouble closing down the likes of Carew, Wiltord and Fred, this would still turn out to be a close match no doubt. I do however fancy Real Madrid to come away with 3 points and set the record straight between these 2 sides.

Real Madrid to win 2-1. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Match: AC Milan - AEK Athens Pick: AC Milan -1.75 Odds: 1.903 @ Pinnacle Stakes: 8/10 Analysis: Milan has started off this season on the right foot with a win over rivals Lazio. Debutant Oliveira did open his accounts too and it all spells good news for Milan. Milan’s 8 point deficit is not an impossible task to overcome but their most realistic chance of a trophy would be in Europe where their experience and quality counts a lot. This match pits them against a misfiring AEK who have found it difficult to find the net in their league. Away against an Italian side, AC Milan at that, would hardly lessen the difficulty. A defense consisting of Maldini and Nesta are class, a midfield orchestrated by Pirlo and Kaka and a strikeforce of Inzaghi and Gilardino should just show enough quality to overcome AEK. The disparity in quality between the 2 sides/leagues could be evident in this match.

Milan to win 3-0 here. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Match: Manchester United - Celtic Pick: Manchester United -1.25 Odds: 1.719 @ Pinnacle Stakes: 8/10 Analysis: After winning their fourth straight matchUnited would be heading into this match with almost a full complement of players. The return of Rooney and Scholes would most certainly bring another dimension to United with all the options United already possess, negating the loss of Ronaldo due to suspension to a certain extent. Furthermore, they would look to avoid the type of European campaign they had last season which I dare say was their worst in years. Throw in the weekend clash against perennial rivals Arsenal, a result here is of utmost importance.

Celtic this season has hardly blown away opponents, even within the league itself. They have hardly been the same side since the days of O’ Neil as manager. To get anything away at Old Trafford is a huge task, especially this season. To make matters worst, their defenders are not in pristine condition either. With Rooney, Saha, Scholes and probably Park, they would have their hands full. Given the disparity in these 2 sides and United’s form, I just have to fancy United to come away with all 3 points and beat a Celtic side whom they have made a habit of beating already.

United to win 3-0. -----------------------------------------------------------------------