** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

its bully time - so how to play KK?

robilaruk

well its ITM and for some reason they have both tightened up and let me run rampant for ages (I had 8-9K when we hit ITM at 100/200) so I have been shoving every button regardless of my cards for the last 6 hands or so (maybe 8 or 10? dunno exactly its loads ;)) I have also been folding my SB to Mick the ultra shortie when the other villian folds on his button - I even folded KQ..... LOL So am on the button again and pick KK So what do we think - keep shoving or slowplay and hope to trap? Damo LizziePL is at seat 1 with 12715.00 112mick is at seat 9 with 355.00 nicko73 is at seat 10 with 1480.00 nicko73 posts the large blind 300.00 112mick posts the small blind 150.00 112mick: --, -- nicko73: --, -- LizziePL: Kh, Kd

Re: its bully time - so how to play KK? If you've been shoving for a while, you have to keep doing it - a call now looks suspicious, Mick is pretty much pot-committed anyway, and Nicko doesn't need much of a hand to decide to play it with you both in, IMO.

Re: its bully time - so how to play KK? I agree you pretty much have to shove again. Your table image is "loose maniac cos he has chip lead". The second you call or make a small raise suddenly alarm bells will go off if they have even slightly been paying attention. IF they have woken up with a mid to large ace or any poket pair they are liable to call. If they fold you can show your kings which reinforces the idea that maybe your on some mad rush of cards allowing you to shove some more!

Re: its bully time - so how to play KK? I have been shoving (did you read my post LOL) - and no callers despite them being short stacked for ages I can't figure this out, we are ITM and they are both playing for second? (or waiting for Aces to double up with?) so my thinking is this, I smooth call and hope either of them..... shoves, or call/checks and hits something on the flop to induce the all in bad play? Damo

Re: its bully time - so how to play KK?

I have been shoving (did you read my post LOL) - and no callers despite them being short stacked for ages I can't figure this out, we are ITM and they are both playing for second? (or waiting for Aces to double up with?) so my thinking is this, I smooth call and hope either of them..... shoves, or call/checks and hits something on the flop to induce the all in bad play? Damo
In that situation, if I was the small stack, I'd need to have 2 pair or better, and as soon as you bet I'm outta there. But no harm in trying it. :ok

Re: its bully time - so how to play KK? i'd double the bb ,they need to do something soon and mick will probly call with whatever hes got with half his stack in already also nick may call because of the pot odds with only needing to put in 300 into a 1500 pot. then on the flop(whatever comes down) id push and hope he calls ,i always try to eek it out of them make them feel like they need 2 call.

Re: its bully time - so how to play KK? Incidently, mick112 should have called automatically the hand before when he had 600 and half his stack was in the BB. He was getting 3/1 and you didnt have Kings :) He should really be calling now as well cos again half his chips are in the pot and this time he is getting 5/1 on his money. Even 72o is going to be getting near correct oodds against kings, and is the correct call against a random hand. Silly mick :)

Re: its bully time - so how to play KK? thats my point - they have both been getting the correct odds for the last dozen hands and just keep folding I really do think that they have resigned themselves to getting 2nd, with the other one making the 'mistake' of calling - hence why I took the option of calling and hoping either of them hit something on the flop (heel I don't mind if its 2 pair, at least I have a chance to bust one of them!) anyway this is what happened LizziePL: Call 300.00 112mick: Fold nicko73: Check Mick folds, leaving himself 205 chips :eyes :eyes and this flop arrives so now what? LOL Flop (Board: Ac, Ad, Kc):

Incidently, mick112 should have called automatically the hand before when he had 600 and half his stack was in the BB. He was getting 3/1 and you didnt have Kings :) He should really be calling now as well cos again half his chips are in the pot and this time he is getting 5/1 on his money. Even 72o is going to be getting near correct oodds against kings, and is the correct call against a random hand. Silly mick :)

Re: its bully time - so how to play KK? Id check it down. If he has any ace hes thinking hes trapping. If he has two big cards or clubs he has an opportunity to make a losing second best hand. Only danger is he might be on a rag ace and makes a better full house. I dont think he raises before the flop with an ace either. Playing to scared so you cant discount it. Basically with the near nuts you gotta give him a chance to hang himself. If he makes aces full well thats poker. Your still healthy and the low man is all in in the blinds for the next two hands.

Re: its bully time - so how to play KK?

so I have been shoving every button regardless of my cards for the last 6 hands or so (maybe 8 or 10? dunno exactly its loads ;))
checking shows strength, betting single gives the impression you're only betting ebcause they will fold. which would enduce the bluff from the guy thinkign you've missed compeletely.

Re: its bully time - so how to play KK? you think this guy has had a personality change just for this hand. He has gone from being a super rock trying to get in the money to a bluffing machine? He probably has nothing at this point the only way you are going to get anything is by checking and hoping he hits something and maybe min bet the river. Of course you may still not get anything but you have a better chance this way than betting the flop.

Re: its bully time - so how to play KK? LOL I agree, I just checked behind hoping he hits something Turn (Board: Ac, Ad, Kc, 6h): nicko73: Check LizziePL: Check oh well still no action - not getting owt out of him I reckon River (Board: Ac, Ad, Kc, 6h, As): HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA another ACE nicko73: Check LizziePL: Bet 300.00 nicko73: Fold I have to min bet here on the chance he calls with anything and he didn't, so having thoiught about it I showed my hand as well Showdown: LizziePL shows: Kh, Kd (full house) LizziePL wins the pot of 750.00 by default FYI this is how the game panned out LizziePL is at seat 1 with 12865.00 112mick is at seat 9 with 355.00 nicko73 is at seat 10 with 1330.00 LizziePL posts the large blind 300.00 nicko73 posts the small blind 150.00 nicko73: --, -- LizziePL: Ks, 8h 112mick: --, -- Pre-flop: 112mick: Fold nicko73: Call 300.00 LizziePL: All in nicko73: Fold LizziePL wins the pot of 600.00 by default he limp calls and then throws away? sigh :eyes he is desperate for 2nd, would love to know what he folded LizziePL is at seat 1 with 13315.00 112mick is at seat 9 with 55.00 nicko73 is at seat 10 with 1180.00 112mick posts the large blind 300.00 LizziePL posts the small blind 150.00 LizziePL: 7c, Ks 112mick: --, -- nicko73: --, -- Pre-flop: nicko73: Fold LizziePL: All in 112mick: All in Showdown: LizziePL shows: 7c, Ks (high card, King) 112mick shows: As, 6d (high card, Ace) Flop (Board: 10d, Kc, 5d): Turn (Board: 10d, Kc, 5d, 9c): River (Board: 10d, Kc, 5d, 9c, 8d): LizziePL shows: 7c, Ks (a pair of Kings) Mainpot: LizziePL wins the pot of 710 with a pair of Kings LizziePL is at seat 1 with 13520.00 nicko73 is at seat 10 with 1180.00 LizziePL posts the large blind 300.00 LizziePL: 5h, 7h nicko73: --, -- Pre-flop: nicko73: Fold so he has 2nd and is STILL folding - must be a rock (maybe this is an alter-ego of someone from here....... LOL) LizziePL is at seat 1 with 13670.00 nicko73 is at seat 10 with 880.00 nicko73 posts the large blind 300.00 LizziePL posts the small blind 150.00 nicko73: --, -- LizziePL: 3s, As Pre-flop: LizziePL: All in nicko73: Fold Showdown: LizziePL shows: 3s, As (high card, Ace) LizziePL wins the pot of 600.00 by default LizziePL is at seat 1 with 13820.00 nicko73 is at seat 10 with 730.00 LizziePL posts the large blind 300.00 nicko73 posts the small blind 150.00 LizziePL: 3d, Js nicko73: --, -- Pre-flop: nicko73: Fold LizziePL wins the pot of 300.00 by default FOLD??? - my dog could beat this guy He is not a rock, he has gone beyond super tight- what cards will he play? LizziePL is at seat 1 with 14120.00 nicko73 is at seat 10 with 430.00 nicko73 posts the large blind 300.00 LizziePL posts the small blind 150.00 nicko73: --, -- LizziePL: 10c, Qc Pre-flop: LizziePL: All in nicko73: All in Showdown: LizziePL shows: 10c, Qc (high card, Queen) nicko73 shows: Ad, 2s (high card, Ace) Flop (Board: Ac, 9s, Jd): Turn (Board: Ac, 9s, Jd, 3c): River (Board: Ac, 9s, Jd, 3c, 5c): LizziePL shows: 10c, Qc (ace high flush) Mainpot: LizziePL wins the pot of 1460 with ace high flush One to note for the future - easy to beat

you think this guy has had a personality change just for this hand. He has gone from being a super rock trying to get in the money to a bluffing machine? He probably has nothing at this point the only way you are going to get anything is by checking and hoping he hits something and maybe min bet the river. Of course you may still not get anything but you have a better chance this way than betting the flop.