** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

anyone calling this?

robilaruk

Have limped in the SB against shortie so anyone want to critique my play here? and is anyone calling on the end? Ta Damo Gav1978 is at seat 1 with 2000.00 babyface19 is at seat 3 with 3900.00 HERO is at seat 4 with 3080.00 PicQueen is at seat 5 with 945.00 PicQueen posts the large blind 50.00 HERO posts the small blind 25.00 HERO: 3c, 5d PicQueen: --, -- Gav1978: --, -- babyface19: --, -- Pre-flop: Gav1978: Fold babyface19: Fold HERO: Call 50.00 PicQueen: Check Flop (Board: Kc, Ac, Js): HERO: Check PicQueen: Check Turn (Board: Kc, Ac, Js, Qc): HERO: Bet 100.00 PicQueen: Call 100.00 River (Board: Kc, Ac, Js, Qc, Ks): HERO: Check PicQueen: Bet 250.00 HERO??????

Re: anyone calling this? I would play the same on the flop and the turn, but I'd just give up after that. Not much damage to the stack and I can't be bothered spending 250 to just hope they're bluffing and get the 150 I'd already put in back. If I had to say then they've got Krag or Q rag, anything better then they would have probably raised the weak/megastrong call from the SB.

Re: anyone calling this? He could easily have a T and be slowplaying after the turn, hoping you've got Qx, Kx. Personally, I'd either raise pre-flop or check all the way down. If he's been playing ultra tight, you might be able to take it down with a bet on the flop. As played, fold the river.

Re: anyone calling this? Sorry mate, but really playing 53os, you may as well have just give him the small blind of 25 chips - let him off the hook for this round, and wait. The best case scenario (apart from a stone cold bluff), is that he bet the board, you call and its a split pot. Any other really pays him off and keeps him in the game. I don't think there was any point in involving yourself in this at all.

Re: anyone calling this? hands like this are always trouble .if i do call on the sb or get something like that on the bb i will only carry on if the flop gives me a straight draw or 2 pair, even then only if theres very little action will i continue ,other than that its a automatic fold .mind you its pretty rare for me to call with a hand like that on the sb as a family pot is the only time it becomes worthwhile to call in the first place.

Re: anyone calling this? Incidently, while he is the lowest stack on the bubble he still has 20xBB in front of him, and while those are going to be comming round pretty fast he shouldnt be panicking just yet. My definition of a short stack is a lot less BB's and in a situation where if he does double though hes still the lowest stack at the table As has been said give him the 25 chips. If you both had a king in that spot and you double him up you would end up in a situation where you now have 3 guys with 2000 chips on the bubble with blinds at 50 - so 40bb's each. Basically its the distinction between the lowest stack, a short stack and a crippled stack. If he has 200-300 infront of him its a differnt story see...

Re: anyone calling this? dont limp with 5/3 you are out of position and shouldnt be anywhere near the hand anyway. what sort of flop are you looking to hit there? if it comes j/5/6 ...where are you? basically any flop without a 5 or a 3 and you will be behind. learn to give up the sb when u have nothing...hands like this are nothing but trouble, as for any notion of calling!!! im presuming you are on a wind up with that. position,position, position gl

Re: anyone calling this? really interesting responses - so no one is making up for another 25 chips which is 1/120 or so of my stack - its better than 1st hand of a tourney LOL re the question about what flop I want - I shove if it contains 3 5 str draw for my cards flush draw for my cards I bet 200 with the flop showing Ace (even if I have missed) King (even if I have missed) easy really thanks all Damo

Re: anyone calling this? I would complete yes, odds are too good to pass up with blinds this low (so the call is a tiny percentage of your stack). I would check/fold any flop where I didn't hit at least two pair, or check call with decent combi-draws. If I only had one or two opponents, I might lead if I thought they were incredibly weak, but it's very much read dependant.