** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

random hand history from the $109

robilaruk

Hi folks going to post a few HH for you to critique will give my reasons for my play after you have had time to bash me errr consider my play ;) Damo :cheers Hand #339129264 at table: 5 Player $100 NL Started: Thu Jun 22 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />14:53:11 2006 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

alvaroadv is at seat 1 with 2015.00 Winmachine is at seat 2 with 1475.00 hero is at seat 3 with 1760.00 Bluff Face is at seat 4 with 2720.00 casps is at seat 5 with 1985.00

alvaroadv posts the large blind 30.00 casps posts the small blind 15.00

casps: --, -- alvaroadv: --, -- Winmachine: --, -- hero: 9d, 10h Bluff Face: --, --

Pre-flop:

Winmachine: Fold hero: Call 30.00 Bluff Face: Fold casps: Call 30.00 alvaroadv: Check

Flop (Board: 3d, Jc, 7d):

casps: Bet 90.00 alvaroadv: Fold hero: Call 90.00

Turn (Board: 3d, Jc, 7d, Qs):

casps: Bet 120.00 hero: Call 120.00

River (Board: 3d, Jc, 7d, Qs, 5h):

casps: Bet 120.00 hero: Raise 420.00 casps: Fold

hero wins the pot of 750.00 by default

Re: random hand history from the $109 first answer, I had been folding everything bar one hand since the start, and everyone had been limping, so I believed I had a chance to see a cheap flop with playable cards that might turn into something second answer - well that will have to wait to see if anyone else has a point :) Damo :cheers ps your are right, not my usual PF play at all, but even i can't always play ABC poker ;)

Hmmmm... I am not quite sure why you paid to see the flop with those cards, nor why you called a raise when you were seemingly beaten. nice result tho :):nana :cheers

Re: random hand history from the $109 why I called the flop bet having been folding from hand 2 which I lost I had seen nearly 5 mins (blinds have just gone up) of limp PF calls from the other 4 and then pot bets on the flop winning it. every time casps was first to act or it was checked to him he bet the pot (regardless of the flop or position) which suggests to me he is buying a few (good lad :clap ) so with position and with a gutshot draw I chose to call - he may have had a Jack, but with his standard bet I don't think he had ( I would have expected a bet of 150-210 or so with a weak J), he may have a 3 or 7 or a draw (str or flush) , but not a Jack, so as well as the 4 8's, I have 3 9's and 3 10's to help me. Turn, well I now have an OESD and have added 4 more outs to my tally (Kings) giving me 14 outs if he has a low pair, which means I am just over 3/1 to hit. Villain bets 120 into a 270 pot, so it is 390/120, just over 3-1 for me to call - so easy call then river bet - I can only win now with a bluff and villain bets 120 again - this to me is a weak stopping bet which means I have missed my draws and hope you have too, so you will fold please or I still only have my 3 or 7 so please just fold (preferably) or call and don't raise me please (OMG no RAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!) He bets because if he doesn't and I do he must fold, (I would be making a 2/3 pot bet here). This is a desperate blind tunnel bet where he has no idea what I have and is hoping to stop the action, (and is prepared to lose another 120 chips to my 'J10 limp') Okay so how much to raise min raise and he calls with his 3 or 7 given the pot odds I am supplying - so thats a no no overraise 3/4 times (so 400-600 chips) - if he does have a hand I am spewing chips needlessly so a raise of about 2 times is in order, and I chose the amount very carefully - exactly 300 more - a 'round' large number that is not nice to see - its a bit of pyschology in action, people don't like whole amounts (500/1000 etc) and in my experience are more likely to fold, if its 270 they are more likely to call (a bit like buying something for £9.99 as it is less than a tenner......:eyes ) and I am using my tight image (if he has been paying attention!) and the fact I just called flop and turn from an EP PF limp. I will let his fevered mind work out what I would limp call with from EP QJ, Q10, J10 J9 are reasonable guesses - prolly not KQ or KJ as they are good raising hands - so hands that have chances but are not good enough to raise with. he looks at his 3, sees 2 calls from me and a raise of 300 exactly and folds quick tip, next time you have a monster and raise, don't raise a 'round number, choose something like 270 (in this instance) as people will call, don't raise 300 or 600 as they prolly wont (depending on the board etc) Just a thought Hope this explains my odd play and the thinking behind it Damo (giving away all his secrets and is beginning to think he will regret it :lol )