** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

$33 on the bubble JJ in the BB - whats my play?

robilaruk

Hand #352176228 at table: STT $30 NL Started: Sat Jul 01 12:38:39 2006 socolik1 is at seat 2 with 4158.00 HERO is at seat 4 with 5060.00 S-H-Glenn is at seat 6 with 3076.00 Bünne is at seat 10 with 2256.00 HERO posts the large blind 300.00 socolik1 posts the small blind 150.00 socolik1: --, -- HERO: Js, Jc S-H-Glenn: --, -- Bünne: --, -- Pre-flop: S-H-Glenn: All in Bünne: All in socolik1: Fold

Re: $33 on the bubble JJ in the BB - whats my play? I'd probably go against the grain here - I'd call - every time. Ok, there is a good possibility you'll lose the hand - but even if you do there is a good chance you'll be in the money anyway (either straightaway if the middle stack wins - or you'll be favourite if the small stack wins). However - win the hand and the tournie is yours for the taking. And at this stage of the game JJ is a real real premium hand.

Re: $33 on the bubble JJ in the BB - whats my play? I'd Fold. I would look at it that either one goes out, and you are in the money, or one is really crippled. You may not have the chip lead after the hand, but you are still a strong second if you don't. Also, if the one who was all in doubles up, you and the others can round on the short stack, only with 3*BB.