** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. As McGin says your not alone,i also was on Villa and Preston and was very happy with the results.Decided to follow this to see where it goes and was curious as to how many selections on average this throws up on a weekend.Good luck with this:ok

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... Many thanks to you other guys too, much appreciated. It is always encouraging when I find someone who IS actually taking some notice in a system put before them, which HAS actually got some potential and without costing the earth to wager.I have also learned a lesson from the Michael Wray sheets, and that is to completely ignore ALL selections for two to three weeks at the start of the season.If I had done this, the strike rate and yield etc would have been even better than they are at this current moment in time, although I am pleased with the progress shown over the past couple of weeks or so.Good to hear your comments Gentlemen, do call again!;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... numbers of views mean absolutely very little to me my friend if I find I am treading a lonely furrow! Six lone messages and the passage of one month later is not exactly encouraging from any originator.I realise full well that punters responses are not a god given right, and I would not expect otherwise.Just an odd line here and there would always be appreciated, but if this is not to be, then I would still plough the furrow.Thanks again.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment.

I have also learned a lesson from the Michael Wray sheets, and that is to completely ignore ALL selections for two to three weeks at the start of the season.
I think most systems need several weeks to settle down. As a general rule I wait till October before following anything, but need a few small bets in the mean time to keep me occupied :)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... thanks again to all you guys who have replied. I was losing faith with human nature, but you have all proved that my journey is not wasted by any means and there are genuine punters out there who really make a difference.My hat is off to you all!:clap

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. No merlin, you haven't been unnoticed ;) not replying doesn't mean we don't look into this ;) I just like to wait a little before posting any comments, besides, I've been really busy... I'm almost only reading, not posting, but things like this don't go unnoticed! GL and cheers mate!

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. Thought you'd got another 2 winners there Merlin,couldn't believe Man City getting a 93rd minute and 59 second goal,literally :sad Spot on with the Blackpool game though.No cigars this week but must not grumble as it was only a small loss.Keep up the good work and better luck next time:ok

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... the sheets did have two winners Kinglouey, I missed Forest Green in my haste, proofed on the sheets themselves.Hard done by the Everton result with Man City scoring last kick of the match! Would have been 3 from 3. Anyway settle for 2 from 3. Current position:- Total Staked 300.00 Total Returned 354.90 Yield +18.30% Winners 18 Losers 12 Total Bets 30 Strike rate 60% Current Bank 154.90 Profit/Loss 54.90 One interesting statistic in favour of leaving this system alone in the initial weeks of the season, is that only 3 bets from the first 10 were winners,whilst out of the last 10 bets there have been 8 winners, a strike rate of 80%, which is good in anyone's book!;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. cavelloman. i emailed him last season and he replied, but didn't divulge anything. i know that he uses a weighting system between * the last 5 year's previous encounters * the average last 5 home/away goals for/against i'm sure this conversation has been had on here before. perhaps do a search.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... yeah you are right muppet, all this has been discussed previously and his methodology appeared to be fairly sound and above board.It most certainly works for this highlighted 3-0 system,and as long as one does not follow the correct scorelines, there is profit to be made here. Long may it continue.Cheers.Merlin.

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... Not getting tickets David for the West Indies match.Went to one or two in the early days, but would much rather go to the Durham matches only.Iv'e got used to the freedom of space and no pushing and shoving and queing for everything.Chalk me up as a number one Durham supporter!;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. .... if I'm looking through my glass eye properly and it's not all steamed up, I make it only the one selection this weekend for the 3-0 Michael Wray system:- Crewe Alexandra 1.92 Will be looking for continued success!;) I will be missing from pm Wednesday until sometime around the weekend due to my PC getting a very much overdue overhaul, so good luck to all punters.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... sorry folks been AWOL getting a PC overhaul and just returned tonight. The last selection Crewe A won, but will update the facts and figures after this weekends results.Meanwhile here are this week's highlighted selections:- Arsenal 1.20 Aston Villa 2.20 Everton (A) 2.63 Oldham A 1.67 Shrewsbury T (A) 3.5 Chelsea (A) 1.44 Oxford U 1.36 Thanks for looking in.Cheers.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ... well the system took a right old battering last weekend, 2 correct from 7, not a good week. Still it remains in the Black which cannot be bad! Total Staked 380.00 Total Returned 400.50 Yield +5.39% Winners 21 Losers 17 Total Bets 38 Strike Rate 55.26% Current Bank 120.50 Profit/Loss 20.50 This week's selections will be posted shortly.;)

Re: Return to Oz and the Michael Wray Experiment. ..... no Eddie! These are teams highlighted by the Michael Wray system, as being 3-0 winners.Going on last seasons start of this system and backing all these selections as WINNERS only and not correct scores, provided a profit, as it is at the moment in excess of 5% yield.There is a thread in the archives showing last season's final stats if you are interested.Cheers.;)