** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL matches 12/09

Tulenos

Tuesday 12 September 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Barcelona v Levski Sofia (19:45 BST)1.146.6020.00108% Related markets...Match Result
Bayern München v Spartak Moscow (19:45 BST)1.443.606.60113% Related markets...Match Result
Chelsea v Werder Bremen (19:45 BST)1.514.005.50110% Related markets...Match Result
Galatasaray v Bordeaux (19:45 BST)2.223.102.64116% Related markets...Match Result
Olympiakos v Valencia (19:45 BST)2.703.202.30112% Related markets...Match Result
PSV v Liverpool (19:45 BST)2.403.102.20120% Related markets...Match Result
Roma v Shaktar (19:45 BST)1.513.505.50113% Related markets...Match Result
Sporting Lisbon v Inter Milan (19:45 BST)2.263.202.40118% Related markets...Match Result

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL matches 12/09 First looks, Barca with a handicap should be fairly safe Chelsea havent impressed me at all so far this season and their defence isn't nearly as solid as last time round, Bremen can score goals so overs might be a good look here Munich haven't really been blazing the Bundesliga alight, Spartak might be tougher than the 6.00 suggests Valencia ought to be able to overcome Olympiakos,but a draw is very much possible, Valencia don't play great away from home if my memory serves me I think PSV will be a stern test for Livepool who have been unconvincing so far. PSV will score i think , poss score draw or home win? Shakhtar may be of value, i dont think Roma have the most solid team but could be hard to call this one Sporting wont be an easy place to go to but i'd expect Inter with the squad they have to score a couple and take the 3 points home

Re: CL matches 12/09

PSV are up to 2.83 now. Can't understand why such a usually strong home side has such high odds.
PSV are far from last season's team, no Hiddink, no Vennegoor, no Ooijer, no Park. They also have a pretty inept coach too but Liverpool's team is not so good lately and maybe a draw here if anything. Not much value eslewhere IMO. Maybe Wednesday is better option and certainly i'll be looking at these games more closely.

First looks, Barca with a handicap should be fairly safe Chelsea havent impressed me at all so far this season and their defence isn't nearly as solid as last time round, Bremen can score goals so overs might be a good look here Munich haven't really been blazing the Bundesliga alight, Spartak might be tougher than the 6.00 suggests Valencia ought to be able to overcome Olympiakos, i dont think the Greeks are all that brilliant, Hearts were on a par until they got men sent off I think PSV will be a stern test for Livepool who have been unconvincing so far. PSV will score i think , poss score draw or home win? Shakhtar may be of value, i dont think Roma have the most solid team but could be hard to call this one Sporting wont be an easy place to go to but i'd expect Inter with the squad they have to score a couple and take the 3 points home
Not so important,just to point that was Aek Athens not Olympiakos in the game with Hearts (if I'm right!)....

The Chelsea v Bremen game should be interesting - Chelseas unbreachable defence vs The unstoppable force that is Bremen's attack! - Possible value in Bremen perhaps?
Chelsea's defence is a shadow of what it was a few years back. Cant work out why though with the amount of quality in it. They just seem to leak goals lately. I dont know much about Bremen, but what i do know is that they are an attacking team. I rate them a chance to beat Chelsea here, although Chelsea rarely lose at Stamford Bridge, thats why Bremens odds are so high. Perhaps a 1-1 draw or the likes?

Galatasaray - Bordeaux
Galatasaray defense is really shame... They conceed goal every match except Kayserispor.. i wonder that How Galatasar will try to stop "Darcheville" ? There are no defender who enough speed and streght at Galatasaray to defend "Darcheville" ... Central defender Tomas is atomic bomb...He makes many mistake all match... Turkish teams defence is not good enough to challenge at Europe against good team... it is sure that Bordeaux will score.. Pick: Bordeaux to score Odd: 1.45 Confidence: 9/10

Galatasaray - Bordeaux
Galatasaray defense is really shame... They conceed goal every match except Kayserispor.. i wonder that How Galatasar will try to stop "Darcheville" ? There are no defender who enough speed and streght at Galatasaray to defend "Darcheville" ... Central defender Tomas is atomic bomb...He makes many mistake all match... Turkish teams defence is not good enough to challenge at Europe against good team... it is sure that Bordeaux will score.. Pick: Bordeaux to score Odd: 1.45 Confidence: 9/10
Why ain't the stake 10/10 if it's a sure thing then?:unsure:loon

lay Roma HT is my choice for this one match though as 8.0 is being offered on Shakhtar HT I may back that! it's early in Italy and Shakhtar are a very good side -IMO!
Hi guys, Do not underestimate Roma, they have a formidable attack with Totti, Mancini etc When Mancini is in the mood he is absolutely brilliant. Roma where 3-0 in front with Inter in the super cup (then lost 4-3), but that says a lot on their attacking guile. Last sunday they also won easily and looked sharp and kept a clean sheet. For me it will be an easy win for them but the odds are too short. I really don't know what I am betting on as the only results I believe in are too short. I'll wait for the live televised games to start (in my country its galatasaryvbordeaux and liverpool) and decide what to bet on

Re: CL matches 12/09 (Bwin Odds, short explanations) B. Munich - Spartak Moskow -> HOME win @ 1.35 I think Bayern will win, their attitude will be different, it's a CL game! Roma - Donetsk -> HOME win @ 1.4 they are italian and they have very good strikers! with more or less pain, they will nail it, I think! Chelsea - W. Bremen -> Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.75 I am almost sure Bremen will score, and chelsea playing at home will do too! Very very good game ;) Sporting - Inter -> Over 2.5 goals @ 2.0 Sporting were not as good as I expected against Nacional, but still they won, and I think their minds were already on Inter! It will be a tough game I think, though I know Inter have a star team, Sporting have very good players and play well as a team, Inter will surely score, they attack is far superior to Sporting defense, but Sporting, playing home... will score too! ;) So over 2.5 and both teams to score if you want to! ;) Barça - Levski -> HOME Handicap (-1) Win @ 1.38 Barça will win, and by more than 2 goals, maybe 3;) wouldn't hurt to try -2 @ 1.95 ;) don't have any pick for the other games ... so I will go for five bets, 4 folds with every combination possible ;) or maybe all double combinations possible :) will decide until tomorrow!

Re: CL matches 12/09 Short comments on my bets and wednesdays games Roma vs Shaktar Roma are the better team and undoubtable favourites at home but since bookmakers know that 90% will put their money on Roma you only get poor prizes on the home win.Shaktar is not topå internationa level yet but avery good side and should have close to 20% in this game. Several bookmakers offer 2.0 @ Shaktar +1 wich i`ll take with 5/10 Chelsea vs Wreder Bremen Blues still without Joe Cole and(?) Arjen robben.Klose is rated as doubtful while Goalie Wiese misses out for the germans.Chelsea clear favourites but if Bremen defence have a good day i think that germans could snatch a draw in London.Pinnacles offer Bremen +1 @ 2.21 wich is worth a smal stake 2/10 Barcelona vs Levski I won`t at least odds 50 to put my money on Levski.Highest aveilable are odds 30.Just watch and enjoy the game Bayern munchen vs Spartak Bayern unbeaten after three games in bunderliga but still haven`t been to impressingly displays from them so far.They come from russia with love but without the suspended and importnant midf Kalinichenko.Bayern favourites at home but Spartak are no walk overs and i think they can cause some problems for the german side tonight.My bet is Spartak +1 @ 2.23 10bet 4/10 Galatasaray vs Bordeaux Ak,Seyhan and Perbe are all out due to injuries for the tyrkish side while fans favourite Sukur is nor fit for fight.Smicer and Meagazzo are injured while Mavuba are suspended for the french side.Open as odds indicate.Could be a cracker so just enjoy and watch the game on telly Olympiakos vs Valencia The greek welcome back Rivaldo from injury wich means that coach Sollied have a fully fit squad to choose from.The spanish must do without the injured trio Albelda,Del Horno and Baraja while Joaquin is suspended.Open as odds indicate and best bet is a no bet Psv vs Liverpool Experieced midf cocu is suspended while Kluivert might be fit for a start on the bench.Riise out for the english giants.Yet again a game to stay away from and for the fans see watch and enjoy Sporting vs Inter No injury or suspension worries for the portuguese.Cruz,Cambiasso,Burdisso and recoba all out injured for the italians while materazzi is doubtful.Sporting are a tough task for most team at alvelade.Still Internationale looks very strong this year and i think they will be to strong for the portuguese tonight. Inter @ 0,-0.5 1.83 pinnacle 6/10

Re: CL matches 12/09 Chelsea - Werder I bet Chelsea Ah-1. I dont see Chelsea to lost this game and maybe than Klose for Werder dont go to begin this match. Bayern - Spartak Spartak is the less strong team in this group, Bayern at home have to win tonight. I'm sure they will take this match very seriously.

Re: CL matches 12/09 Nice odds: Olympiakos PSV Sporting 3 home teams facing "better teams"... Liverpool is playing like shit let's face it. Valencia away is not something to be proud of. Inter just opened Seira A and I guese they're not fit. Home teams should get at least a draw so 1X..

Re: CL matches 12/09 From UEFA site: Galatasaray are playing their home Group C matches at the Atatürk Olimpiyat Stadium rather than their own Ali Sami Yen due to the availability of an additional 56,000 seats. Not exactly a neutral ground, is it? ;) Just a bigger stadium in the same city.

Re: CL matches 12/09 I've not enough time to write a decent preview, but you should all be aware of the big difference in class between Barca and Levski. Barca should win this one but do not underestimate Levski - they are in great form and full of confidence. They have nothing to lose, they gathered experince in the later stages of UEFA Cup last year and I am sure that they will not choke at Camp Nou. Still Barca should be too strong and win by 2 or 3 goals - feel free to take home win if you like very short odds. Best value for me lies in Levski to score. "Barca not to keep a clean sheet" is available at Betfair at 2.5 (very poor liquidity though). The home record of Barca in the group stage of CL last season: 3:1 against Werder, 5:0 against Panathinaikos, 4:1 against Udinese (the same team that Levski put out of UEFA Cup later that season). So Barca kept one clean sheet in 3 matches last year, Levski has a decent creative attack so I would say that they have around 40% chance to score. Last season in UEFA Cup Levski failed to score only in one away match (against Udinese 0:0) but scored away against Artmedia, Heerenveen, CSKA Moscow, Auxerre and Schalke. And Levski looks stronger right now. Over 2.5 goals is also very probable - odds around 1.5 are low but still provide some value. Correct scores 3:1, 4:1 and perhaps 5:1 might also be played with low stakes.

Here are mine suppositions: Barcelona - Levski 1 , CS : 3-1 Bayern - Spartak X , CS : 1-1 Chelsea - Werder 1 , CS : 3-0 Galatasaray - Bordeaux X , CS : 2-2 Olympiakos - Valencia 1 , 2-1 PSV - Liverpool 1 , 1-0 Roma - Shaktar X , 1-1 Sporting - Inter 2 , 1-2
:welcometo the PL vehementer! :ok most think that Werder will score and Roma will beat Shakhtar - :hope good luck with your picks!

Re: CL matches 12/09 Shakhtar have a miserable record against Italian sides - [the 1-1 v Inter in Italy was enough to see the italians through last year!] But I caution against underestimating the ukranians! they're there on merit and were more than enough for a shell shocked Stuttgart and Rennes in last years UEFAcup - winning both games away from home! If Roma go for the win straight from the kick-off then maybe I'm wrong to suggest laying them at HT! But I expect a tight conservative first half from Roma in the best traditions of italian footy! good luck all!

Re: CL matches 12/09 Galatasaray - Bordeaux go to miss the two MDC for Bordeaux Mavuba is suspended Fernandao is wounded Galatasaray dont begin well is championship and they take only 7 points on 15 possible and go to miss for them: the two DGC Orhan and Ergün Penbe, one DC Seyhan and the forward Sukür No bet for me.