2nd FAVS

I have been trying to perfect a system backing 2nd favs. Basically i choose a meeting and bet the second fav in all the races stopping at a winner. I will give you the info on how i select the meeting later today.The staking is bet 1 point and add an extra point after a loser. If a full meeting loses then i bet 2 points and add 2 points after every loser on the next meeting and so on until my points are back. Its a little complicated and i'll explain more as i go on. Please dont back the horses until we can improve it. Im doing this so hopefully i will get a few ideas off you.I'll run the system on here until the points run out.I hope that will be a long way from now.If anyone can help to filter out the losing days or improve the staking please let me know. Today,s meeting is WINDSOR start bank 500 pts

Re: 2nd FAVS My advise to you is not to do this. The simple reason being that if you backed all second favourites at level stakes - at any given meeting a day, you'd make a loss. No staking plan is going to turn around a loss unless you have an infinite bank of money. I've run through a database of clear second favourites - flat only, at all tracks and discovered that you'd hit a losing run of over 30 races on average more than once a year, not to mention a losing run of over 20 races at least 10 times a year, almost once every month on average. You could probably filter this down but it wouldn't stop that long losing run from occuring at some point. Please don't think I'm being rude, I've tried this sort of system before and it just isn't worth it. Danny

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.