Announcements
** March Poker League Result : 1st rosco, 2nd muttley, 3rd Like2Fish **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st Marek76, 2nd 1945harry, 3rd Budgie 65, 4th dj.orange, 5th Procalc **
** March Naps Competition Result: 1st Craig bluenose, 2nd rolandcooper, 3rd Gary66. KO Cup Winner Carole-Dawney. Most Winners Johnrobertson **

Tikay tourny

robilaruk

Re: Tikay tourny Cheers Damo Just an ill timed bluff, i had him on AK, AQ or small pair after calling my 12k raise, so i thought, two over cards, even if he has it i have a chance......wasnt to be, but another $308 to my 8 day total of $1900 is beyond my wildest expectations....chuffed to bits again Thanks for the support all, and well done all on the final table

Re: Tikay tourny Yeah, Well played Morls. I enjoyed that tonight. Have to say I have never seen anyone get dealt so many nice hands! You seemed to have AK, AQ, JJ small pairs every other hand. I was very jealous sat nursing my 63, 74, 92 hands. I can't complain as I had KK twice at just the right time to keep me in the game.

Re: Tikay tourny I think I only made the final table because of Jaded's tactics on the bubble! :lol If it hadn't been for him raising with absolutely anything then it would probably have been me who missed out. I had been seeing rags most of the game and good hands were few and far between. Thankfully, when they did come they paid off more often than not. 4th time I've played this tourney... 3rd time in the money! :nana Commiserations (spell check??!) to Jaded! :clap

Re: Tikay tourny Thought there was a fair chance of things backfiring and you getting through, Brael, but the alternative was to play it safe and end up shortstacked on the final table (damn my overaggressive nature!!) Well played everyone in the top 10 :)

Re: Tikay tourny having watched the HU battle I found it really interesting to watch you two play and wanted to make a few comments. these are just observations from someone not directly involved, use or abuse as you wish, these are not criticisms of your playing style as we all play differently but hopefully something might strike a chord and be of some use to you:ok . the villian min raised a lot at 1500/3000 level and you folded quite a few hands on your BB to this tactic. I can understand this the first time (smacks of a premium PP etc), but after 4 or 5 he is just buying your BB. The times when you did call you missed the opportunity to bet the flop (regardless of your cards) - most flops miss hands, so if the flop is complete rags or you have some sort odd draw (or even bottom pair) then prolly worth a pop with a 1/3 - 1/2 pot bet (defo worth at least a 1/2 pot with any pair on a flop) You folded quite a few on your SB as well - personally I at least call the SB and mix a few raises in as well (even with shite) just to keep the BB guessing. You didn't seem to raise much on the SB from what I remember and this gave the momentum to the villian I think re the KQ - he min raised again and you reraised to 18K, its another 12K to win 24K so 2:1 are good odds to call with with any 2 cards (over cards to undercards is around a 2-1 fav) - for me this was the hand to put in a really good raise, to 30K at least (even a shove would be fine) just to say to him "STOP stealing my BB with min raises, I have had enough" - I can't fault the shove on the flop at all its the perfect move with 36K in the pot (about half you stack), its just a shame it didn't work out, and its the hand that cost you 1st place - though extremely well done for 2nd and a nice few hundred $$$$ as well :) After that with 10/12K left, I would be shoving every hand to get back at the 8-1 or so chip lead - until i had something like 10-12 blinds again these are just things I observed - we all know how tough it is HU after slogging your way through a MTT field, so congratulations on that, its not easy at all to get there!! - very well done!:clap :clap :clap (its extremely tough if your cards dry up and Q4 suited looks like a monster etc!) Damo

Cheers Damo Just an ill timed bluff, i had him on AK, AQ or small pair after calling my 12k raise, so i thought, two over cards, even if he has it i have a chance......wasnt to be, but another $308 to my 8 day total of $1900 is beyond my wildest expectations....chuffed to bits again Thanks for the support all, and well done all on the final table

Re: Tikay tourny

having watched the HU battle I found it really interesting to watch you two play and wanted to make a few comments.
No probs mate, im happy to take advice and criticism if its warranted, so thanks for taking the time to do this.
the villian min raised a lot at 1500/3000 level and you folded quite a few hands on your BB to this tactic. I can understand this the first time (smacks of a premium PP etc), but after 4 or 5 he is just buying your BB. The times when you did call you missed the opportunity to bet the flop (regardless of your cards) - most flops miss hands, so if the flop is complete rags or you have some sort odd draw (or even bottom pair) then prolly worth a pop with a 1/3 - 1/2 pot bet (defo worth at least a 1/2 pot with any pair on a flop)
For around 12-15 hands i never got cards over 8, majority of my hands were 73, 72 82, 83, 84, etc, even with pot odds, and knowing he was stealing, i couldnt call, just wasnt right.
You folded quite a few on your SB as well - personally I at least call the SB and mix a few raises in as well (even with shite) just to keep the BB guessing. You didn't seem to raise much on the SB from what I remember and this gave the momentum to the villian I think
see above
re the KQ - he min raised again and you reraised to 18K, its another 12K to win 24K so 2:1 are good odds to call with with any 2 cards (over cards to undercards is around a 2-1 fav) - for me this was the hand to put in a really good raise, to 30K at least (even a shove would be fine) just to say to him "STOP stealing my BB with min raises, I have had enough" - I can't fault the shove on the flop at all its the perfect move with 36K in the pot (about half you stack), its just a shame it didn't work out, and its the hand that cost you 1st place - though extremely well done for 2nd and a nice few hundred $$$$ as well :)
I had considered pushing but as i had just regained the chip lead at the time, and was coming back into some decent starting cards, i decided to make a raise i would like him to call, if i pushed, he would have folded no problem, and id have won 3k, which lets face it, with premium hamds, you need to make more than that. I pushed on the flop, praying he had missed and that even if he called, i had 2 overcards on the flop and 12k more incase i lost....just unlucky that he had it his Jack
After that with 10/12K left, I would be shoving every hand to get back at the 8-1 or so chip lead - until i had something like 10-12 blinds again
the very next hand i received AK and doubled up when i hit two pair so couldnt have wished for a better hand after the loss of most of my chips. then he slow played his aces, into my Q6 where i hit top pair on the flop, pushed and the rest is history as we know
these are just things I observed - we all know how tough it is HU after slogging your way through a MTT field, so congratulations on that, its not easy at all to get there!! - very well done!:clap :clap :clap (its extremely tough if your cards dry up and Q4 suited looks like a monster etc!) Damo
Again, thanks for takin the time to do this and i know ill learn the more HU i get into, and thanks for the support too Morls ps....it was rickman i playing heads up too....not villain...

. For around 12-15 hands i never got cards over 8, majority of my hands were 73, 72 82, 83, 84, etc, even with pot odds, and knowing he was stealing, i couldnt call, just wasnt right. How so? you are getting 3:1 for your money and your hands aren't 3:1 dogs - as I said the 1st or 2nd time I let my BB go, but then I am calling with any 2 just to slow him down otherwise he will keep doing it, maybe not the best move with 83, but something like 64 is better as the straight possibilities are better etc regarding raising with shite - you can win one of three ways 1) he folds the 'better hand' 10 4 vs your 82 2) you hit a pair on the flop, bet for value and win 3) you miss the flop but it shows an A K Q etc and bet for value and he folds With 20 odd BB you need a risk a couple to keep paying for them, and after folding a few the raise looks even better I had considered pushing but as i had just regained the chip lead at the time, and was coming back into some decent starting cards, i decided to make a raise i would like him to call, if i pushed, he would have folded no problem, and id have won 3k, which lets face it, with premium hamds, you need to make more than that. KQ is a great hand heads up but like all hands may need help on the flop, and I agree you want to raise, but enough that the villian is making a mistake to call with the worst hand - giving 2:1 odds are not a mistake, as I said that would have been my hand to make a more determined stand and say call if you dare!! (and I would have called in an instant if he had shoved - you only fear AA KK and QQ and AK, against everything else is very close). A 30K raise is better for e simply because he had been min raising your BB a lot and I would be fed up with it by now if it was me :) the very next hand i received AK and doubled up when i hit two pair so couldnt have wished for a better hand after the loss of most of my chips. was it so quick? crikey it was late(must have been dozing:zzzLOL) - you had around 25K to his 75K at that point? so only enough for 8xBB - I think I would have shoved the next hand regardless, you need at least 10-12 BB to have a chance to beat someone who has 30 or so then he slow played his aces, into my Q6 where i hit top pair on the flop, pushed and the rest is history as we know spot on play there - with top pair you have to be playing, he was a bit cute and it nearly cost him dear - why do folks do that with the blinds so big? :eyes thanks for the support too my pleasure morls - well worth staying up and watching - well done:clap Damo

Re: Tikay tourny Hi guys. I was on the final table last night and said i would have a look at the forum, so here I am. Enjoyed the tourney last night, although there were a few i was glad to get rid of before the final table as they were on the annoying side. Thought the final table was played in good spirit and a shame I busted out in 5th. i decided that rather than limp along that i would go for it with my pocket tens, but didn't expect to run in to pocket Aces. :wall then the next hand to have pocket jacks and lose more chips hurt. :spank Oh well it was fun while it lasted. Hope to play against you all some time soon. :cheers

Re: Tikay tourny good game last nite - and WELCOME Damo

Hi guys. I was on the final table last night and said i would have a look at the forum, so here I am. Enjoyed the tourney last night, although there were a few i was glad to get rid of before the final table as they were on the annoying side. Thought the final table was played in good spirit and a shame I busted out in 5th. i decided that rather than limp along that i would go for it with my pocket tens, but didn't expect to run in to pocket Aces. :wall then the next hand to have pocket jacks and lose more chips hurt. :spank Oh well it was fun while it lasted. Hope to play against you all some time soon. :cheers

Enjoyed the tourney last night, although there were a few i was glad to get rid of before the final table as they were on the annoying side. :cheers
Moi?! :D Welcome to PL mate, good to see you here - congrats on last night, thought you played v well.