** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Winner 2006/7

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 Guys,you might like to learn that betinternet.com feeling a bit generous this Xmas. They'll refund all losing bets(up to £10) on outright market,on the Champions League,providing it is placed before New Years Day. Surely worth a go? I've done my tenner on Lyon at 15/2. Got nothing to lose,but possible £75 to win?! http://www.betinternet.com/en/Sports.bet

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 Just had 5pts on Arsenal @ 15. They play the best football in England & on their day can destroy teams. Despite slipping up on their travels when they've played battling teams, when they've come up against other more footballing teams they've shone through (Wins at Old Trafford & Anfield & draw at Stamford Bridge). What's more they won't come up against any team in the champions league that will give them a more physical game than the premiership teams. Arguably Europe suits Arsenal better, as they are given more time to play, and with them long out of the Premiership they will be able to focus mainly on the champions league. Finally, Henry has had a nice rest mid-season, so he should be raring to go for the second half of the season.

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7

Just had 5pts on Arsenal @ 15. They play the best football in England & on their day can destroy teams. Despite slipping up on their travels when they've played battling teams, when they've come up against other more footballing teams they've shone through (Wins at Old Trafford & Anfield & draw at Stamford Bridge). What's more they won't come up against any team in the champions league that will give them a more physical game than the premiership teams. Arguably Europe suits Arsenal better, as they are given more time to play, and with them long out of the Premiership they will be able to focus mainly on the champions league. Finally, Henry has had a nice rest mid-season, so he should be raring to go for the second half of the season.
have to agree with just about every word of this - arsenal on song are the most entertaining team in europe ( fk what theyd do for vierra in the centre to toughen up a bit ) they will get kicked off the park at bolton, shef utd etc.. which they dont like, but as the above post suggests, if its down to how the game should be played they are a joy to watch for the spectator. a bit of beef in the centre of the park and a top-drawer goalkeeper would make this team one of the best in europe IMO.

a bit of beef in the centre of the park and a top-drawer goalkeeper would make this team one of the best in europe IMO.
Abou Diaby made his return tonight and based on what I saw of him last season, he could be the "beef" in the middle of the park that we have sorely missed since Vieiras departure. As for needing a top drawer goalkeeper, I think Lehmann is one.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventChampions league Outright
SelectionInter Milan
Strength3/10
Date23/05/2007
Bookmaker/Price>BetFred @ 15.00 (Back)
ReasoningNo value in the market leaders here. Whilst Barca and Chelsea are worthy favourties, this is a knockout competition where the best team in Europe wont necessarily win. The eyecatcher for me is Inter Milan, leaders of Serie A and quality throughout the side. They should negotiate Valencia in the next round easily enough which will lead them into the last 8. 14/1 seems big to me.

Abou Diaby made his return tonight and based on what I saw of him last season' date=' he could be the "beef" in the middle of the park that we have sorely missed since Vieiras departure. As for needing a top drawer goalkeeper, I think Lehmann is one.[/quote'] looking from the outside in, Id say lehman is more than adequate as opposed to top drawer - to be at the top of european football requires more than lehman - this is just my observation without being an ardent fan like yourself - id just like to see an end success for a football team that plays the way it should when on song.

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 I think all us europeans can say a quality final match up would be between Barcelona vs. Chelsea. Both teams seem to be strugglin lately in there respective leagues. But still with a month away before the knock-out round begins, both of these teams should have there injured players back in form. (Terry, Chec, Eto'o, Messi) Its going to be interesting to see who finishes on top. Im still with my favorite Barcelona to win. But Lyon looks strong and in form. And Inter Milan has a good chance on making a run as well! :loon

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 Call me crazy but I beleave Celtic has a chance to beat AC Milan. And advance to the next round. If Celtic's form is good on gameday. The odds are great.

UEFA Champions League 2006/07 - AC Milan vs Celtic
AC Milan1.28
Celtic3.50
This of course is to win the 2 game series. From Bet365 :loon And for those who beleave Inter has a good chance of winning the Champions League the odds are nice on Bet365 @10.00

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 Celtic - AC Milan I also have a feeling that Celtic could go through. Especially if they snatch a win in 1st leg at home. What I think is not impossible... Milan haven't convinced me so far this season and Celtic in front of home crowd can be tough opponent for them. It's early but I'm thinking about:

How will qualification occur (2 legs)?
Team 1 to win leg 1 and qualify @ 4.60
At bwin. Have fun! :hope

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 I'm looking to stick a big wad on a team, with the hope of trading out if the reach the final. As the final could go either way on the night, I'm more concerned with trying to find which team will make it to the final.... The three English teams are the favourites with either Chelsea or Liverpool likely to get to the final in my opinion. I know it's dangerous, but I'm discounting Valencia due to their lack of away goals all season. The other half of the draw is harder to call. Roma are in with a big chance. Man U are really the only team in this half who have other things to play for and this may count against them. Bayern, Milan and Roma are all out of their respective title races and I feel one of these will be too strong for Man U. Although Chelsea are favourites and offer only odds of 4.3 I will probably take these as my choice to get to the final and hopefully win it. I think Robben and Shevchenko are coming into a bit of form, and with the solid spine of Mourinho, Cech, Terry, Lampard and Drogba I can see them getting by Valencia, Liverpool and PSV. I am open to debate and will wait another week before placing my bet so please discuss!

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 Roma @11.00 seem to be the best value at the moment. I think they have a great chance to beat ManU, if Totti and Mancini are on top of their games the Giallorossi will be very tough. If Roma win and play Milan they have already beaten Milan twice this season, and I would feel confident if Roma was playing Bayern as well.

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 Nice one Rob. After thinking about it for the last day or two I think I will be dodging the Chelsea bet. They'll play their home legs first in the QF and SF if they get there, which may be crucial disadvantage in a competition that looks so tight. Morientes will be missing for Valencia as he has just picked up a knock, but I still think they are a huge danger to Chelsea. I may dodge this market altogether

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 My pick is Roma as well, Just cant see a player such as Totti not winning this title in his career and this is probably his best chance. Man U are fav's for many people but Roma is better in every department IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 Just read through all of this thread and pretty much all the top 10 teams have been tipped / fancied along the way. This really tells me that the Champs League is now similar to the FA Cup in that the same batch of 5-6 teams are gonna be in the fianl every year bar the odds shock finalist. For my two'peneth I think it will be a repeat final.. Liverpool vs AC Milan Anyone know how to bet on the two finalist? Can I do a double on the next round on those two teams?? Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 Good call on the final teams. As for the final itself I can't see Milan with almost the exact same lineup as the final in Istanbul not to beat Liverpool. If there has ever been a revenge match this is it, Liverpool to their credit fought back hard in that final but they had no business winning that game, Milan owned them for all but 15 minutes and L'pool scored on their only 3 chances of the game, not to mention Gerrard dove to get a penalty.

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 I don't think Jose thought he could lose either, revenge and all that eh? :lol It will be close for two reasons, 1. Liverpool are a much better side now than in 2005, in 2005 there was no, Reina, Agger, Mascherano, Sissoko, Pennant (my god, remember Nunez :$ ), Kuyt and Crouch. And, 2. Milan are worse now than in 2005, forget the San Siro game, the Mancs didn't turn up, let Kaka run riot (Carrick is no replacement for Keane), had a half fit Vidic playing and Fletcher in midfield ffs. Milan's team is creaking with another 2 years of age and anyone who's watched them in Serie A this season won't have been overly impressed.

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 Even as a pool fan it is impossible to say that AC are not Favs 4 this match... but in saying this I wouldn't discount them... they have a chance primarily by keeping tight and sneeking through or by getting a draw and taking it out in more even circumstances... I know that I will be staying away from 1x2 betting myself and will most likely dabble in Goal scorers 4 the game... its just to hard 2 pick... as a pool fan I'm just really happy that Ronaldo is cup tied... It is really AC's only deficiency as the men upfront really havnt been doing there job... It has really been all Kaka and Seedorf... Early on I just feel Agger will have problems in up against these two and may be the 1 that cost pool the match... but It could also be Gerrard 2 step up again and save them... for Liverppol to have a chance Gerrard will have 2 do something special, I'm not saying anything like 2 years ago in Istanbul (Horrible spelling) but really he just needs to play a more active and influential role up front... I personally would prefer their Barca setup... Bellamy and Kuyt with Gerrard roaming in behind but it is also hard 2 deny Crouch a spot as before last leg he really has done a spectacular job this CL season... thats enough ranting 4 now more closer to matchday.... :tongue2

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Champions League Winner 2006/7 Milan when they play, whether their winning/losing aound the 60 minute mark in most games will hit a 'flat spot' i've noticed, probably age catching up with a few of them, they're not the youngest squad of players. come on Liverpool!!!!