Mlb 25-5

Hope you all don't mind me starting the thread for todays MLB action. Wanted to get my plays up before I headed to bed. -----------------------------------------------------------------------

SportMLB
EventPhiladelphia (Myers) at Mets (Gonzalez)
SelectionPhiladelphia (Myers)
Strength7/10
Date25/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceOlympic Sports @ 1.68 (Back)
ReasoningBrett Myers (2-2, 2.75 ERA) takes the mound for the Phillies facing a Mets team earlier in the month he pitched great against. He pitched 8 innings and only gave up 2 ER in a no decision. He actually outpitched Pedro Martinez in that game and was unlucky to not get the win (though the team did win). Last year at Shea Stadium, Myers was 2-0 with a 1.93 ERA in 2 games started. Myers is coming off his worst start of the year against Boston but 4 of the 6 runs he gave up in that game were unearned. The majority of the other games he has pitched this year he has been very good and I expect him to rebound in this game. Jeremi Gonzalez (0-0, 10.13 ERA) takes the mound for the Mets. Gonzalez was a highly touted prospect in the late 90's for the Cubs but after suffering a serious shoulder injury in 1998 it took him many years of rehab to come back in 2003. He came back strong in 2003 for the Devil Rays but ever since he has been declining more and more each year and is not even close to the same caliber pitcher he once was. The only reason Gonzalez is pitching for the Mets instead of in the minor leagues is because of their pitcher injuries and they are hard up to find anyone that can start right now. The Phillies can't afford to be swept by the Mets. Its still early in the season but anytime you give away 3 games to the team you will have to chase to win the division its never good. With this pitching mismatch they need to get the win and avoid the sweep and I think they can do that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
SportMLB
EventBaltimore (Lopez) at Seattle (Meche)
SelectionSeattle (Meche)
Strength7/10
Date25/05/2006
Bookmaker/PriceOlympic Sports @ 1.69 (Back)
ReasoningRodrigo Lopez (1-7, 8.07 ERA) takes the mound and has still yet to pitch a decent game this year. In Lopez's last 3 starts he has given up 20 ER in 15.1 innings. Baltimore are only 3-7 in Lopez's starts this year and 0-3 in his road starts. Lopez faced the Mariners last month at Camden in a losing effort giving up 4 ER in 6 innings. Gil Meche (4-2, 4.64 ERA) starts for Seattle. At home this year Meche is 3-1 with a 2.42 ERA. Meche also started last month against Baltimore in a loss giving up 4 runs (only 2 earned) in 5 innings. I'm going to keep fading Lopez until he actually comes out and pitches 1 decent game. Meche has been very good at home so far this year and I can see him having a better outing against the Orioles with hopefully no more unearned runs. He should definately get more run support in this game then he had in his previous outing against the Orioles. Seattle is playing better baseball of late. They have won 5 of their last 6 games with last nights win and can win their 2nd series in a row with a win Thursday afternoon against Baltimore. If Seattle is able to hit up Lopez like everyone else has been doing (even them last month) and Meche is able to keep the good pitching going at home, they have a great chance to get the win. And I think that will happen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------- GL everyone today :cow

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.