** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Would you shove this with a short stack?

robilaruk

Would you shove this with a short stack?  

1. 1.

• shove knowing he will call with any two
    • fold as you know he will call with any two
    • call and shove the flop hoping he missed it?

You have taken a bad beat 4 hands ago and haven't had the cards to shove with your short stack The (massive) tourny leader arrives on the BB during the last hand and you pick this up on the button Do you shove, knowing he will call with any two? Damo monzo is at seat 1 with 35602.00 Houen is at seat 2 with 26922.00 HERO is at seat 3 with 3630.00 Maisteri is at seat 4 with 5090.00 VILLIAN is at seat 5 with 60640.00 soren691 is at seat 6 with 26447.00 IZURRAI is at seat 7 with 8855.00 janetlove is at seat 8 with 9256.00 lenti is at seat 10 with 15745.00 posts the large blind 1000.00 Maisteri posts the small blind 500.00 Maisteri: --, -- Avsaknad: --, -- soren691: --, -- IZURRAI: --, -- janetlove: --, -- lenti: --, -- monzo: --, -- Houen: --, -- HERO: Ah, 6c

Re: Would you shove this with a short stack? Nope, I think when I'm in shoving mode, and you know that you will get called I personally would rather not have an A (unless the kicker is J/Q/K). OK, although I may be slightly ahead against 2 random cards, say 79 if any of their cards hit I'm only on 1 out - the A. Another thing is if I get additional callers, it will be by someone with a stronger A, such as those listed above, again leaving me only one out. Ideally I'll shove with K or Q, with an 8 kicker minimum. I just don't like weak A's like the one in the example. :ok

Re: Would you shove this with a short stack?

Nope, I think when I'm in shoving mode, and you know that you will get called I personally would rather not have an A (unless the kicker is J/Q/K). OK, although I may be slightly ahead against 2 random cards, say 79 if any of their cards hit I'm only on 1 out - the A. Another thing is if I get additional callers, it will be by someone with a stronger A, such as those listed above, again leaving me only one out. Ideally I'll shove with K or Q, with an 8 kicker minimum. I just don't like weak A's like the one in the example. :ok
I think you need to take a chance when you're down to less than 4BB, fair enough he might have an A but if he doesn't you're ahead from the off and he has to land one of his 6 outs to beat you. I'd shove that every time.

Re: Would you shove this with a short stack? For the fans of Harrington - complete no brainer!!!! Your M is about 2.5, the blinds will hit you in a couple of hands - you are in a dire situation!!! You shove with almost any 2 cards!!! The fact that you have an A is a HUGE bonus and IMO makes it easy. You have an opponent that you believe will call with anything? That's not catastrophic - your hand is a top 30% hand against one other random hand heads up!!! If he calls with any 2 cards? so be it!!!! Once the blinds have hit you again, you will end up with half the table calling you with almost anything!!!!!! You wont get many better situations than this......

Re: Would you shove this with a short stack? best clear things up - I am on the button so the blinds are miles away from me at the mo and yes it was folded to me a interested because the tourny leader has 20X my chips and after paying the BB only needs t 0put in another 2K or so (out of 60) to call, so is getting the correct odds to call with any two I ran this through pokerstove any one want to have a guess how far I am ahead against any random 2? Damo

best clear things up - I am on the button so the blinds are miles away from me at the mo and yes it was folded to me a interested because the tourny leader has 20X my chips and after paying the BB only needs t 0put in another 2K or so (out of 60) to call, so is getting the correct odds to call with any two I ran this through pokerstove any one want to have a guess how far I am ahead against any random 2? Damo
You seem to be missing one key factor! If you hold any ace in internet poker you automatically have the nuts and will not be beaten at any cost. You need to move all in lol :D

:lol :lol You play on Boss Media a lot then, Walty? :lol
No i have found Boss media to be honest Its riverstars which screws me more than a hooker!! However Full Tilt is the way forward its the only site you have to EARN a place in a MTT. Live games are so much better and you learn more

Re: Would you shove this with a short stack? you need to try the £10 rebuy tourny in Leicester every wednesday night then you learn to either to bring 8+ buy-ins with you or play ultra tight and just shove all in if you fancy your hand and hope the three callers don't out draw you...... Damo

No i have found Boss media to be honest Live games are so much better and you learn more