** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

pop quiz (part 4) - fold or call

robilaruk

5 player - so on the bubble getting a few of these at the mo still figuring out how loose I need to be to make the call thoughts? Damo rknill is at seat 1 with 2830.00 HERO is at seat 4 with 3920.00 TheKid21 is at seat 5 with 450.00 HERO posts the large blind 200.00 rknill posts the small blind 100.00 rknill: --, -- HERO: Jc, 4d TheKid21: --, -- Pre-flop: TheKid21: All in rknill: Fold HERO???????

Re: pop quiz (part 4) - fold or call It's only another 250 chips, so I'd be tempted to call. But J4o is shit, and it'd depend on my read of him, if he'd been folding a lot recently when he was low in chips, i might let this one go, and then attack him next time round on his BB when he really is compelled to go for it, he still as a slight fold equity here, whereas next time he really does need to go all atc. I actually try not to get too involved at this stage, I try and wait and let the other guy take him out, I hate playing against desperate people

Re: pop quiz (part 4) - fold or call Foolsgold - you're getting great odds for your money if he has two overcards (you'll generally be a 2:1 dog, but you're getting 3:1). If he's got a pair, you need 4:1, but the chance to take someone out and make the money surely gives you that extra little incentive? Another 250 would barely make a dent in your stack, and there's a lot to be said about creating a decent table image here.. but I'm multitabling so I won't bother.

Re: pop quiz (part 4) - fold or call call... even if he does win and double up he's still short stacked and will need to get lucky a couple of times to get back into the game. You can still get round the table 10 times to his 3 so you're still in a decent position.