Does anyone else make this mistake?

PAULM03

Just been playing an STT, down to last 4 and get dealt AA. Player before me has 1/4 of my stack and goes all-in. This is where I make my mistake - I call his all-in instead of going all-in myself:wall:wall As a result the player to my left (slightly shorter stacked than me) calls him too. Flop comes 2s 2c 7s so I go all in and am called by As 9s, needless to say his flush lands leaving me with 2BB. I've done this a few times now (not always with disastrous consquences):wall

Re: Does anyone else make this mistake?

Just been playing an STT, down to last 4 and get dealt AA. Player before me has 1/4 of my stack and goes all-in. This is where I make my mistake - I call his all-in instead of going all-in myself:wall:wall As a result the player to my left (slightly shorter stacked than me) calls him too. Flop comes 2s 2c 7s so I go all in and am called by As 9s, needless to say his flush lands leaving me with 2BB. I've done this a few times now (not always with disastrous consquences):wall
You're spot on IMO... it is a mistake... you don't want to fight off 2 people on the bubble with AA... but sometimes you win it anyway and win a lot of chips... Always difficult to play AA KK etc... If you bet hard, you won't get that many chips... if you slowplay you risk getting whipped badly... In a mtt I would have slowplayed... in a stt... all in... ...because in a stt it is not about creating a comfy stack... it's about surviving... :ok good luck in your next

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.