some advice please...

Bruise Pristene

some advice please...  

1. 1.

• Yes, you mug!
    • Maybe, give it a bit more
    • I don't think so, you just need to learn how to play
    • No, your luck will change (or No, come and play on my table and call my raises ;-)

... i need to know whether its time to call it a day Been trying to get into poker properly, playing at a mix of £0.15/£0.25 tables and the odd £1 over the last 4 months or so playing at these limits, i must be down at least £150 maybe more but daren't add it all up. At these limits its a fortune i think, but a fortune anyway. There's even bills I cant really pay no becuase of it! I've been playing tight, not playing stupid hands, been reading all the tips on web i can find and will only move chips in with something substantial, not spunking it away on silly gut shots. but I keep getting beat by people making what i would call "stupid" bets that work out for them. Example: just played on a table, got given AKsuited(hearts), player acting UTG raised about 10 times BB so called, everyone folded, out comes AcAs6d. At this point he goes all in, so I have to call given my hand (as only way he dominates is with A6, or 66), he turns over 5d Jd (ie nothing), turn brings 2d, river brings 8d and he beats me with a flush :puke this hand is just typical of so many, you could argue that I should have raised instead of call, but he prob would have still gone all in. The dilemma i have is this, really can't afford to move up blind limits to get rid of all these people that don't play the game properly, but also can't affors to lose as much as I am. As I'm playing tight and not many hands, when I do get one like this and play, and end up in this situation, I've just waited 20mins to pass all my chips to someone I know you will all say that in the long run they will lose his money playing like that, but that doesn't help me, because my bank roll can't absorb enough loses until i meet the same players again, plus they take my chips and will lose them to someone else, leaving me still broke!! I thought when I started playing poker it would take a bit of a loss to learn games and play properly, but I just feel I'm getting nowhere. What i dont understand is this, I would consider myself a clever bloke, who's good at maths and probability yet I must be shite at poker to lose so much, and I don't under stand why ! :lol so do i call it a day and shut my poker accounts, or perservere hoping luck will even itself out before I have to file for bankruptcy??

Re: some advice please... if any gambling poker or otherwise gets in the way of your ability to function and pay bills then stop. if it's not, then don't close the accounts, play soem freerolls, try and win soem money for nothing, then go into the low level STT's. Aviod cash games, until you have real money behind you

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.