** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL matches 12/09

Tulenos

Re: CL matches 12/09 chelsea-werder this news changes everything quite a lot Goalkeeper Tim Wiese, striker Miroslav Klose and defender Per Mertesacker will be out of contention for the match. Wiese has bronchitis, Klose and Mertesacker are injured. International midfielders Tim Borowski and Torsten Frings are still in doubt for the clash. Bright omega: Chelsea not focusing on premierleague ? i think you are wrong there. Even if they focus 1000% on champions league, they still have so hard group they have no guarantee they will be better than werder and barca. very hard group. if they were in other one then they could put more focus on something, but not in this case.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL matches 12/09

Let me show you how thigs really are here in Bulgaria. Nobody gives a damn about home league. Players are bored to play in it. Only 5-6 matches per season can be considered as a serious motivation for the players of Levski (against CSKA and Litex, maybe some Cup matches). This season it's all about CL for Levski. The de facto boss of Levski said that their goal is to impress in CL and to sell as many players at the highest prices possible in the winter. Think about Artmedia last season and you will see the master plan of Levski. There is no chance Levski will run back and forth at Nou Camp thinking about home league. It's a part of their 15 minutes of glory, they have waited enough for it so they will try to make the best of it. Stoichkov scored against Barca and entered the world football stage. Shevchenko scored against Barca and went to Milan. That's what's going on inside the heads of Levski's players right now. That said, Barca should have little problems beating them. But Levski's motivation is 100%.
thanks for info and thats what i think too (about players showing off for transfer money) but that said, i dont expect that to matter tonight. as i said before, this is maybe hardest group for all 3 favorites and it happenedmany times before, they need points from outsiders. about shevchenko, well sure it wasnt just one goal ;)

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventSporting - Inter
SelectionInter
Strength10/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 2.15 (Back)
ReasoningInter is aa big favourite for me here.They have great squad this season and they are scoring a lot of goals.A little bit of history.Sporting didn't won any of it's last 10 games in CL.In previous four games at home ground they didn't even score a goal.Inter losed only 2 from 11 previous away games in CL.In last three editions of CL Inter won all three first games in CL and kept a clean sheet in all three.Two of those matches were away.I'm going with Inter here.Sporting is nothing special really I think.

chelsea-werder this news changes everything quite a lot Goalkeeper Tim Wiese, striker Miroslav Klose and defender Per Mertesacker will be out of contention for the match. Wiese has bronchitis, Klose and Mertesacker are injured. International midfielders Tim Borowski and Torsten Frings are still in doubt for the clash. Bright omega: Chelsea not focusing on premierleague ? i think you are wrong there. Even if they focus 1000% on champions league, they still have so hard group they have no guarantee they will be better than werder and barca. very hard group. if they were in other one then they could put more focus on something, but not in this case.
Klose has made the game and starts

Re: CL matches 12/09 Hallo to all for some time i'm follow barca corners and in the last 5 games barca did 4 under 10 in corners, the reason for that is the manner barca is playing. in most of barca games the possesion is on barca side and the way barca is playing is always from the middle... every time the ball is going to one side he come back to the middle and the outcome is low corners for barca. i see a similar outcome in this game barca under 10 corners

Re: CL matches 12/09 Chelsea line up was pretty funny too. SWP not even on bench and the 4 midfielder they use are Essien, Ballack, Makelele, Lampard, why are they using 4 center midfielder in 1 line today? Jole Cole on the bench. Typical winger in their squad only left Jole Cole and SWP, 1 on bench and 1 not there at all. Not sure whats the plan. Liverpool line up was even funny. 4-3-3--- Sissoko, Pennant, warnock Bellamy, Kuyt and Zenden No gerrard, xabi, garcia, hypia, gonzales. :(

Chelsea line up was pretty funny too. SWP not even on bench and the 4 midfielder they use are Essien, Ballack, Makelele, Lampard, why are they using 4 center midfielder in 1 line today? Jole Cole on the bench. Typical winger in their squad only left Jole Cole and SWP, 1 on bench and 1 not there at all. Not sure whats the plan. Liverpool line up was even funny. 4-3-3--- Sissoko, Pennant, warnock Bellamy, Kuyt and Zenden No gerrard, xabi, garcia, hypia, gonzales. :(
I think Chelsea will use the diamond formation in midfield with Makelele at the back and Ballack at the top. SWP simply not good enough for chelsea not a intelligent player

Re: CL matches 12/09 Sporting Lisbon v Inter Milan Firstly good luck to everyone with their bets tonight :hope My personal pick has to be Inter tonight, I had them down as slightly odds on favs, so i'll take them at 2.20, in what i think will be a low scoring away victory (0-1, 0-2). They are defensively very solid, its going to be great to see best friends Vieira and Dacourt dominate the midfield, and they have the attacking prowess of Figo, Adriano and Ibrahimovic in their ranks. I expect Inter to do well this year and kick start their champs league campaign tonight with a solid win! Sporting Lisbon v Inter Milan @ 2.2 ladbrokes (1pt) (Scale 1-5pts) Good Luck!!

Sporting Lisbon v Inter Milan Firstly good luck to everyone with their bets tonight :hope My personal pick has to be Inter tonight, I had them down as slightly odds on favs, so i'll take them at 2.20, in what i think will be a low scoring away victory (0-1, 0-2). They are defensively very solid, its going to be great to see best friends Vieira and Dacourt dominate the midfield, and they have the attacking prowess of Figo, Adriano and Ibrahimovic in their ranks. I expect Inter to do well this year and kick start their champs league campaign tonight with a solid win! Sporting Lisbon v Inter Milan @ 2.2 ladbrokes (1pt) (Scale 1-5pts) Good Luck!!
FYI - Ladbrokes now gone to 2.00. 2.20 still available at stan james :ok

A beast??? Omg.. hope not!!!!!!:rollin (joke a side) After reading your comments, (I'm not sturbant) I have to agree open game will suit Chelsea the most. Another reason why I wrote about the holding balls issues (probably i left out "HOPING"), is mainly due to Bremen offensive play too. We have seen many times how their beautiful midfielder creating chances, pressing game enable them to win againts the opponent in a huge goal margin. I'm not sure if I can call their midfield as one of the best in Europe, but certainly they have the quality to send the ball into the net. I was thinking, if they would have to make use of their strength in that role and since Chelsea is in a transition period to change style due to the new signing, they will have a good chance to have a lot of possesion in games like this. (Btw, having a lot of possesion doesnt means you will win the game.) A lot of times, open game doesnt give you many goals, since both side is trying to create chances and ball possesion becoming equal, the time pass too fast. Number of chances per side also slash down a lot. I think low scoring will hapen tonight. :cheers (2-0 will be good for both of us) Cheers
Nice Chelsea 2-0 win dedicated to DJ :nana :nana :nana (and the beauty is coming to the beast!!!!!:cheers )

Re: CL matches 12/09 Ok so bets for today : Sporting - Inter 1/4:0 @1.80 -lost :(, really big dissapointment, expected much more from the players they have Chelsea - Werder Bremen -1 Normal Handicap @2.10 -won :clap Barcelona - Levski -2 1/4 AH @2.02 -won :clap Barcelona - Levski CS 3:0 @6.50 -lost , but only 0.5 points, Barca was great they did much more then necesarry. and a little treble : Bayern München v Spartak Moscow FC Barcelona v Levski Sofia Chelsea v Werder Bremen @2.06 -won :clap GL for everyone tonight :hope A pretty good night can't wait for tommorow. PS Roma was great didn't see that coming..

(Bwin Odds, short explanations) B. Munich - Spartak Moskow -> HOME win @ 1.35 WIN:D Roma - Donetsk -> HOME win @ 1.4 WIN:D Chelsea - W. Bremen -> Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.75 LOST:( Sporting - Inter -> Over 2.5 goals @ 2.0 LOST:( Barça - Levski -> HOME Handicap (-1) Win @ 1.38 WIN:D
So I am happy overall, and for those of you who said Inter were better than Sporting, you ought see the game ;)

Sofia had a bad warm-up to the Barcelona clash - Some players didn't play over a pay dispute and they played a youth-side winning 8-0. Not ideal. Sofia plan to play like Sevilla in the Super Cup, catching the Catalans on the counter but the quality they have versus that of Sevillas is fairly big, plus Barca are at home and will want to get off to a flyer. The Levski coach said they will go to attack and would be happy to get a point. With that in mind I think Barca being the overwhelming favourites anyway, tere will be plenty goal-mouth action. 3-0 has been bandied around and I think that's a fair estimate. Barca undoubted quality, the win shouldn't be in doubt here's my punts; Barcelona -2 @ 2.00 Paddypower :D Etoo ATG @ 1.72 Betdirect :D Bayern vs Spartak Moskva Initially i thought Spartak may be of slight value +1 but recent statistics suggest otherwise. They have not won in 17 CL matches. More to the point they struggled to overcome fairly weak opponents to reach this stage, Tiraspol they overcame on an away goal, and they beat Liberec 2-1 to seal their passage. Not statistics of a brilliant team really. Bayern are a class above despite Ballack leaving and their unimpressive start to the season, my only worry is Bayerns full squad played into ET against St.Pauli. Spartak are slightly underestimated considering current form/results. Advocaat is a good manager so this will be an interesting clash, no question. Going on Spartaks past leaky defences in previous campaigns and the fact Bayern should be bale to stick a couple past the overs may be worth a look, however i'm saving this for the , In-play market, keep an eye out for the corners Chelsea vs Werder Bremen Both teams will be desperate to get off to a win, Chelsea have the home advantage and probably better team but I wouldn't discount Bremens goal threat. Klose is a doubt which would be a major blow for the Germans but they have scorers frm elsewhere on the park. Chelski's defence hasn't impressed me this season, it's been far from the back 4 of last term. The shuffling of left-back won't do much to help stabilise it either, so i can see Chelsea conceding but i also think they will probably win, maybe 2-1, and are well capable of scoring 2 goals on this stage. Two attacking sides, both will go for the 3 points.So my pick; Over 2.5 goals @ 1.80 sportingodds :( Lampard hit the post for 3 Galatasaray vs Bordeaux This is an interesting clash, Bordeaux are off to a fairly good start in the league whereas Galatasaray, traditional torch bearers of the Turkish league have been poor, sitting midtable with one win and 4 draws. Their defence is quite shoddy form what i hear plus they miss several players. I feel the French can get a result here (in the Olympic stadium). It's tough going away to Turkey definately, but the Galatasaray squad isn't what we're used to seeing i don't think. I expect goals here also. Bordeaux +1 @ 1.70 sportingodds :D Over 2.5 goals @ 2.25 StanJames :$ 0-0 Olympiakos vs Valencia Staying clear of this, could go either way, draw perhaps the most likely. Rivald returns whereas Valencia miss 3 or 4 players whose names fail me, but are enough to put me off this encounter. PSV vs Liverpool Another no bet game for me, two sides slightly unpredictable going into this game, no solid form to look at and could swing either way. Roma vs Shakhtar Donetsk From what i've read the Spaletti the manager is a bit nervous about his first CL game for the Roma. Pizarro is benched after going in a sulk for being substituted in the weekend victory in Serie A. Roma will most likely go with Totti as the lone striker. Shakhtar have a near full squad I believe and their trusted goalkeeper is back in the side. They rested the key players in the recent league clash which they won 1-0 so should be ship-shape for this. I think Roma have been hyped up a little for this, I fancy the Ukrainians to maybe get a result here. Solid in the league and have produced some good football in previous CL games, plus they have good strength all around. Shakhtar +1 @ 2.50 bluesquare :$ It was lookin good at HT... Sporting Lisbon vs Inter Milan Sporting off to 2 straight wins in the league, Inter off the mark well having gone 3-0 up to win 3-2 over the Viola. Cambiasso the scorer of two of those goals will miss this game as will Recoba and rumour has it Materazzi will also miss the game. I think Adriano will start up front also due to Cruzs' absence. Sporting have 3 players missing , quite important ones at that although that's only from what i hear, clarify? Either way i think Inter have the guns to sink Sporting. A two goal margin may be aksing a little too much but that's what i'm going for, Inter -1 @ 4.00 :loon 1-0! not entirely shocked, was always a bit speculative but thought Inter were good for a win, good ol' Paddy Viera got himself sent off too:spank
Not a total disaster but not in positive figures.. Roll on 2moro's fixtures