Golf, the open

ok folks would appreciate your input in to who you think will win the open this year, i will list some of my choices pleas add yours, and together we can give the bookie a pasting! J M Olazabal @ 50/1 a player of his calibre is always worth backing and at that price get on early his odds are bound to shorten. Davis Love III @ 50/1 he is a very good shout, has an amazing run of top 10 finishes in this event and has to be worth backing at that price. Vijay Singh @16/1 whenever there is a major, and a leaderboard you can be assured he will be around the top end, again i expect his odds to shorten. Ian Poulter @ 66/1 he is starting to become a regular top 10 finisher and i reckon his first major aint far away, came close at U.S open back him at 66s e/w David Howell @ 33/1 has everything a major winner should have and on these shores is a class act Darren Clarke @40/1 again a golfer who seems to thrive at this event, always worth backing e/w and back him to win the Loch Lomond next week always performs well this time of season. these are a few of mine would like to hear where you think the value market is, i.e top rest of world, top euro, top gb and ire, or top 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf, the open

Darren Clarke @40/1 again a golfer who seems to thrive at this event, always worth backing e/w and back him to win the Loch Lomond next week
Thumbing this months Inside Edge I notice "No player has ever won at Loch Lomond and gone on to win at the Open the following week". Could be worth bearing in mind if you see Clarke having a strong Scottish Open. To be fair I don't know a great deal about Golf, so take these how you will, but I've made a couple of plays based on IE & some frantic Googling.. Davis Love III (Outright) @ 100.0 on Betfair - Has had 2 top 10s & a top 20 finish in the last four years, and reportedly "the best links player on the PGA tour", so I've got on this with a view to laying off as the tournament progresses. Will hopefully get some guidance on here as to when might be a good time for that :hope :ok Tiger Woods (Outright) @ 6.4 on Betfair - Last years winner, and IE see a value price as 4/1, so while he's available at better he's well worth a punt.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.