Announcements
** September Nap's Competition Result: 1st Boulder5111, 2nd Craig Bluenose, 3rd Barnsley Chop, 4th Zilzalian KO Cup: Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners: Waggy**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**

Lay the crappy New Manager markets

tbh, i'm sick to death of all the speculation surrounding the who'll be the new manager markets, so I'm gonna start a thread to look at laying the managers who get lumped on with 'that special information' that turns out to be a pile of shite. I'm convinced that the only people who make money here are the layers and the certain south coast premiership side directors, friends and families...alledgedly! I'll be using small stakes and will look at this as a long term experiment. I'll lay any manager whose odds seem stupidly short to me, especially after 'hot tip has led to bookies slashing prices...' crap. Most of the bets, if not all, will be odds on or just above evens and will leave it open to have multiple bets on the same market. I'm not looking at this overly seriously initially but if it looks promising.... Start Bank = 100 points Bets = 2 points 1st bet Next Sunderland Manager Lay Niall Quinn @ 2.4 - 2.8 points layed for a 2 point return.

• 3 months later...

Re: Lay the crappy New Manager markets good idea this is a system that will not fail.laying the latest manager who is "rumoured to be 1st choice for team X" is a gold mine. just look at the next sunderland market allaydarce backed down to 1.81 Martin o neill down to 2.42 Roy keane down to 2.75 :loon McLeish to 2.2 Curbishley went to evens Quinn went to 1.5 kerr went to 4.00 i would say a good system is lay the latest rumour guy at 2.00 or less,usually 5-6 go less than that,then as they drift back out close in for a profit, ive laid Big Sam at 5.2, i cant beleive people think he would leve a premiership club for crappy sunderland,he said he hasnt been approached,his agent said he is not going,the chairman said it is stupid to think he would leave bolotn to go to a chapionship club with no money, yet some people are still backing him,only out to 6.2 now, The backers in this market are idiots that will beleive any old crap they read in the newspapers,cant wait for the next sunderland fav

Re: Lay the crappy New Manager markets

This sound like a great idea. Where do you find the (latest) info about the rumours, etc? On the ordinary sportspages?
any of the sports internet/newspaper pages - once someone hears something that their mates, fathers, brothers, cousins dog heard off a pissed guy in the pub, these idiotic stories fly around like the black death with the gormless dead following every possiblity ;)

Re: Lay the crappy New Manager markets I think this could be a great system, and was planning something like this myself when the season starts. The Sunderland job has been up for a bit too long for me to get involved but the first manager to go in the season and I'm on. You could probably turn a profit by laying Martin O'Neil alone for every job in football! :rollin Think of the killing you could have made on the England job!

Re: Lay the crappy New Manager markets I agree with everyone else, this is a great idea ali. I made a bit by laying O'neill to be next Newcastle manager at 2.1. Unfortunatlely I laid half of it again on Roeder when he went evens. Still I made some profit, and had Roeder not got the job would have been laughing. Will follow this thread with interest.

ok' date=' now i have betfair back up and running will continue with this thread - have missed out on the value on allardyce as he's now back up to 5.0[/quote'] someone has matched the odds of 3.00 that i'd left on there :D Start Bank = 100 points Bets = 2 points outstanding bets 1st bet Next Sunderland Manager Lay Niall Quinn @ 2.4 - 2.8 points layed for a 2 point return. 2nd bet Next Sunderland Manager Lay sam allardyce @ 3.0 - 4 points layed for a 2 point return.

Re: Lay the crappy New Manager markets unreal with the next sunderland manager,i laid sam at 5.00, was expecting it to drift but it shortened,so i laid some more, he is a 4.5 lay now,was a lot shorter today for some weird reason. I dont understand people backing him,i think some people just look at whoever is the fav and think "well he is the fav so it must be him" :) Now David O Leary is a 3.35 lay after leaving AV,although id wait till he goes odds on to lay him,i could see him getting the job a lot more than Sam

Re: Lay the crappy New Manager markets O' neil can be layed for the villa job at 3.0 on betfair now!? who would be posting that up unless they knew something? Don't know if this is some kind of double bluff situation, but this price seems so ridiculous that I can't help thinking there must be something in it. Do I go with the obvious and lay O'neil again (why the f*ck would he go to Villa?) or is it TOO obvious? Thoughts anybody? (the 3.0 is now 3.8)

O' neil can be layed for the villa job at 3.0 on betfair now!? who would be posting that up unless they knew something?
O Dear i see this every time someones price drops, "the price is dropping!!!! Surely someone knows something!!!! it must be his mates!!!! they know it is him!!!!" Just lay!!!!! Lay all day!!!

Re: Lay the crappy New Manager markets interesting - i go away for a few days and the sunderland market becomes a bit cloudy. from the bbc http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/5212734.stm now i read this as quinn will be manger but will step down once a manager is appointed. so how does this market get settled? Is quinn now the manager, bets get settled (if so, why is the market still running) or will it be the manager they name when they name a 'proper manager'? Its all beyond me a bit - tbh, i was expecting my bets to be settled to show a small loss (recovered fom the sam allardyce lay) but the bets are still active. Quinn is currently 1.13 (was 1.10 when I started writing this post) - is this buying money or does no-one really know whats happening?

well' date=' betfair have now suspended the market, but bets yet to be resolved....[/quote'] Surely they have to settle him as the next manager? At the end of the day, he's said no-one good enough is interested in it, so he's gonna get them back into the prem and then find a new manager, but if he does well I'm sure they'll be plenty of people who want him to stay on.

Re: Lay the crappy New Manager markets Laying everyone below 3.0 has got to be a winner in the long run. I know someone that does this at the 2.0 market level but thats a bit too close to the mark for me. I got burned on this market when Hughes became manager of Blackburn (the inside track I received reported from a Blackburn Director that Advocaat had been verbally offered it and had accepted) - I lumped on and became toast, so anything I make back on this market will be gratefully received.

Re: Lay the crappy New Manager markets I've been matched overnight for Martin O'Niell @2.00 Start Bank = 100 points Bets = 2 points profit on win Bets/Won/Lost = 2/1/1 Current Bank = 99.2 points outstanding bets bet #3 Lay M. O'Niell @ 2.00 (loss = -2pts / win = +2pts)

Re: Lay the crappy New Manager markets Interesting ando...being in Australia I don't know much about the latest news on soccer managers but good luck with this. The only time i've bet on a "next manager" market was back in 2003/04 when I was listening to the radio (Sport 927) here in Melbourne and a bloke called John Chocamoles (Shuckamools? got no idea how to spell it :)) came on and said "I've got the inside word that Paul Sturrock will be the next manager of Southampton. So if the TAB are offering any odds you might want to get on". The TAB obviously didn't have anything on that market, but as soon as I heard this news I got on the net and looked for a market on this - one I found was on Blue Square. So I opened a new account and chucked $50 on Sturrock at the odds of 15.00. A few months later I checked my account and found out he had indeed been appointed. Blue Square offer crap odds so I instantly withdrew the money. :D Since then I still haven't heard John Shockamoles on the radio, or even know who he is. I'd like to thank him for that information if I could get in contact with him. Anyway a bit off track and I probably can't help you guys with anything on this system but felt I had to brag about that considering I know nothing about soccer ;)

Re: Lay the crappy New Manager markets I'm with you on this one ali, layed at 2.14 yesterday. He's down to 1.88 now though:unsure :hope this isn't the job he finally takes. I'd be very suprised, seen as he allegedly turned down both Newcastle & Middlesbrough.