Mlb 5/6

League: MLB Event: New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox Selection: Boston Red Sox Strength: 10/10 Date: 05/06/2006 Bookmaker: Betfair Odds: 2.18 Bitter rivals the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees meet in New York tonight in Game 1 of a 4 game series. Josh Beckett is tonight's starter for Boston, while Mike Mussina starts for New York. My pick is for the Boston Red Sox. Josh Beckett has had success at Yankee Stadium in his still young career. Some people excel in the bright lights of New York and some people flounder. Beckett appears to like pitching in New York. He pitched the World Series clincher when he was with Florida in 2003. In that game he pitched a 5 hit shutout against the mighty Bronx Bombers. He had another start at Yankee Stadium this year and won that game as well. He pitched 7 innings and gave up 3 Runs and 6 hits in a 14-3 drubbing of the Yanks. I like his track record at Yankee Stadium. New York is really ailing right now to boot. Hideki Matsui and Gary Sheffield will not play tonight due to injuries. As well, Jason Giambi is questionable with a stomach flu and Derek Jeter & Alex Rodriguez will likely play with minor injuries. This is not a full strength Yankees squad.

Re: Mlb 5/6 League: MLB Event: Milwaukee Brewers vs San Diego Padres Selection: San Diego Padres Strength: 10/10 Date: 05/06/2006 Bookmaker: Betfair Odds: 2.28 The struggling Milwaukee Brewers welcome the San Diego Padres to Miller Park for the 1st game of a 4 game series. Clay Hensley is the starter for San Diego, while Chris Capuano goes for Milwaukee. My pick is for the San Diego Padres. The Brew Crew is on a cold streak. They have lost their last 8 games. They have recently been swept by such powerhouses (not) as the Pittsburgh Pirates (4 games) and the Washington Nationals (3 games). Clay Hensley is pitching well for San Diego. His last 2 starts have been wins. On May 26th he pitched 8 innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, giving up only 1 run and 5 hits. Then on May 31st he pitched 6 innings against Colorado and gave up 2 runs and 8 hits. I like Hensley's recent form in factoring in my decision for tonight's game. That, and the Brewers losing streak equals my lean towards the Padres as an underdog in tonight's game.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.