** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL matches 12/09

Tulenos

Re: CL matches 12/09

Short comments on my bets and wednesdays games ... Bayern munchen vs Spartak Bayern unbeaten after three games in bunderliga but still haven`t been to impressingly displays from them so far.They come from russia with love but without the suspended and importnant midf Kalinichenko.Bayern favourites at home but Spartak are no walk overs and i think they can cause some problems for the german side tonight.My bet is Spartak +1 @ 2.23 10bet 4/10
Now Kalinichenko is not important midf. After World 2006 him form is poor, and he most matces sittin on the banch Spartak will be in optimal squad: Kovalevski-Iranek, Rodriges, Zheder (new very good defender), Strancl - Titov, Bystrov, Mozart, Kovach, Kovalchuk - Pavluchenko 4-5-1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galatasaray - Bordeaux go to miss the two MDC for Bordeaux Mavuba is suspended Fernandao is wounded Galatasaray dont begin well is championship and they take only 7 points on 15 possible and go to miss for them: the two DGC Orhan and Ergün Penbe, one DC Seyhan and the forward Sukür No bet for me.
+Smicer out for bordeaux

Re: CL matches 12/09 The Greek team hopes that the 10th continuously participation in the CL competition will be like the season 1998/99. Of course not to mention that the game is a sold out and the fans are waiting so much that game. The manager of Olympiakos has decided the staring eleven and Rivaldo will be one of them. No serious problems for the home team and Trod Solid will field the best possible line up. On the other hand, Valencia have started primera la-liga very well with two wins but for today’s game it has 4 important players missing (Baraha, Almeida, Del’Orno and Hoackin). These missing don’t mean that Olympiakos will win the game easily but I am confident that the Greek team can win every opponent at home with the support of its fans. Somebody cannot understand this if he will not attend a game. The supporters really push the team and it is like the 12th player. OLYMPIAKOS (0) Sportingbet @ 1.909

Chelsea - Werder I bet Chelsea Ah-1. I dont see Chelsea to lost this game and maybe than Klose for Werder dont go to begin this match.
and "... While Chelsea's sole injury absentee is Joe Cole (knee), Bremen must do without bronchitis-afflicted goalkeeper Tim Wiese - Andreas Reinke fills in..." Reinke is third keeper, second - also injury Chelsea AH -1, agree with prout

I've not enough time to write a decent preview, but you should all be aware of the big difference in class between Barca and Levski. Barca should win this one but do not underestimate Levski - they are in great form and full of confidence. They have nothing to lose, they gathered experince in the later stages of UEFA Cup last year and I am sure that they will not choke at Camp Nou. Still Barca should be too strong and win by 2 or 3 goals - feel free to take home win if you like very short odds. Best value for me lies in Levski to score. "Barca not to keep a clean sheet" is available at Betfair at 2.5 (very poor liquidity though). The home record of Barca in the group stage of CL last season: 3:1 against Werder, 5:0 against Panathinaikos, 4:1 against Udinese (the same team that Levski put out of UEFA Cup later that season). So Barca kept one clean sheet in 3 matches last year, Levski has a decent creative attack so I would say that they have around 40% chance to score. Last season in UEFA Cup Levski failed to score only in one away match (against Udinese 0:0) but scored away against Artmedia, Heerenveen, CSKA Moscow, Auxerre and Schalke. And Levski looks stronger right now. Over 2.5 goals is also very probable - odds around 1.5 are low but still provide some value. Correct scores 3:1, 4:1 and perhaps 5:1 might also be played with low stakes.
I don't think the comparison againts Udinese is relevant here. Levski cant even score in Udinese, that show some defensive football when they are away from home in UEFA Competition. I do agree Levski always score in some UEFA games when they are away from home, but comparison Barca againts other team like heerenveen, Armedia, Udinese, Chievo is not relevant here. Somehow the class is different. Probably the nearest if you really compare that would be Shalke 04. In terms of class difference, i think this game is pretty huge. I dun fancy Barca will win 4-0 kind of result but to risk some units on Levski which they are so far from the gap to score goals againts the defending champion I think is hard. I have not seen how Levski playing to be honest, but i always believe, barca is a few class above levski. Againts the defending champion if they could put up a strong defense and didnt allow barca to trash them with big margin i think thats already a success for them. I strongly believe Barca will win to nil and with 3 goals margin at least :hope

Now Kalinichenko is not important midf. After World 2006 him form is poor, and he most matces sittin on the banch Spartak will be in optimal squad: Kovalevski-Iranek, Rodriges, Zheder (new very good defender), Strancl - Titov, Bystrov, Mozart, Kovach, Kovalchuk - Pavluchenko 4-5-1
I don`t follow russian league so closely so dunnow how players form etc are but thanks for info.He is a good players and there have been some transfer romours so maybe he is already thinking about his new club ? Anyway GL with ya bets :cheers

EventChelsea-Werder Bremen
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBet1128 @ 1.47 (Back)
ReasoningThis is first game in group A where are Chelsea,Barcelona,Werder and Levski. WE know how hard and intresting games had Chelsea in past two seasons with Barcelona in champions league and my bigest reason why i bet here on Chelsea is fact that Barcelona is better then Chelsea against and that Chelsea know that hard will take points from Barcelona coz Barca will be superb motivated against them in both games. Chelsea wich won english premiership two times in last two season maybe have bigest ambitions in champions league this year.Mourinho want to win champions leahue and intercontinantal cup ant that is his bigest target in this season. Joe Cole and Robben are out but Chelsea with new siging as A.Shevchenko , M.Ballack and A..Cole is too strong for Werder again. Werder started great this season winning 4-2 over Hannover and 2-1 over Leverkuses,but after that lost 0-2 against Schalke and drawed this week against amatour team 1-1 in cup but werder played with second team. With this poor performance and with this facts about this group Werder have nothing to look in London.

EventChelsea-Werder Bremen
SelectionChelsea to score over 1.5 goals
Strength7/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.45 (Back)
ReasoningChelsea have this results in this season: Man city 3-0 , Middlesbrough 1-2, Blackburn 2-0 and Charlton 2-1. 3 of this 4 games finished with over 2.5 goals and all 4 games finished with over 1.5 goals. Chelsea scored a gol in every game.Chelsea scored two or more goals in three of four games wich played. Weder have this results: Hannover 4-2 , Leverkusen 2-1 , Schalke 0-2 and Parmenses 1-1. So we can see that Werder received minimum one goal per game including Permenses wich is amatour team.Two times received two goals in game. So looking for this stats and knowin everything abouth this game what i expained in my earlier pick about this game i can say that Chelsea will score against two or more goals against Werder. Many poeple bolive in werders great performance tonight but i dont bolive in that.For my chances for over are also high but that over can score chelsea alone against poor defence of Werder wich doesnt play great in this season.

Re: CL matches 12/09 Spartak will cause an upset tonight in Munchen imo. Bayern looked very poor at the wkend agaisnt St Paul and they had a full strength team out. The Russian season is in full swing and Spartak are having a terrific season. I can seriously see them causing an upset here and the odds of 8/1 are to big imo.

EventBayern Munchen-Spartak Moscow
Selectionhome win
Strength10/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.40 (Back)
ReasoningThis is game from group B where are Bayern , Spartak , Inter Milan and Sporting. This is hard group and Bayern for sure wnat start this season of champions league with three points. Looking for this H2H between this two teams in prewiously champions league seasons: Oct 17,2001 Bayern Munchen Spartak Mosc 5 - 1 Sep 25,2001 Spartak Moscow Bayern Munch 1 - 3 Feb 21,2001 Spartak Moscow Bayern Munch 0 - 3 Feb 13, 2001Bayern Munchen Spartak Mosc 1 - 0 , we can saythat Bayern is very close to new win over Spartak. Before start of this season Bayern sold Ballack to Chelsea wich was one of most important players in team and bough Podolski from Koln ,Van Buyten from HSV and Van Bommel from Barcelona.I can say that Bayern made great transfers. So Bayern won 2-0 over dortmund and 2-1 over bochum but then in last two games played just 0-0 with Nurnberg and 1-1 against st pauli (but won 2-1 in extra time). Spartak is on the 3th place in Russian league after 19 games but spartak traditionally bad play in away games and have just 2-4-2 and 13-11.With this bad away performance it is hard expect that they can make great result in Germany.

EventBayern Munchen-Spartak Moscow
SelectionBayern to score over 1.5 goals
Strength8/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceNordicbet @ 1.45 (Back)
ReasoningBayern scored 2 goals over Dortmund, 2 goals over Bochum and then scored just one over St pauli and didnt succes to score over Nurnberg. This time i expect a really power in attack of Bayern. Spartak received two goals agaisnt CSKA in last away game,also few weeks ago received one goal against Luch in away game too. They have 13-11 in 8 away games wich played. Maxim Kalichenko is out for Spartak and that is big handicap for this team. Bayern: Oliver Kahn; Philipp Lahm, Lucio, Daniel Van Buyten, Willy Sagnol; Mark van Bommel, Martín Demichelis, Hasan Salihamidžić, Bastian Schweinsteiger; Roy Makaay, Roque Santa Cruz/Lukas Podolsk Spartak: Wojciech Kowalewski; Geder, Martin Jiránek, Clemente Rodríguez, Martin Stranzl; Radoslav Kováč, Mozart, Yegor Titov, Vladimir Bystrov; Roman Pavlyuchenko, Fernando Cavenaghi I think that Bayern is able to score over 1.5 goals at home and odds for that are higher then home win.

Re: CL matches 12/09 Taken Chelsea -1 AH. I can't see us losing and worst would be draw imo. And I guess in this thread there were so many other good explanation why I think Chelsea will shine tonight. Hence, no need for me to repeat it. Gl everyone tonight who decided to jump on Chelsea bandwagon. :hope:hope:hope

EventGalatasaray-Bordeaux
Selectionboth teams to score in the game YES
Strength7/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceBetandWin @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningGalatasaray will play first game in Istanbul against Bordeaux.In second game in this group PSV is waiting for Liverpool.This is hard game and GS have not so big chances for promotion but stil everything is posible.So this game is very important for Galatasaray. But hosts have a big problem.They have to play champions league games on olympic stadium called Ataturk and not on own stadium Ali Sami Yen.This is very big hancicap for home side.At Ali Sami Yen GS can win every european team and that showed in the past.But this Ataturk stadium is not so good for GS and they already played there a champions league matches and didnt have same results as at Ali Sami Yen. Belgians coach from GS have a big problems with team for this game.He have to coise between new signed Inamoto and Alhan and also Arda-Sabri.Thats very hard desision wich can effect on this game.Also Hakan Sukus is ill but probably will play tonight.In team there will not be Orhan AK,Ergun pembe ,Tolga and Mehmet.First two are important players in Galatasaray. Bordeauz also have problems with team.They will be without Rio Mavuba,Ferdinand and of course long injured Smicer. GALATASARAY Mondragon Cihan Song Tomas Ferhat Hasan Mehmet Topal İnamoto (Ayhan) Arda (Sabri) İliç Ãœmit BORDEAUX Rame Jurietti Jemmali Planus Marange Faubert Alonso Micoud Ducasse Wendel Darcheville Draw is most pobible result here but gs already drawed 4 times in 5 games so i will skip this kind of bet.I will bet that both teams will score in this game.With this missings and new stadium wich is not happy for gs i dont expect a easy home win but stil for me gs have more chances for all points.both to score is very profitable and i will take this with medium stake.

EventGalatasaray-Bordeaux
Selection0:0 home win (Asian Handicap)
Strength8/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceInterwetten @ 1.65 (Back)
ReasoningGalatasaray will play first game in Istanbul against Bordeaux.In second game in this group PSV is waiting for Liverpool.This is hard game and GS have not so big chances for promotion but stil everything is posible.So this game is very important for Galatasaray. But hosts have a big problem.They have to play champions league games on olympic stadium called Ataturk and not on own stadium Ali Sami Yen.This is very big handicap for home side.At Ali Sami Yen GS can win every european team and that showed in the past.But this Ataturk stadium is not so good for GS and they already played there a champions league matches and didnt have same results as at Ali Sami Yen. Belgians coach from GS have a big problems with team for this game.He have to coise between new signed Inamoto and Alhan and also Arda-Sabri.Thats very hard desision wich can effect on this game.Also Hakan Sukus is ill but probably will play tonight.In team there will not be Orhan AK,Ergun pembe ,Tolga and Mehmet.First two are important players in Galatasaray. Bordeauz also have problems with team.They will be without Rio Mavuba,Ferdinand and of course long injured Smicer. GALATASARAY Mondragon Cihan Song Tomas Ferhat Hasan Mehmet Topal İnamoto (Ayhan) Arda (Sabri) İliç Ãœmit BORDEAUX Rame Jurietti Jemmali Planus Marange Faubert Alonso Micoud Ducasse Wendel Darcheville Draw is most pobible result here but gs already drawed 4 times in 5 games so i will skip this kind of bet. First of all there are small chances that GS can amke suprise in Holland or Liverpool.Bordeaux is also strong at home.So i can see that if GS have ambitions in champions league( and have coz club had a big financial problems and this champions league can help them) then they must win minimum two of three home games.Looking to rivals it is easiest to coise Bordeaux and PSV. Galatasaray already won over PSV 2-0 in previously season and i was on that game and PSV was with full force with Kezman and company but it was on Ali Sami Yen. So GS have to find way to win some home games here ,and i think that they have to find that quickly. GS can lose here so mach and i think that they will fight very hard.I dont bolive that Bordeaux is able to take all points so i will take GS with 0:0 ah

I don`t follow russian league so closely so dunnow how players form etc are but thanks for info.He is a good players and there have been some transfer romours so maybe he is already thinking about his new club ? Anyway GL with ya bets :cheers
Spartak. goalkeeper - Kovalevski - keeper of Poland national team (in last match) def's - Rodriges (Argentina's team), Iranek (chezh national team), Stranzl (Austrian team), Zheder (Geder) (was a candidate to brazilian team, now want to play in Russian team) midf - Titov (Russian nat. team), Bystrov (Russia), Kovalchuk (Moldova), Mozart (candidate in Brazilian nat. team), Kovach (candidate in Czech nat. team) forw - Pavluchenko (Russian nat. team) Chances for Spartak DNB not large, but my bet _ Spartak AH +1.5 (1.70 in Russia). 4-5-1 is very deffence scheme for Spartak, probably score 1-0, 2-1. may be 1-1 But stakes not big - max 4/10. GL! All players now in good form, only Titov so-so (captain of Russian nat. team and Spartak), because don't play 2 months (inj.) all players in club have a very good money and only Kalinichenko (Ukrainian nat. team - don't play today (susp) want out from Moscow team.
Spartak received two goals agaisnt CSKA in last away game,also few weeks ago received one goal against Luch in away game too.
against CSKA Spartak was very good - match was superderby, and Spartak twice beaten in cross-bar/ Against Luch - Spartak played reserved team (only 4 from 11 players of main team) and Spartak scored but was referees' mistake...

(Bwin Odds, short explanations) B. Munich - Spartak Moskow -> HOME win @ 1.35 I think Bayern will win, their attitude will be different, it's a CL game! Roma - Donetsk -> HOME win @ 1.4 they are italian and they have very good strikers! with more or less pain, they will nail it, I think! Chelsea - W. Bremen -> Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.75 I am almost sure Bremen will score, and chelsea playing at home will do too! Very very good game ;) Sporting - Inter -> Over 2.5 goals @ 2.0 Sporting were not as good as I expected against Nacional, but still they won, and I think their minds were already on Inter! It will be a tough game I think, though I know Inter have a star team, Sporting have very good players and play well as a team, Inter will surely score, they attack is far superior to Sporting defense, but Sporting, playing home... will score too! ;) So over 2.5 and both teams to score if you want to! ;) Barça - Levski -> HOME Handicap (-1) Win @ 1.38 Barça will win, and by more than 2 goals, maybe 3;) wouldn't hurt to try -2 @ 1.95 ;) don't have any pick for the other games ... so I will go for five bets, 4 folds with every combination possible ;) or maybe all double combinations possible :) will decide until tomorrow!
I agree with bigs. In my analysis I have selected "Inter" (see pick attached) but actually the option "Over 2.5 goals" is also interesting. Inter - Roma 4-3 and Fiorentina - Inter 2-3 confirm that Inter does not try to win by defending, but try to win by playing his game. Ciao, JD
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventSporting v Inter
SelectionInter
Strength10/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningIf last year I used to call Juventus "Air Force 1", meaning that the team was strong and almost invincible, this year is Inter "Air Force 2" at least. Inter has always been a good team in the last years but this season the arrival of the former Juventus players Vieira and Ibrahimovic has made this team almost perfect: a powerful forward (Ibrahimovic, Crespo and, if needed, Adriano), a solid midfield (Cambiasso, Figo, Stankovic and Vieira), a good defense (Materazzi, Samuel, Zanetti and Grosso) and an expert goalkeeper (Toldo). Last year Mancini prefered always Julio Cesar but for this season Toldo seems to have his chance. Two examples of the strenght of Inter: the win against Roma (from 0-3 to 4-3) and the win in Florence (3-2). Juventus is now in Serie B and, for one year at leat, if we want to bet in a good team, we have to bet on Inter. Line-ups: SPORTING L. - Ricardo, Miguel Garcia, Tonel, Polga, Ronny, Miguel Veloso, Romagnoli, Nani, Joao Moutinho, Liedson, Bueno. NA: Paredes, Custodio, Farnerud, Carlos Martins. INTER - Toldo, Javier Zanetti, Cordoba, Materazzi, Grosso, Dacourt, Vieira, Figo, Stankovic, Adriano, Ibrahimovic. NA: Recoba, Cambiasso, Cruz.

EventSporting Clube de Portugal - FC Internazionale Milano
SelectionFC Internazionale Milano (-1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 4.60 (Back)
ReasoningFC Internazionale IMO have the strongest squad ever. Purshased lots good players, some World Class: P.Vieira, Z.Ibrahimovic, Crespo. With that kind of players I think Inter can crush Sporting. Odds for Inter (-1) are very high (VALUE) so I will risk.

EventChelsea - Werder Bremen
SelectionChelsea to win to nil
Strength10/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningChelsea are clear favorites for this game. They also have very good defenders and world class keeper P.Cech. Werder is hit by injuries, their best striker Klose will probably won't play, so I think Chelsea have very good chances to win to nil. GL!

EventGalatasaray SK - FC Girondins de Bordeaux
SelectionFC Girondins de Bordeaux (+1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 1.65 (Back)
ReasoningToo equal teams. Very dificult to say which side will win, it will probably be low scoring draw, so +1 AH is very good for me.

Nice odds: Olympiakos PSV Sporting 3 home teams facing "better teams"... Liverpool is playing like shit let's face it. Valencia away is not something to be proud of. Inter just opened Seira A and I guese they're not fit. Home teams should get at least a draw so 1X..
Hi Setup, I agree with you as regards to Olympiakos and PSV, I dont agree as regards to Sporting (as I have bet Inter) :) PSV, even without Cocu can win. At least a draw should be sure. Ronald Koeman already won last year against Liverpool. Ciao, JD
Tip Detail
EventPSV v Liverpool
SelectionPSV Eindhoven (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.05 (Back)
ReasoningLine-ups: PSV - Gomes, Kromkamp, Alex, Eric Addo, Salcido, Farfan, Simons, Mendez, Afellay, Culina, Aroune Koné. NA: Cocu. LIVERPOOL - Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Aurelio, Gerrard, Sissoko, Alonso, Garcia, Kuyt, Fowler. NA: Riise. Liverpool is the favorite of Group C while PSV is supposed to fight for the second place together with Bordeaux and Galatasaray. The "Reds" have lost their derby against Everton (0-3) in the last round of the Premier League. Liverpool played six times in Holland, losing the first time (1-5 against Ajax in 1966/67), winning three times and drawing twice. I think that it will be a very hard game with a possible draw. The odds for the Asian Handicap are high and I think that PSV has some chances to win.

Re: CL matches 12/09 Galatasaray - Bordeaux I will say if Bordeaux score first,its sure over 2.5 goal. Galatasaray have big problem in defender zone,this is the weak side of them. Middelfield and attac player maybe enough for local league but not to CL. My selection is for this game away win.

Sporting - Inter -> Over 2.5 goals @ 2.0 Sporting were not as good as I expected against Nacional, but still they won, and I think their minds were already on Inter! It will be a tough game I think, though I know Inter have a star team, Sporting have very good players and play well as a team, Inter will surely score, they attack is far superior to Sporting defense, but Sporting, playing home... will score too! ;) So over 2.5 and both teams to score if you want to! ;)
Actually I think this match will be under. Inter are traditionally a very conservative side when playing away from home (47 goals for at home, 21 goals for away last season). And Portuguese teams are generally defensive minded, so I don't think there will be many goals in this one.

EventRoma v Shakthar
SelectionRoma by one
Strength10/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceGamebookers @ 3.75 (Back)
ReasoningTwo years ago I was at "Stadio Olimpico" in Rome when a stupid fan of Roma threw a lighter to the referee Frisk. I paid to see only 45 minutes of a Champions League match. Compared to two years ago there are big differences: a solid trainer (Spalletti instead of Rudi Voeller), a compact midfield and three World Champions. It will be a different story tonight. The Ucrainan team is good and dangerous with a lot of good and famous players. But Roma has confirmed to be lead by the right trainer, the right one for a town like Rome. Spalletti has a special behaviour, a kind of psychologist who perfectly understands what and when he has to do something. It has also been his idea to bet again on Ferrari, a player who has never been loved in Rome. I am sure that Luciano Spalletti will win also this bet, transforming Ferrari in a solid defenser. Daniele De Rossi: what a pity he made that mistake against USA in the World Cup. I would have liked you to see how good he is, a complete miedfield player, he defends, organizes the game and also scores beautiful goals (see Roma - Livorno 2-0 for example). I think that Roma will win by one. Line-ups: ROMA - Doni, Tonetto, Chivu, Ferrari, Panucci, Aquilani, De Rossi, Perrotta, Taddei, Mancini, Totti SHAKTHAR - Shutkov, Huebschman, Rat, Lewandowski, Srna, Blumer, Tymoschuk, Matuzalem, Duljaj, Brandao, Marica.

EventPSV Eindhoven - Liverpool FC
SelectionLiverpool FC (-1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date12/09/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 5.70 (Back)
ReasoningLiverpool travel to PSV. PSV have some missing players. Very influental veteran midfield P.Cocu won't play in this match. Also new signing striker P.Kluivert is in bad form and probably will start the game on the bench. Liverpool missing Riise, but they have adequet cover, Fabio Aurelio. Liverpool have very strong squad and after defeat in a derby, I think they will be very aggresive at the both ends of the pitch. With that motivation L'Pool can cover the handicap.

Re: CL matches 12/09 Werder is in no good shape but injured Frings and Borowski return.They were without them in the cup,still it was no 2nd team.Quality was good enough but they were simply bad.Also in league Bremen have not convinced so far.It will be uncertain until rite before kick off if Klose can play.Werder surely should not be underestimated but I don't trust them tonight.On the other side Chelsea to win is a bit short imo. Bayern played a poor 1st half and a better 2nd one at Pauli,when Podolski came for 2nd half Bayern was more dangerous rite away.As a consequence Podolski will probably play for Makaay today.Van Bommel has space to improve but imo he already strengthens the team.Although Bayern are not dominant currently I wouldn't go against them,can be wrong of course. gl all.

Werder is in no good shape but injured Frings and Borowski return.They were without them in the cup,still it was no 2nd team.Quality was good enough but they were simply bad.Also in league Bremen have not convinced so far.It will be uncertain until rite before kick off if Klose can play.Werder surely should not be underestimated but I don't trust them tonight.On the other side Chelsea to win is a bit short imo.
That was good news that Frings and Borowski return to squad. I was thinking of Under 2.75 earlier but couldnt decide mainly due to these important duo into their center midfield. Chelsea have a lot of quality for sure. But, in the premiership they did practice using Michael Ballack, Lampard and Micheal Essien in the midfield. I see some problem if they continue to do this as they lost a lot of pace and power from their wingers. Last season when Chelsea was at the top, they have Jole Cole, Damien Duff and Arjen Robben switching as their wingers playing lone striker system was far effective that what they have now. Again, Lampard and Ballack seems couldnt produce the same power like last season. they completely lost their style on the flanks and that give the opponent easier defending againts center attacking. Even without their official line up, we see that they are short on the left winger, probably Ashley Cole will go forward more on the left and using SWP on the right. But, with this system, they will have to use only 1 striker either Sheva or Drogba. Anyhow, i see they have a lot of problem as they cant dominate the game anymore. Well, if we look at Werder Bremen side, i think with their brazillian attacking midfielder Diego, Frings and Borowski i see them have a bit of chance to hold the ball more. Diego is pretty effective in holding ball in the midfield line. So long, they can hold it for longer time, I see a low scoring game will happen here as Chelsea defensive line is pretty well established. I will go for UNDER 2.75 @ 1.85 (if this odds still exist later) - Medium stake

Re: CL matches 12/09 arneko_fe - a decent post, mate :ok However, let me not agree with you as I have rarely seen Werder "keeping the ball". This is one of the most offensive team around and this style will surely suits Chelsea! The hosts will have much space to use their midfields and passing the balls to Szewczenko - Drogba. Both strikers are in form, Szewa keeps attention of at least 2 defenders every game while Droga uses his strenght so efectively... Chelsea: Cech - Boulahrouz, Ricardo Carvalho, Terry, Ashley Cole - Essien - Ballack, Lampard - Wright-Phillips, Shevchenko, Drogba Werder: Reinke - C. Fritz, Pasanen, Naldo, Womé - Baumann - Frings, Borowski - Diego - Klose(?), Klasnic In my opinion, neither team will defend the draw so we will see an open game which will favor Chelsea. The defence of Werder is not too strong nowadays and with 3rd choice keeper it'd be even more difficult for the visitors. All in all, I am placing a bet on CHELSEA (asian -1) @1.78

Re: CL matches 12/09 It's a treble with Bet Direct for me. Barcelona -1 goal ( 8/15 ) at home to Levski Sofia Barca have started the season very well with four wins and just one defeat to Seville in the Spanish Super Cup. They are the ideal type of team to take with a negative handicap as they are not geared up to defend a lead and will keep going forward until the last minute. Levski are appearing in the CL for the first time and got here thanks to a 4-2 aggregate win over Chievo. They have made an impressive start to their league campaign but they have not yet played a top six side/ Barca are at full strength and should prove much too strong for the Bulgarians. Bayern Munich ( 1/3 ) at home to Spartak Moscow Bayern have lost only six games since this time last year and always raise their game for CL nights at home. They have won two and drawn one in the league and come here able to play their best side. Spartak lie third behind CSKA and Lokomotiv and are looking for their first win in eighteen CL appearances. Russian sides traditionally don't travel well and they have just one win from their last seven away. Bayern should take this with home advantage. Manchester Utd ( 4/11 ) at home to Celtic Utd have started the season well with four wins from four in the league and they have now won fourteen, drawn two and lost only one of their last seventeen competitive games. Wayne Rooney should come in for the suspended Christiano Ronaldo. Celtic have won one, drawn one and lost one of their last three away games and have not been overly impressive in these game. This is a step up for them and their inexperienced defence at this level will come under intense scrutiny. Utd's experience of these games should stand them in good stead.