** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Sporting's STT League Part Deux

robilaruk

well the link is up for the next leg - this time with a few changes its profit now, not winnings (winnings minus buy-ins) - so the amount of games you play has less bearing on the table, its more about quality (which means I am still FCUK'd against Pene, Hobbo etc etc etc.... :eyes ) Better way of doing it IMHO - so who's up for another two weeks of pain and misery? :lol :lol :lol Damo :cheers

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Sporting's STT League Part Deux I really don't know... if I am going to play... :unsure ... if I am... it would be for 1 reason only.... To prove that I didn't win the first one JUST because I was playing a lot... ... as some people imply... ;) :tongue2

Re: Sporting's STT League Part Deux

Fck Sporting Odds And All Who Work There!
but yeah if i just played for 2 weeks for jack shit they can stick it up there AHOLES!
Guys - aren't you being a touch unfair here? It's not as if they've changed it after the event or anything - the web site always had the prize structure listed like that.......... I agree it's a strange structure - but surely you should have chosen not to participate at the beginning if you didn't like it, rather than complain afterwards?

Re: Sporting's STT League Part Deux GaF, you are right.... But I can understand their frustration... I saw the prize structure at the website long ago, and my only thoughts about it was that it was an obvious mistake on their part, SO. Had I known it was actually the right prize structure I would have never played in it... And that is kind of misleading people... IMO...

Re: Sporting's STT League Part Deux it is disapointing to know that we are not as one with this situation GAF, surely as someone who finished in the mickey mouse placings (12th) you would be behind the unfortunate ones. Morls and mo obviously feel strongly about this - maybe they shouldn't use that sort of tone but it would be nice to know 'we are all singing from the same song sheet' and surely you must have some pull with SO and Joe? The placings are a farce and yet SO got a lot of moeny out of people that would have played possibly on other sites rather than playing short handed games all the time, maybe you could put this point across

it is disapointing to know that we are not as one with this situation GAF, surely as someone who finished in the mickey mouse placings (12th) you would be behind the unfortunate ones. Morls and mo obviously feel strongly about this - maybe they shouldn't use that sort of tone but it would be nice to know 'we are all singing from the same song sheet' and surely you must have some pull with SO and Joe? The placings are a farce and yet SO got a lot of moeny out of people that would have played possibly on other sites rather than playing short handed games all the time, maybe you could put this point across
Elm, Joe Legge from SO is a very reasonable and sensible man... Not only semi-gods like GaF can talk to him.... :tongue2 I have had loads of e-mail contact with him. Mail him with your points and see where he stands... :ok

Re: Sporting's STT League Part Deux yeah fair enough maybe too harsh but, to get nothing for 8th when someone wins for getting 20th???????????????????????????? its just so misleading who in there right mind would have believed that structure even if it was staring us in the face to me i figured 5th to 10th got the same amount and to keep playing so much to keep in top 10 for nothing is (understatement of the year) very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Sporting's STT League Part Deux New rules make 1st place MUCH more valuable than 2nd. Before: 1st place got $17.50 winnings, 2nd place $7.50 (so 1st place = 2 1/3 times as much as 2nd place, or 7 2nds = 3 1sts.) Now: 1st place make $12 profit, 2nd place $2 profit (so 1st place = 6 2nds!!) Might have to change my tactics a bit...

yeah fair enough maybe too harsh but, to get nothing for 8th when someone wins for getting 20th???????????????????????????? its just so misleading who in there right mind would have believed that structure even if it was staring us in the face to me i figured 5th to 10th got the same amount and to keep playing so much to keep in top 10 for nothing is (understatement of the year) very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im with Mo on this Thats how i read the prize structure too If it had stated....ONLY THESE POSITIONS WILL WIN PAYOUTS...then would any of you have played it? Im sorry for ranting and getting over the top at times, but to me its complete and utter tripe and i aint happy

Re: Sporting's STT League Part Deux what are you lot on about? the prize structure for the top 20 players is/was self explanatory why all the bitching? I am really confused by this - r u saying that to finish 8th u win nowt and 20th $10, in the old system? re calculating the places - there is still $10 between 1st and second, however it now rewards first place more in real terms than before (+12 and +2) - which IMO is a much better system, and it does have an effect on those who play more games - the result should be based on profit made, not on BR and multi-tabling it for 8 hours/day - as those with time will still have a better chance to move up the ladder if they calculate for each individual game - i.e. $12 profit for a win, but if they calculate ALL losses (i.e. every buy-in) into the totals then this makes it REALLY interesting and more balanced - would be interested to know if this is the case Damo

Im with Mo on this Thats how i read the prize structure too If it had stated....ONLY THESE POSITIONS WILL WIN PAYOUTS...then would any of you have played it? Im sorry for ranting and getting over the top at times, but to me its complete and utter tripe and i aint happy

Re: Sporting's STT League Part Deux rob yes old system i got 8th for$0 and 25th gets $10 dont get me started , however its all sorted now on the plus side bored sfter Cl bad beat grrrrr i plyed 2 stts won 2 woo hoo darent play anymore lol oh and i agree new sytem makes it far better for skill rather than time/bankroll (and Pen that is in no way a slur on you as i know your much better player than me, cos i know this was pointed at you at some point, just mean in general)

(and Pen that is in no way a slur on you as i know your much better player than me, cos i know this was pointed at you at some point, just mean in general)
Non taken... and I won't play this round... I officially now hate short handed stt's :)

what are you lot on about? the prize structure for the top 20 players is/was self explanatory why all the bitching? I am really confused by this - r u saying that to finish 8th u win nowt and 20th $10, in the old system? Damo
yes damo that was the system in place for payouts 6th got 0 11th got $50 12th got 0 18th got $10 etc thats why all the bitching, for the time and effort put in, only to be screwed by a dodgy payout system....but as said, this has all been sorted now, thanks to Pene and Joe Legge. Good luck whoever plays in this one!

Re: Sporting's STT League Part Deux STT League Top 20 - Last Updated Midnight 16th May

PositionNicknameProfit
1stdjuju1 $29
2ndmoFace3 $24
3rdKing Volca $18.50
4throbilaruk $12
4thJammy Jeff $12
4thbig mur $12
4thmorano7 $12
4thYodantine $12
9thesso1 $11.50
10thhadal $6.50
10thbigearl1 $6.50
10thJonnyJJ $6.50
10thValieann $6.50
14thjacksonjon $4
14thpootle100 $4
16thelmcroft $2
16thmrtoffee $2
16thwoolfman $2
16thflump $2
16thdevious1 $2
weeeeeeeeee in 2nd after 2 games lol! (Hint choose your games wisely :) )

Re: Sporting's STT League Part Deux For the remainder of May (15th - 31st inc) there will be another STT League but with a couple of changes. * League positions will be calculated on total profit (winnings minus buy-in) on the table during the 17 days. * The prize pool will now be spread across the whole of the top 20. The 5 handed $5 table can be found in the 'Single Tourney' section of the SportingOdds Poker Room and there will always just be seat waiting for you. Go to the Poker Room now and start to rise up the table! 1st Place = $750 2nd Place = $500 3rd Place = $250 4th Place = $125 5th Place = $50 6-10th Place = $25 11th-20th Place = $10

Re: Sporting's STT League Part Deux Just had an email from Joe

PositionNicknameProfit
1stesso1 $92.50
2ndjacksonjon $58.50
3rdcsendi $39
4thdjuju1 $25
5thscubasue $24
6threggie16 $22.50
6thTheQuig $22.50
8thelmcroft $22
9thCRITTER7 $19.50
10thMr.Bj1 $14
11throbilaruk $13
12thG0lden1 $12.50
13thJammy Jeff $12
13thbizarro $12
13thRUSS007 $12
13thtrevski99 $12
13thTrela $12
13thpoppy22 $12
13thsnakeass $12
13thYodantine $12
If you are not in the top 20 just e-mail [email protected] with your poker room nickname to find out your position. Prizes 1st Place = $750 2nd Place = $500 3rd Place = $250 4th Place = $125 5th Place = $50 6-10th Place = $25 11th-20th Place = $10 and just played 2 today and won 2 :dude

Re: Sporting's STT League Part Deux whats going on with thiss stt league. nobody wants to play. why dont we get a 5 person syndicate, share prize money/profits and just keep playing these?????????? 4 other ppl interested? decent prize money, i reckon we'd be on a banker to make a NICE PROFIT. $1600 prize money, if we play loads of games and share winnings? am i mad??????? devil t:D

whats going on with thiss stt league. nobody wants to play. why dont we get a 5 person syndicate, share prize money/profits and just keep playing these?????????? 4 other ppl interested? decent prize money, i reckon we'd be on a banker to make a NICE PROFIT. $1600 prize money, if we play loads of games and share winnings? am i mad??????? devil t:D
Sorry mate - that's not the way we play on PL. It is collusion, it is cheating, it is spoiling the promotion and I hope anyone that does it gets caught!!! Joe Legge is pretty hot on things like this - I imagine he looks at the record of the big winners and I would expect someone doing this to get caught!!!!

whats going on with thiss stt league. nobody wants to play. why dont we get a 5 person syndicate, share prize money/profits and just keep playing these?????????? 4 other ppl interested? decent prize money, i reckon we'd be on a banker to make a NICE PROFIT. $1600 prize money, if we play loads of games and share winnings? am i mad??????? devil t:D
I would never participate in something like that... ever....