** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

STT/SNG Spreadsheet - a beginners guide

robilaruk

Re: STT/SNG Spreadsheet - a beginners guide

:welcome to Poker Warbirds I've found a copy of the spreadsheet and uploaded to rapidshare - http://rapidshare.com/files/81283830/twoplustwo_SNG_spreadsheet_2.8a.xls.html
:ok If you're looking at getting into poker through freerolls then investing in a subscription to Poker Player and Inside Poker would be a good idea as they have value freerolls. Other than that, Mansion have a daily $500 freeroll Monday to Friday. Off the top of my head thats it.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: STT/SNG Spreadsheet - a beginners guide Thanks Valiant23, Got the file. Mansion want you to open a real money account b4 you can play there freerolls. :( Just want to play a few freerolls for fun/practice without opening real money accounts, and you never know i might make a $ GL Paul

Re: STT/SNG Spreadsheet - a beginners guide Don't be put off by their 'insistence' that you deposit. Playing for free money is much better practice than playing for play money. AGREE about the free money ;) - but Mansion said I have to dep in real money to play there freerolls. will do a search on google and see if I can find a few - will report back later if I do A bit additive this on-line poker stuff aint it. :D GL paul

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone using this spreadsheet this year? If so, have they considered what to do on Feb 29th? :unsure
yes and get drunk? have a five finger shuffle? slap someone around for asking a silly question :spank;):spank;):spank;) Not winning though - my poor run from August continues on and on and on and........ Damo

• 1 month later...

Re: STT/SNG Spreadsheet - a beginners guide This looks like a good tool, just need to put excel on my laptop now !! I have same question as last guy - is there one for MTT ?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: STT/SNG Spreadsheet - a beginners guide Spreadsheet is very useful. Only filled in 10 games up to now. Seems to work fine and like the stats. The only problem is my ROI dropped but this is due to bad play. Hope this will change soon :hope GL 2 all!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

its set at 0.5%' date=' which means if you play solid poker within your bankroll you should never go bust - this is for statistical analysis with the emphasis being on the first four letter of analysis......[/quote'] THis is an old post, but I just wanted to make a clarification here... just because you have little to no chance of going bust does not necessarily mean that you will end in profit. There is a distinction. -SilkBC

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi All If you play STT's/SNG's or whatever other TLA you use there is a fantastic spreadsheet here http://www.bluefeetpoker.com/2p2SNGspreadsheet.zip Okay how to use it first off you need Excel (I did say this was a beginners guide) second off you will be asked about macro's - you need to enable them for it to work (don't worry it is not virus corrupted) - if you don't then just delete it now as it is 11meg of shite sitting on your desktop ;) Okay we have it open now, loads of tabs at the bottom, click on SNG1, this is our first table buy-in - each SNG sheet is for different buy-ins - this is important you can't mix $5 buy-ins with $10 buy-ins on the same tab - OK! right I am talking cell references now, so A1 is top left hand cell. in B5 you see base buy in - you input into D5 the cost of the tourny so 5 for a $5 tourney, next is the vigourish - this is the juice/tax/fee, so for $5 this is probably 50c, so in goes .50, next number of players in D7 (now look in cells I4-I8 and the figures have changed If you are playing short tables then you will need to change D8 to correct places paid - you will also need to change cells G4 - G8 (so a five table on sporting pays 70%/30%) - again input 70 and 30 and 0 and the payout changes Okay so you have now input the first SNG buy-in - click on the MONEY tab (you can circle through the tabs by using the arrows in the bottom left hand corner of the spreadsheet) you will see that in cell B3 there is Jan 1, change it to 'todays' date e.g 10/6/6 then input starting bankroll in C3 e.g. 212.33. If you look in cell L3 you notice you are already $5.50 down - don't worry, after you play your first game that will sort itself out. The rest of MONEY is fairly self explanatory you DO NOT input into any other the other cells in the L column you will balls up your sheet!! Right back to SNG 1 - right click on the SNG1 tab at the bottom of the sheet select 'rename' (left click) and type in the buy in ($5 STT) - go back to MONEY and the SNG1 title is now $5 STT - this is IMPORTANT if you play multiple buy-in tourneys as you will see when we get to playing them...... If you play other buy ins, then select the next SNG tab, and do the same as above Okay you have done all this (it sounds complicated but isn't) and are now ready to play you first $5 STT - when the table loads on your site click on the already opened spreadsheet (ALWAYS boot your spreadsheet first as it takes a few seconds to load) and click on ANY SNG buy in tab (it makes no difference) you will see in cells K3-K5 a big button that says START RECORDING TOURNAMENTS click on this and a pop up box appears with a selection of options - these are the names of each tab, which is WHY you have renamed them - select the tourny you are playing and the spreadsheet kicks in (this is the macro working and is why it NEEDS TO BE ENABLED) you play the tourny and at some point you are finished - go back to the spreadsheet and the pop up box has a box at the top saying END EXISTING, if you are only playing one tourney, only one buy in is showing and, click END EXISTING and a box appears saying ENTER PLACE YOU FINISHED, type the number (hopefully 1) and it closes - you can at this point click EXIT on the pop-up box and the spreadsheet will calculate your place (see bottom left hand corner, you see it 'calculating cells') and on the $5 STT tab it has filled in row 13 with date, day, time, duration and finish - and the MONEY tab will also update as well showing profit/loss from that tourney. Ok - if you have 2 tourneys running and one finishes, you hit the END EXISTING button and it asks you for which tourny out of 8 you want to finish - you will need to remember which one it is - how I do it is table no 1 is positioned at the top left of my monitor, table 2 top right, table 3 bottom left etc so I know what table is finished - so type the tourny number and then you get the FINISHING POSITION box, type your position and carry on playing - DO NOT EXIT the program yet - do that after all the tourneys are finished. After EXIT it calculates all the games and changes the spreadsheet Have you got all this? - great, don't worry about anything else at the minute - will post how to manually input other details on the extra tab later, and also about adding notes during play, and what the STATS tabs show Lesson 1 finished:clap :clap :clap Any questions then just ask:ok Cheers Damo :cheers
Will this spreadsheet work with open office?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...