** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

HU tourney - rule clarification please - URGENT

robilaruk

apologies for posting this here rather than the main thread but I didn't want it getting lost in the 100's of other posts what is the ruling if you are in the HU match and the other player gets disconnected? are we playing to win? or are we supposed to give the player a chance to reconnect? and if we are giving them a chance how long do they get? I think its important and needs sorting because i don't want to fall out with anyone if they get disconn'd and I raise every hand to take their blinds thanks Damo

Re: HU tourney - rule clarification please - URGENT Needs discussing :ok My view (NOT THE RULE) is that it should probably be every person for themselves - if your opponent is disconnected then take advantage!!! I'm not sure how it can be legislated for and rules enforced...... so easier to just say - everyone give it their best shot - then at least it's a level playing field!!! Depending on when it happens, the tournament is deep stacked enough that it wont have a significant impact anyway........

Re: HU tourney - rule clarification please - URGENT No I wouldn't wait for anyone PL'er or not in a normal game - as this is a 'special' I just wanted to get an 'official' ruling first though - as it might piss people off for me - if i am diconn'd feel free to take my blinds as fast as you can:lol Damo ps. being a twat I waited for a micro stack once at the end of an $5 STT (I had something like an 8-1 chip lead) when he got diconn'd - just calling his BB and checking it down - by the time he got back he had 3BB left - and shoved (naturally) and doubled up - he then went on to win the game - lesson learnt I vowed never to do that again

As far as i'm concerened playing to win. Would you wait for a non pler?

Re: HU tourney - rule clarification please - URGENT

shall we have deadline for when first round needs to be played?
I think the deadline is a week (though a little bit of flexibility will be possible by prior arrangement......)

Re: HU tourney - rule clarification please - URGENT Damo seems to have been the one who's had most problems getting disconnected from Betfred, so if he's happy with an "anything goes" rule, that's good enough for me. Even with the deep blind structure, you can "steal" chips pretty fast if your opponent is disconnected. When he's small blind, he gets folded immediately, so if you click on "raise" whenever you're small blind, you'll get through about a hand a second. To be honest, I think the only sensible alternative would be to say the other player is expected to let the clock almost run down before raising, to give the disconnected player a chance to reconnect. But I'll go along with whatever's agreed. Also, what if Betfred crashes, or both players get disconnected and can't resume? I think somebody mentioned this happened in a practice game today. Replay, and it's just tough luck on whoever was winning at the time?

Re: HU tourney - rule clarification please - URGENT err that was also me - I was playing when it just booted me out for no apparent reason hence my question - I don't mind as long as I know the rules beforehand I have had a lot of games freezing on me with betfred so I get folded and loose my blinds - dunno whether its just my wireless connection or not? anyhoo am sure it will be fine tonight:ok Ta Damo

Damo seems to have been the one who's had most problems getting disconnected from Betfred, so if he's happy with an "anything goes" rule, that's good enough for me. Also, what if Betfred crashes, or both players get disconnected and can't resume? I think somebody mentioned this happened in a practice game today. Replay, and it's just tough luck on whoever was winning at the time?

Re: HU tourney - rule clarification please - URGENT I am getting disconnected a lot lately, my computer turns itself off for some reason and cannot be turned on until I disconnect the electric supply for a minute or two. Very annoying when I am on or close to a final table but have accepted it and will not play any buy in tournaments until I get a new computer. If it happens in the heads up I am quite happy to lose the blinds as it is no fault of the other player.

Mate I think it could be overheating. P-L's PC had a similar problem which has seemed to have been cured by giving the insides a spring clean... paying particular attention to the fans. :ok
You could well be right, the problem is if I open up any machine and mess about with the insides I seem to find myself with some spare pieces when I close it again :\

Re: HU tourney - rule clarification please - URGENT :rollin :rollin :rollin I understand mate, but its not too difficult, I promise. I'll move these posts to 'Tech and Gaming soon, as I think I saw a thread there on this subject recently, and maybe someone will have provided a 'How To' guide.

I am getting disconnected a lot lately, my computer turns itself off for some reason and cannot be turned on until I disconnect the electric supply for a minute or two. Very annoying when I am on or close to a final table but have accepted it and will not play any buy in tournaments until I get a new computer. If it happens in the heads up I am quite happy to lose the blinds as it is no fault of the other player.
Hedonist, If you're disconnected against me I WILL NOT be stealing the blinds. Each person to their own but in a tournament that is sponsored by the generosity of one of our members, well I just don't think that would be the correct way to play! Our game will be won fair and square - see you at 9:30pm Tuesday! TQM