** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

AK verus a flop shove - help

robilaruk

AK verus a flop shove - help  

1. 1.

• Call he is a goose
    • Fold he is a gnats knacker

loose table have no idea what villian has - call or fold? pumper31 is at seat 1 with 1820.00 XaviDG is at seat 2 with 2110.00 LizziePL is at seat 3 with 1980.00 maurone78 is at seat 5 with 1440.00 pumper31 posts the large blind 100.00 maurone78 posts the small blind 50.00 maurone78: --, -- pumper31: --, -- XaviDG: --, -- LizziePL: Ac, Ks Pre-flop: XaviDG: Fold LizziePL: Raise 400.00 maurone78: Call 400.00 pumper31: Fold Flop (Board: 6h, 5d, 5s): maurone78: All in

Re: AK verus a flop shove - help With no read on Villain, IMO have to fold............. You'll have better spots .... What could he have that you are beating? Ax and that's about it ...... He may have and overpair or A6 or A5 and I view that as more likely than something you're beating....... He doesn't want a call - doesn't want to risk being outdrawn - so I'd guess 77 or 88 or something like that (or a complete bluff :nana but without having seen him do that before, you have to respect.....)

Re: AK verus a flop shove - help GaF is right, an all-in doesn't *really* want a call. So.. 67/78,77-99. Or, two broadway and he's stop'n'go-ing. I think you're probably coin flipping for this most of the time, and I rarely like calling off my stack knowing this, or not really knowing where I am. I'd have to fold this, but wouldn't feel good about it.

Re: AK verus a flop shove - help oh yes - the whole table has been very goosey (apart from me that is) thats why I have no read what-so-ever! the other 4 have limped call every hand since the first even to 3/4XBB raises (I raised 4XBB 1st hand UTG with AK and they all called, K flop, bet out pot and 4 folds) and it had been like that pretty much all the way. Damo ps why would I be on tilt? - are you saying its a tilt to call?

Can't see much argument for calling really unless the villian has been really loose all night' date=' or you are on tilt.[/quote']

Re: AK verus a flop shove - help Generally, if I've called a big raise or raised the pot and the flop brings low cards I tend to put in a big raise regardless of whether I hit (probably why I tend to lose more then I win). My theory is it puts doubt into my oppenents mind that I've got a big pair or a 5. Obviously this guy has gone all but having raised the flop it's probably the same play I'd have made. (If this is a dreadful tactic then please let me know) I find AK really hard to put down. According to one of the experts on the poker channel everyone thinks AK is an unlucky hand as it's often a hand you got out with.