** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pop Quiz time (part III) - Fold or Call

robilaruk

Pop Quiz time (part III) - Fold or Call  

1. 1.

• Call Both Hands
    • Fold Both Hands
    • Call Hand 1 and Fold Hand 2
    • Fold Hand 1 and Call Hand 2

Evening All have 2 hands for you to choose Fold or Call and your thoughts why are most appreciated Ta Damo HAND 1 Mrsac is at seat 1 with 980.00<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

HERO is at seat 2 with 3550.00

the six is at seat 3 with 1325.00

Klatscher is at seat 4 with 495.00

leo80 is at seat 5 with 850.00

HERO posts the large blind 200.00

Mrsac posts the small blind 100.00

Mrsac: --, --

HERO: 4d, 3c

the six: --, --

Klatscher: --, --

leo80: --, --

Pre-flop:

the six: Fold

Klatscher: All in

leo80: Fold

Mrsac: Fold HERO??????? HAND 2 Mrsac is at seat 1 with 630.00

HERO is at seat 2 with 4605.00

the six is at seat 3 with 1025.00

Klatscher is at seat 4 with 790.00

HERO posts the large blind 300.00

Mrsac posts the small blind 150.00

Mrsac: --, --

HERO: 9d, 2d

the six: --, --

Klatscher: --, --

Pre-flop:

the six: All in

Klatscher: Fold

Mrsac: Fold

HERO???

Re: Pop Quiz time (part III) - Fold or Call 1st Hand Call: your getting pretty good pot odds on your 300 chip call. 2nd Hand Fold: 4 players left and the guy going all in is currently 2nd place, so i think he's got a good hand, plus he's UTG which leads me to believe he's not trying to steal

Re: Pop Quiz time (part III) - Fold or Call 1st hand: 2.6:1 - great odds, unless he has a pair. Since he is so short, he's pushing with any two. Without a read it's hard to say, but I'd call with any 2, since you can afford it being the CL. 2nd hand: 2:1 - not so bad odds, plus your cards are suited (SOOOOTED!). A bit more tricky to decide though.. you're a big CL, and the second stack has gone in. People in this position would generally fold marginal hands, so he's got something. Probably overcards, perhaps a pair 66+. If he's got high cards, yours are probably live and the odds are OK. If he's paired, you're boned and probably shouldn't call. Of course, it's very important to have him on a range here.. is he loose enough to push any two? If you fold, he'll come out with ~1450. If you call and lose he'll have ~2150. Is it that much difference? I think it's enough, since you'll have 4305 in the first case, and 3605 in the second. Calling and losing puts you much closer together, so I think fold and wait for a better spot.