Mlb 8/5

Minnesota Twins @ Texas Rangers Rangers -1.5 2.31 7 units MIN: RHP Brad Radke (3-3, 7.29 ERA) TEX: LHP John Koronka (3-1, 3.55 ERA) Rangers suffered 3 straight losses at home to Yankees and saw their lead in AL West shrink to a half game over Oakland. Texas didn't play bad at all, but pitchers had some problems and clutch hits with on men on base situations were scarse. This will be very important 3 game series for the Rangers, who will have a really tough road trip ahead of them after these games:. next 10 games at BOS, NYY and HOU. They really have to get some wins now. Todays matchup looks fine. John Koronka has been one of their best pitchers this season. Last game he pitched into the ninth inning against Baltimore allowing only one run, but got a no-decision in a game Rangers ended up winning 2-1. He has never faced Minnesota in his career. Minnesota starter Brad Radke has struggled with his command most of the season and his 7.29 ERA shows it. against the Rangers, Radke is a career 5-9 with a 4.53 ERA. Basically, i like the -1.5 runline for the Rangers here as the batting power and home park is an obvious advantage for them. Minnesotas batting game is below average and they need a great game from pitchers most of the time to have a shot of winning. I don't think Radke is yet on top of his game and i expect Texas to blow out some frustrations from the lost series with Yankees on him. Odds are really playable imo. Throwing 7 units on this one. Cleveland Indians @ Kansas City Royals Royals 2.86 (Mansion) 3 units CLE: RHP Paul Byrd (4-2, 7.11 ERA) KC: RHP Denny Bautista (0-1, 4.09 ERA) Smaller bet on my dog of the day. Odds looking too big for Kansas who has played pretty good last few games. They had 2 very good games at Chicago against the Sox winning one and was really unlucky to lose yesterdays game by one run. Last time these teams met a couple of weeks ago at kansas, Royals won 2/3, outscoring Indians 21-12. Kansas while being the worst team in the AL, has been much better at home than on road, winning 2/3 earlier from CWS also and boasts a home record of 5-8. They had a long losing streak but are playing much better lately. Cleveland has all the batting power, but they have not looked that great offensively in last 2 games, managing only 3 combined runs in those two at Seattle. Travis Haffner has suffered from Viral infection with flu like symptoms, but played yesterday and is expected to play also today. Kansas Started Denny Bautista is a young hard throwing right hander who has looked quite ok this season. He has pitched against CWS and NYY this season, and allowed sox to score 1 and Yankees 4 in 6 frames of work in both games. Cleveland starter Byrd is a good finesse pitcher, but has a habit of giving out a lot of hits often. He is good getting out of jams but has had his share of trouble this season as his 7.11 ERA shows. Ofcourse, Indians batting is amazing and on a good day they will simply kill right handed pitchers, but i feel these odds are worth a shot. Kauffman stadium in Kansas is more of a pitchers ballpark and homeruns are not that easy to hit there. Small 3 unit play on Royals for me here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.