Sporting Odds. Questions Answered.

danno375

I have received the following Email from that nice man at Sporting Odds, Joe Legge. He has been browsing some of the threads and has answered some of the questions that have popped up from time to time. I also think he may have seen some of my rants!!!!!! I have explained that they are a joke and I still would love to get the rake back and the great offers!!!!!!! What he says should explain a few things, and I do think that Jo is a good guy. He has always helped us when we have asked him. Dan, I'm glad we're winning you guys around. Below I've tried to put your mind at rest over a few points which I have seen you raise on the Punters Lounge. 1) Software Crashes - far too frequent for everyone's liking. The Boss upgrade last week has hopefully made the platform much more stable (the immediate problems afterwards we're unfortunate but predictable - unfortunately after major upgrades it takes a couple of days for things to settle down). I'm at the mercy of Boss and out IT team here so I don't like to promise to much but things are getting better...slowly. 2) Poker Response - i'm in Gibraltar for the next two days to meet the Poker Response team. The fact that we have three different teams in three different locations answering queries is not something I am comfortable with. I hope to lay down some guidelines for them which treat problems in a unified manner which doesn't always assume it's the customers fault. 3) Double Registering - motivated in large by our Fraud Team we do spend a lot of time closing down duplicate accounts based on bank details, IP addresses and such like. Our main problem, especially with the Hungarians who are harder to trace, is that while we do get players complaining they invariably don't actually name names. It's not an easy job trying to keep up to date with them so as much help as possible is needed from dissatisfied players. 4) English Only Chat - as above. It's Poker Response who are supposed to monitor this for us and this is something else I will be talking to them about tomorrow. Once again I players don't give us names it makes it harder. 5) Software Auditing - this is not something I have to hand but I have no problems with making the documents public when I find out who holds them. In the end it would be very bad business to have dodgy software and as we make rake no matter who wins it would have no financial benefit to us to fix decks. 6) Overnight Currency Conversion - we change our currency exchange rate at the end of every month to be in line with the Bank of England (this figure is taken to 6 decimal places) - this means that your balance could go up or down. However, in sterling you never actually lose any money to us if it does go down. For example, if you have £100 in your SportingOdds account on the 31st this may equate to $161.40 in the Poker Room. On the 1st once the exchange rate has changed you may now only have $161.28 in the Poker Room but this is still £100 in your account. All sites who bank in Sterling but allow play in USD have to do this as if they fell to far out of kilter with the exchange rates it would lead to problems which would cause many sleepless nights for accountants across the country. Regards, Joe :clap :clap :clap :clap Thanks Joe!!!!! Danno the ranter!

Re: Sporting Odds. Questions Answered. Great stuff Danno and SO! Nice to see a sensible response and to know that improvements are being done as a result of complaints. :clap There's always somthing 'wrong' with every site, or at least people find something to complain about so I would be shocked if SO or any other poker site didn't get them on a regular basis. The difference comes if they actually do something about it or not... in this case it looks like we have a friend in Joe :ok . Keep up the good work Joe... and keep up the e-mails all you players! :cheers

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.