** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Your Live Game Experiences?

Sir Puntalot

Thought it might be good to hear how everyone is getting on playing live as well as online. ;) Me and Jeffers just got back from the Gutshot where we went in the £20 freezeout. Both me and Jeffers have only played live about 5 times and very spread out, so the nerves are still there but I reckon playing another 2 and I'll be relaxed as I usually am, but obviously you need to keep playing them after that or the nerves return. ;) Anyway, I finished around 30th (Jeffers about 40th) out of 65. I was slightly short stacked, but shorter stack went all in with what I presumed was A or K high, then small blind goes in too (another short stack) and I'm holding TT. After a bit of deliberation, I decide it's a chance to accumulate some chips and I have a decent hand. Short stack turns over K8 and small blind (also short) shows rockets, K8 wins the pot with 2 pair in the end. Overall - The whole dealing and shuffling thing completely disorientated me and even when I held QQ, I was all over the place and didn't feel focused as I was dealing that hand. Will take a bit of getting used to, but I enjoyed it anyway. :loon Give us your live experiences in this thread too. :ok

Re: Your Live Game Experiences? like i said on a different thread,the first time i played in a proper tourney i was the dealer and i was all in with pocket threes and a three on the flop.i had two callers who then started betting on the sidepot.when i had finished dealing i went to retrive what would have been my winning hand when i realised i had set the deck on top of them.:$:$:$:wall:wall:wall.this move knocked me out of the tourney but it didnt stop me going down and trying my luck a few weeks later.what a muppet i was:rollin:rollin:rollin

Re: Your Live Game Experiences? I once had to deal for a guy who went to the toilet..... I had to re-deal 3 times as I kept getting the order wrong.... In the end, the guy came back and dealt it himself :-) I have found however that I am a lot more relaxed playing live but this is not a good thing. Granted that the players are not top class but I feel that my relaxed mood has given quite a few tells away. This is something I'm seriously gonna work on.

Re: Your Live Game Experiences? Although not done by me, one of my first times down a guy started to deal everyone 5 cards, he was half way round dealing the 3rd one when someone cottoned on.:lol. That helped ease the nerves abit. I have only been maybe 3, 4 times and i get nervious everytime, and i think its cause i have to deal. Been lucky that everyone at the tables i have been on are dead on, as i have heard stories of experienced players shouting and getting pissed off at new players:@ Hey Ovalman u play at Yorkgate?

Re: Your Live Game Experiences?

Although not done by me, one of my first times down a guy started to deal everyone 5 cards, he was half way round dealing the 3rd one when someone cottoned on.:lol. That helped ease the nerves abit. I have only been maybe 3, 4 times and i get nervious everytime, and i think its cause i have to deal. Been lucky that everyone at the tables i have been on are dead on, as i have heard stories of experienced players shouting and getting pissed off at new players:@ Hey Ovalman u play at Yorkgate?
bet that was you:dude

I would admit it if it was, it was that time the guy got the 4 4s and stood up and shouted "yeah the babies". Remember that tw*t, nothing like winning a hand graciously.
ive never wanted to take a chainsaw to someone more in my life:spank:spank:spank:spank:spank

Although not done by me, one of my first times down a guy started to deal everyone 5 cards, he was half way round dealing the 3rd one when someone cottoned on.:lol. That helped ease the nerves abit. I have only been maybe 3, 4 times and i get nervious everytime, and i think its cause i have to deal. Been lucky that everyone at the tables i have been on are dead on, as i have heard stories of experienced players shouting and getting pissed off at new players:@ Hey Ovalman u play at Yorkgate?
I've only played the £10 once and I didn't enjoy it. Guy to my left was an all in maniac and cost me loads. I played the £10 rebuy and it was a crapshoot, cost me £50. My AA busted by A2 scared me off (just ike GaF's quote, I wanted to punch his face in !!!!) I'll go again at some stage but I normally play in the East Belfast Constitutional Club on the Newtownards Road who hold a £5 rebuy tournament evey Friday and Sunday. If you or anyone else are interested drop me a line.

I'll go again at some stage but I normally play in the East Belfast Constitutional Club on the Newtownards Road who hold a £5 rebuy tournament evey Friday and Sunday. If you or anyone else are interested drop me a line.
Cool, Iam currently in Leicester at the mo, but home in June. R lisburn Distillery Supporters allowed:lol

Re: Your Live Game Experiences? Was a good experience today tbh. The dealing, shuffling etc didn't bother me that much, just the "experience" of the players on the table put me into my shell if anything. Lasted an hour, getting no cards. Went all in AQ, called by A10 (pre-flop). He hit 6789 on Flop & river and I was back in the bar. :rollin That's poker :ok