** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

How to win an STT

robilaruk

Thought it best to post this, so you can all see what a fantastic player I am and how to precisely play not only your own cards but your oppenents as well..... in other words how to be a lucky muppet:nana :dude :lol :eek :cow :clap so its bubble time and I want to win, so I decide to do it in two hands - seems easier that way..... :ok Damo Hand 1 Have been raising the villians BB every time its folded to me (4 or 5 on the trot by now as the table has become very tight) francky is at seat 2 with 3220.00 LizziePL is at seat 3 with 8750.00 Kobupf is at seat 6 with 1420.00 NoMercyMan is at seat 9 with 1310.00 Kobupf posts the large blind 200.00 LizziePL posts the small blind 100.00 LizziePL: 7c, 5d Kobupf: --, -- NoMercyMan: --, -- francky: --, -- Pre-flop: NoMercyMan: Fold francky: Fold LizziePL: Raise 600.00 Kobupf: Call 600.00 Flop (Board: 5c, 5h, 6s): LizziePL: Check Kobupf: All in LizziePL: Call 1020.00 Showdown: LizziePL shows: 7c, 5d (three of a kind, Fives) Kobupf shows: 7s, 7h (two pair, Sevens and Fives) Turn (Board: 5c, 5h, 6s, 10s): River (Board: 5c, 5h, 6s, 10s, Kd): Mainpot: LizziePL wins the pot of 3240 with three of a kind, Fives HAHAHAHAHAHAHA the poor sod has been sitting there waiting to play back at me and I hit trips LOL Of course he should have shoved PF, but there you go Hand 2 I always play the next hand after I win one, regardless of my cards (as does Doyle Bruson, he learnt that from me.....:tongue2 ) francky is at seat 2 with 3020.00 LizziePL is at seat 3 with 10470.00 NoMercyMan is at seat 9 with 1210.00 francky posts the large blind 200.00 NoMercyMan posts the small blind 100.00 NoMercyMan: --, -- francky: --, -- LizziePL: 7c, 8c Pre-flop: LizziePL: Raise 600.00 NoMercyMan: All in francky: Call 1310.00 hmmm a shove to my raise with a call, think I might be behind here, however I am getting great odds to see the flop LizziePL: Call 1310.00 Flop (Board: 8d, 4h, 9s): excellent, doesn't get much better than that, need to build a side pot and hope villian has 2 overcards francky: Check LizziePL: Bet 400.00 francky: All in HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I wondered when he smooth called the PF shove whether he had a PP - he has been tight for a while so i thought about it and decided to call, just becuase there is so much in the pot right now LizziePL: Call 1910.00 Showdown: francky shows: Ad, Ac (a pair of Aces) LizziePL shows: 7c, 8c (a pair of Eights) bugger - rockets, oh well NoMercyMan shows: 4c, Kc (a pair of Fours) Turn (Board: 8d, 4h, 9s, Jc): River (Board: 8d, 4h, 9s, Jc, 7s): LizziePL shows: 7c, 8c (two pair, Eights and Sevens) BINGO - gotta love that river - I bet rocket boy is gutted for not shoving PF and driving me out (how many times do I see this mistake???) Sidepot 2: LizziePL wins the pot of 3820 with two pair, Eights and Sevens Mainpot: LizziePL wins the pot of 3930 with two pair, Eights and Sevens Y'see it's not that difficult to win an STT, just play like a donkey and it will happen..... :clap :clap :clap :clap Damo

Re: How to win an STT erm notice the irony bit at the top - about being a lucky muppet? I got lucky 2 hands running because others let me be aggressive rather than shoving at me and forcing me to fold when they had the better hand PF - i'll let you work out the pot odds I was getting and let you decide whether it was worth calling or not Damo

And you have the nerve to slate me for the calls i make....ffs dude you love yourself dont ya

Re: How to win an STT So what about irony......you didnt waste any time in having a go at my hand a few weeks back At the end of the day, you knew you were behind and you still called, precisely what you were slagging off the other week, so either your a hypocrite or just plain dumb

Re: How to win an STT morls - have a look at the pot and my stack and what is was costing to call yes i believed that in the 2nd hand I was behind PF, but it costs only another 710 chips PF to win 3220 - I am getting over 4:1 and if I miss, i still have over 9K left - we are ITM and villian one is shoving any 2 as he is short stacked - the smooth call by the rocket boy is shocking, if he shoves my hand is in the muck - easy as that, he didn't, he got cute and paid the price and just what would you do on that flop? you have hit a pair - you laying it down for another 1510 chips after he shoves?? there is 5300 or so in the pot and I am getting over 3.5:1 for the call - you do the maths this isn't rocket science, its about making moves and responding to moves given what little knowledge you have on the players - he might be shoving AK for all I know, i did put him on good cards, but not a premium PP as I would have expected a shove PF with them to isolate. and rather than just than just bitch, why not make a reasoned argument about how poor you feel my play is - I may say that others play is wrong, but I explain my reasons and thinking, not just slag them off notice the difference?? Damo ps want to post a link to that hand so we can see how much I had a go at you? just to compare and contrast etc?

So what about irony......you didnt waste any time in having a go at my hand a few weeks back At the end of the day, you knew you were behind and you still called, precisely what you were slagging off the other week, so either your a hypocrite or just plain dumb

Re: How to win an STT ok lets nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand, i dont want to cause arguements as thats not what i want at all. maybe i was a little harsh in what i said, so for that, im sorry, however, if you look at that hand, and the hand i played, we both made bets, we were both re-raised, and we both called.....mine cost less than 1400 to call a pot of 8k and you had a go......

Re: How to win an STT apology accepted - have looked over your original post here http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30090 as always in the heat of the battle we make plays that others might think are wrong when we have time to sit and think about them, and each situation is unique all we can do is discuss and try to pick the 'correct' strategy and try to play that correct strategy in the next situation that occurs that is similar not much more to say on this, let others figure out how big a muppet we are! LOL Cheers Morls Damo :cheers ps as long as I am not Gonzo, i don't mind ;)

ok lets nip this in the bud before it gets out of hand, i dont want to cause arguements as thats not what i want at all. maybe i was a little harsh in what i said, so for that, im sorry, however, if you look at that hand, and the hand i played, we both made bets, we were both re-raised, and we both called.....mine cost less than 1400 to call a pot of 8k and you had a go......