** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Super Sunday

robilaruk

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Super Sunday

Well done fellas :clap:clap:clap Good Luck for next week Jeffster.:hope
Out 371st of 817 runners today... Had only 1 hand to speak of, AK offsuit, which I won with, and I found it bloody frustrating to see people call with the likes of 92off, 83suited, etc, and win pots... Definitely beginning to see what others have said - Super Sunday is a total crap shoot, and you may as well bet big or go all in in the very early stages, and hope to get paid off, if not, join another game or do something else, as its a waste of time to try to play proper, decent poker in SS, unless you are lucky enough to get to the final stages....

Definitely beginning to see what others have said - Super Sunday is a total crap shoot' date=' and you may as well bet big or go all in in the very early stages, and hope to get paid off, [/quote'] I disagree ........ the majority of players in it are muppets of the highest order - if you join them, you have a 10 in 500 odd chance of qualifying...... However if you are patient and you play against them hard and aggressive when you have AA, KK, QQ, even AK, JJ, TT, AQ - then they give you action............and once you have the chips, you can choose when to get involved and when not to ......... you stand a FAR FAR better chance........ Against muppets, play when the odds are in your favour - yes they may outdraw you - but you have a far better chance than taking a 50/50

However if you are patient and you play against them hard and aggressive when you have AA, KK, QQ, even AK, JJ, TT, AQ - then they give you action............and once you have the chips, you can choose when to get involved and when not to ......... you stand a FAR FAR better chance........
beginning to think that this should be renamed the Great Hungarian All-In... having spent a while being patient and watching others pushing all-in with the likes of 32o and winning, I was finally dealt TT. Getting short stacked in terms of blinds I went all-in... only to find myself up against AA! :wall Needless to say American Airlines held up... :loon However, I went in 300 something place and that was after about 45 minutes play. Considering how many started it shows how quickly the field reduces.

Re: Super Sunday quote=GotaFancy?]I disagree ........ the majority of players in it are muppets of the highest order - if you join them, you have a 10 in 500 odd chance of qualifying...... However if you are patient and you play against them hard and aggressive when you have AA, KK, QQ, even AK, JJ, TT, AQ - then they give you action............and once you have the chips, you can choose when to get involved and when not to ......... you stand a FAR FAR better chance........ Against muppets, play when the odds are in your favour - yes they may outdraw you - but you have a far better chance than taking a 50/50 Definitely Muppets, GaF, but muppets who seem to win.... OK, trade secret coming up ;), certainly in the early stages of a tourney, I will only generally only play pocket pairs from 77 to AA, plus AK, AQ, and sometimes AJ if its suited...If I get these, I do go hard and fast, but certainly today, apart from AK, I had nothing, and just got blinded out at the 150 / 300 stage, with only 275 chips left in the BB, thats why, certainly in Super Sunday, I think its worth going big or all in with a face card paired with a rag early a couple of times, hope to get paid off, and build a stack from there, and then tighten up later on, rather than waste time trying to be patient...I could be wrong, but Super Sunday is the most frustrating tourney I play in mate... Having said that, I may feel differently tomorrow, as I know my "poker head" has gone missing in action this week, I got made redundant on Friday, and havent played at all well all this week. I pulled out of the Bristol & South West poker group "Nations Cup" tourney yesterday, and "my" team won it, so that was one correct decision I made :clap Incidentally, young Dan Carter, who is featured in the latest edition of the WPT Magazine (Antonious Cover) was on "my" team...The guys even kindly offered me a cut of their winnings, bless 'em, but I declined, as I would have felt a fraud, taking the money without contributing to their success...