** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

5 player game and bubble time at Level 4

robilaruk

so how to play shove? raise to 1k? raise to 600? limp call? the table have been loose'ish (as you can tell by the limp in from UTG) just wondering what folks think Thanks Damo pumper31 is at seat 1 with 1420.00 XaviDG is at seat 2 with 2360.00 LizziePL is at seat 3 with 1930.00 maurone78 is at seat 5 with 1490.00 pumper31 posts the large blind 200.00 maurone78 posts the small blind 100.00 maurone78: --, -- pumper31: --, -- XaviDG: --, -- LizziePL: Ad, 10d Pre-flop: XaviDG: Call 200.00

Re: 5 player game and bubble time at Level 4 Recently I've been abiding by HOH rules of pushing at ~10xBB. I find I end up going out a lot earlier than normal, since I push with more marginal hands and end up either getting coin flipped out or sucked out. So.. I'd be inclined not to push this, but would definitely raise. Of course, a pot sized raise leaves you committed if called, which further strengthens Dan's argument for pushing in the first place. I reckon Xavi is limping because he's chip lead, and hoping to get in cheap because no-one will want to tangle with him. If you raise, shorties are most likely to fold marginal holdings because a) they don't want to go out, and b) you might get taken out by Xavi. Xavi will be unlikely to want to risk his chip position, so should also fold marginal holdings. If he calls, I'd put him on either a small-middling pair, or any two broadway. If the shorties go all in, you may be compelled to call. If CL goes all in.. then you can probably lay it (as long as you think he's capable of limp-raising with a large pair). Edit: I forgot - raise to 700.

Re: 5 player game and bubble time at Level 4 call either of them, you're getting odds of, 690/2390 or 28%. ignoring AA against AKs you're 27% to win(see below) against TT you're 33%, similar for QQ and KK. PLAYER CARDS % Win % Loss % Draw __________________________________________________________ User AS 10S 27.148% 67.335% 5.517% 1 AH KH 67.335% 27.148% 5.517%

Re: 5 player game and bubble time at Level 4 At 3.5-1 you can call almost anything blind. I'm sure a read of the shorties would help here though.. is he pushing all pairs? Any two broadway? Ace high? Probably a call since you're effectively pot committed, have great odds, and folding would leave you with 5xBB - bleh. This is why I don't like AT so much.. you could well be up against AJ+, in which case you're boned (Yeah yeah I know the odds are still there..). On a tight table you could raise less and get away with folding, but the looseness means you either fold preflop, or you're all in if someone else has half a hand. Most of the time, I'd say call. You could be up against a wide range of broadways, and most pairs. In the long run, you probably can't pass up the 3.5-1.

Re: 5 player game and bubble time at Level 4

i'd put in a healty raise, if they've been loose, i'd raise to 800, but i'd still be willing to fold if he raised me all in. 1130 chips left is still enough hands to find something worth shoving.
100% agree

Re: 5 player game and bubble time at Level 4 Damo, I thought 5 player games paid out top 2? How I'd see this is; If You Fold; Cons You will be handing the chip lead to either maurone or pumper. You will be short-stacked and become the table whipping boy. You will be looking to shove with any 2 (probably worse) cards for the next few hands at least. Pros You won't be out and live to fight another day. If You Call; Cons You could be behind to any range of hands, the worst one obviously the ones that almost kill your kicker - ie AJ and above and JJ and above. You could be knocked out. Pros You could easily be up against a weaker A or somthing like KQ - if neither fail to improve you dble up. You could double up and become a healthy chip leader as the money positions start. For me this is an easy call. :ok

Re: 5 player game and bubble time at Level 4 I've just seen you AK thread, and I have to say that if it is Maurone that pushed (again) I would be calling in an instant. He has pushed you around once, and thinks he can do it again. I'd see this as his 'tactic' and his way of accumulationg chips without risk.

Re: 5 player game and bubble time at Level 4 and that the problem with raising for 40% of your stack - when two folks shove you have no idea what you should be doing at this point. if you had KK 1st hand of a tourney and raise to 600 chips (out of 1500) and some one shoves are you folding? real sod of a position :) Damo

I think you have the odds to push, but situationally speaking I'm leaning towards folding..... :unsure I give up. :wall :unsure

Re: 5 player game and bubble time at Level 4 serious question - people have suggested a raise to 800 chips (about 40% of my stack) in this case - so I am asking what I should do? am I folding after raising for 40% of my stack and facing two shoves on a short table with A10s? The KK is the same scenario and I bet I know what most people would say - I am trying to figure out if the blinds/chips/position/table makes a difference hope this explains it better Damo

" if you had KK 1st hand of a tourney and raise to 600 chips (out of 1500) and some one shoves are you folding?" Ah, the age old question. Similar to "If a tree falls in the middle of the forest..." :)