** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Just received a shocking mail from Michael's mailing list... :eek

Hi All. Well those greedy money-grabbers who administer the modern game have noticed me. I have received a fixture list copyright infringement notice. With the cost of a license to cover the sheets being in the region of 4000 pounds a year, I am going to have to pull the plug and consider what to do. I'm away on business at the moment but the site will come down on Saturday when I get home. I suppose I should be pleased that it's taken them 14 years to notice me. Perhaps they've finished shutting down all the fan-sites down and have now moved on to sites like mine. I have not determined yet what the longer term action should be or whether this is the end of the line. One approach would be to re-design the sheets so they don't need the dates of unplayed fixtures. Not sure how to do that without the sheets becoming too unwieldy to enjoyably use. The brain has started ticking... In the meantime DataCo's agency is sending me threatening notices so I have to comply. Regards, Michael.
Cannot believe, four grands just to display fixtures on non-commercial site; and fixtures should be common property, as calendar or national holidays are?! It's indeed not a game anymore, but greedy bussinness! :puke

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ....... anyway in the meantime and until I have to resort to another method, here is this weekend's selections:- Tottenham H (h) 1.97 Sunderland (a) 3.60 :unsure Fulham (h) 2.38 :unsure Chelsea (a) 1.40 Barcelona (h) 1.17 Udinese (h) 1.51 Blackpool (h) 2.14 Leicester C (h) 1.72 ....... some strange ones there, don't know how Sunderland get to win away at Bolton! :unsure

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

........ wow' date= takes some believing after all these years! Maybe I too may have to find another way of prediction if he stops the sheets. I hope there is some form of replacement. :unsure
Merlin I have a blank template from football-bet-data.co.uk that predicts scores for ANY leagues. There are about 20 pre set leagues that get updated every so often similar to MW site, or a blank template that allows users to create their own - although must admit i've not given that aspect a try yet. Certainly sounds a strange decision to put the kibosh on his sheets at this point in time though. Let me know if you need any help?

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ...... Michael has actually closed the line of support due to this fixture problem with the copyright, so there appears to be little future for the sheets in their current capacity. Until this is resolved I have decided to suspend the thread until such times as Michael finds a permanent solution. My thanks to all those who actually looked in over the years. Cheers.:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Such a shame big man, although ive not done anything this season, i enjoyed my attempts of the aways system even though it ended in failure..but it was your 3 goals & the Merlin Full House that got me hooked in, so a thank-you Merlin for your efforts & lets hope it resurects itself one day in the future....:ok

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Just spent the best part of an hour reading this thread and how sad it's not continuing anymore. What I don't think was clarified is what leagues were covered? I've worked out all 5 English plus the top Italian, Spanish and German but were there anymore? Another site offering score predictions (automatically) is www.football-bet-data.com and there is a way of testing historical predictions for profit now. Using the 3-0 or better scores Does show a profit too, and there are alot more leagues to chose from. May carry this on or allow people to make their own selections from it if they were following this thread with money? It has thrown up a selection for today. Ipswich (h) v Barnsley @ 2.04 May have a cheeky tenner on it

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

What I don't think was clarified is what leagues were covered? I've worked out all 5 English plus the top Italian' date=' Spanish and German but were there anymore?[/quote'] For season 2011/2012, there were those leagues you mentioned, and additionally Australian A league, Champions League 2012 and Qualifiers for Euro 2012. What you intend to do is actually hi-jacking this thread - another member instead of Merlin, another source instead of Michael Wray; so please don't post your selections in this thread; rather start a new one (and reffer to this thread in first post if you want). However, I see another potential problem there: Michael Wray's sheets were completely free, whereas football-bet-data is commercial service, so your thread may be understood as promotion or tipster proofing; I'd recommend you to contact Paul Ross and ask if it's allowed!

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... just saw this, so thanks Froment for your swift and decisive action in nipping this in the bud. I will have a look around and rethink just where this thread is going, or indeed if a new thread ought to be started with the new method. Thanks.