To lay or not to lay... Could it be the key to success?

Today I dicovered an old formula I created in Excell a couple of years ago. I thougth I'd erased it due to formating the hardisk but today I accidentally stumblede across it. So, I decided to test it again on yesterdays results in Premier League and The Championship. Now, this formula show the most expected outcome in a match by using stats, etc. and the idea is to lay the "losing-team". Prognose: The number indicate the rating of the expected outcome. The higher the rating the bigger the chance for the outcome. If the outcome is negative the outcome is more likely to be an awaywin. Wich then might lead you to laying the hometeam. Result: The result of the match. Outcome: If the laying was successfull the outcome would be OK. If not it FAILED. Note: If you choose to use the ratings to BACK the winning-team instead of LAYING the losing-team, then you should only choose to back them when the rating is 1,500 or more (positiv or negative). Anyway, here's the result of analysing yesterdays matches and the prognose for todays matches: PREMIER LEAGUE: Tottenham - Man C Prognose: +1,029 Result: 2-1 Outcome: OK :loon Wigan - Birmingham Prognose: +0,408 Result: 1-1 Outcome: OK :loon Portsmouth - Blackburn Prognose: +0,036 Result: 2-2 Outcome: OK :loon Charlton - Everton Prognose: +0,250 Result: 0-0 Outcome: OK :loon Boro - Newcastle Prognose: +0,500 Result: Not played Outcome: N/A :hope Man Utd - Arsenal Prognose:+0,933 Result: Not played Outcome: N/A :hope Chelsea West Ham Prognose: +0,938 Result: Not played Outcome: N/A :hope Aston V - WBA Prognose: +0,346 Result: Not played Outcome: N/A :hope Liverpool - Bolton Prognose: +0,893 Result: Not played Outcome: N/A :hope ---------------------------- THE CHAMPIONSHIP: Brighton - Soton Prognose: +0,150 Result: 0-2 Outcome: FAILED :wall Burnley - QPR Prognose: +0,350 Result: 1-0 Outcome: OK :loon Cardiff - Reading Prognose: -0,150 Result: 2-5 Outcome: OK :loon Crewe - Sheff W Prognose: +0,150 Result: 2-0 Outcome: OK :loon Derby - Millwall Prognose: +0,350 Result: 1-0 Outcome: OK :loon Ipswich - Stoke Prognose: +0,200 Result: 1-4 Outcome: FAILED :wall Leeds - Plymouth Prognose: +0,750 Result: 0-0 Outcome: OK :loon Preston - Norwich Prognose: +0,600 Result: 2-0 Outcome: OK :loon Sheff Utd - Hull Prognose: +0,800 Result: 3-2 Outcome: OK :loon Wolves - Coventry Prognose: +0,650 Result: 2-2 Outcome: OK :loon Watford - Luton Prognose: +0,600 Result: Not played Outcome: N/A :hope The ratings presented here should only be used as pointers. I think you have to analyse the matches even further before placing a bet. The most important thing about this system is to find the matches not worthy for bets. Today I might not want to lay Arsenal and Bolton. The reason for this is because Man Utd have 8 games in a row with wins and I think that the might as well lose this one. Liverpool have 5 games in a row with only wins and I think that Bolton could win 1-0. Well, let's see how it goes. This is just another try-out-system so we can't possible say it's the key to succes. But you might as yourself if laying odds instead of backing them could bring more profit... N-H

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.