** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

pop quiz (part VI) - call or fold?

robilaruk

pop quiz (part VI) - call or fold?  

1. 1.

flippin toughy this one - the blinds are huge and the pushing ranges also - however he hasn't pushed too many, and I have been shoving the last 3 on the button against his BB with a similar stack (caught lucky with the SB calling last time for me to hit a K vs 10 10) , so what to do? Full table so its a bubble call - thoughts on hows and why most appreciated Ta Damo JackBlack6 is at seat 1 with 1405.00 shabash is at seat 2 with 5060.00 LizziePL is at seat 6 with 3490.00 djeduk is at seat 7 with 4145.00 LizziePL posts the large blind 600.00 shabash posts the small blind 300.00 shabash: --, -- LizziePL: 8h, 3h djeduk: --, -- JackBlack6: --, -- Pre-flop: djeduk: Fold JackBlack6: All in shabash: Fold Hero???????

Re: pop quiz (part VI) - call or fold? Bloody annoying one this is isn't it? If you call and lose then you've got 2000 left and the SB to pay next whilst the other guy is up over 3000, so you're the small stack by quite a way. If you fold, you got 2800 and he's got 2300 which is a much better situation. It's 800 to win 2300 so you need to be better than 26%ish to have odds in your favour. So you're getting good odds unless he has an overpair and getting just about the correct odds if he's got something dominating (not exactly likely). I think I'd fold and see if you get get a better situation in the next few hands:ok

Re: pop quiz (part VI) - call or fold? Pot = 2300 Call = 800 Stack if call and lose 2700 vs his 3100 Practically 3/1 in the pot. I think you have to take him on here knowing your behind but knowing the price is good and that your ITM if you make it, and still in contention if you dont. If you had 72o its an instant no brainer call. The best godamn hand in poker. I would add that if you fold and let him get away with one he is likely to do it again next round. Your likely to have rags again, but now he has you covered in chips and a call becomes even harder

Re: pop quiz (part VI) - call or fold? those figs are after I have paid the BB - I actually have 3490 to play with, so its 800 odd to call thats just the way boss do hand histories Damo

Bloody annoying one this is isn't it? If you call and lose then you've got 2000 left and the SB to pay next whilst the other guy is up over 3000' date=' so you're the small stack by quite a way. If you fold, you got 2800 and he's got 2300 which is a much better situation. It's 800 to win 2300 so you need to be better than 26%ish to have odds in your favour. So you're getting good odds unless he has an overpair and getting just about the correct odds if he's got something dominating (not exactly likely). I think I'd fold and see if you get get a better situation in the next few hands:ok[/quote']

Re: pop quiz (part VI) - call or fold? excellent point - very well made assuming he gets through his SB/BB free that is - but you are correct :ok Damo

I would add that if you fold and let him get away with one he is likely to do it again next round. Your likely to have rags again, but now he has you covered in chips and a call becomes even harder

Re: pop quiz (part VI) - call or fold?

those figs are after I have paid the BB - I actually have 3490 to play with, so its 800 odd to call thats just the way boss do hand histories Damo
Oops:$ :$. That's a bit better but I'd still probably fold. It may also help your 'bubble image' as you say you've shoved a few times so it's good to let them see you put something down. Might get a 'free shove' in a couple of hands to keep the stack going.

Re: pop quiz (part VI) - call or fold? without reading the other replies to this thread (so i don't get influenced), it's a difficult one, 600 chips is a lot, and folding brings him right back into the game, but calling and losing puts him even more in it. At the bubble fold, survial is everything. Otherwise call.

Re: pop quiz (part VI) - call or fold?

without reading the other replies to this thread (so i don't get influenced), it's a difficult one, 600 chips is a lot, and folding brings him right back into the game, but calling and losing puts him even more in it. At the bubble fold, survial is everything. Otherwise call.
Come on mate reading the thread then changing it:lol :lol :spank

Re: pop quiz (part VI) - call or fold? I chnaged because I realised I'd missread the first post, at first I thought Damo only had 1405 chips, not 3490. With 1405 chips, it's an instant call due to the low M

Re: pop quiz (part VI) - call or fold? and thats why we post the hands to discuss - you see 3:1 odds and call - its that easy IMO Yes i called - easy-peasy lemon squeezy I thought even with this shite, and yes I busted him :) The blinds are massive, the odds are massive, and every hand I win is massive! (the blinds are worth 25% of my stack, so I too am short stacked) I am shoving every hand I play anyway, so 800 chips less are neither here nor there Interesting that people want to tighten up around the bubble - this is the time to be decisive Damo

Trouble is rob that it took me a few minutes to do the math and come to that conclussion. We just dont have that kind of time online :(