** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Books?

Pobby

Re: Books? I need a little help here at amazon.co.uk Harrington on Hold 'em: Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments: Strategic Play ~ Dan Harrington, Bill Robertie -- (Paperback - December 31, 2004) Our Price: £14.32 Used & New from £9.96 2. Harrington on Hold 'em: Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments: The Endgame ~ Dan Harrington, Bill Robertie -- (Paperback - June 2005) I've found this 2 harrington there. Maybe the 1st one i should order. But what is Paperback? And what is this--> Our Price: £14.32 Used & New from £9.96

Re: Books? Hi Giz, The first book is about basic strategy and the second is more about how to play the later stages of a tournament. So really a 2-part set I think, but you can order one at a time and each makes sense on its own. However if you have to pay for postage on top of the cost quoted it might be worth getting both together. Usually you get free post once your order is more than a certain value - so check this out before you decide. The different prices are like different shops. Our price is Amazon shop, but the other prices may be from different shops but still come via Amazon. I think my book came from an US shop as it was cheaper, but it's still like dealing with Amazon. Some of the prices may not be for new books, but might be used, but in good condition. It will tell you if so. Paper back means it is a soft cover not a hard (board) cover. Usually cheaper, but what you would normally get. You will need to register your details with Amazon before you can place an order but then you should be able to order anything - not just books! Hope this helps. :hope

Re: Books?

wow, thanks for your kindness :) I'm taking the poker business from this summer seriously. so it will be maximum 30Ł if i order the 2 books 2gether? And is there a live support or something to this amazon site?
I don't think theres any live support, but thr email people are helpful and friendly and helpful - quick too normally

Re: Books? By the way, if you don't mind waiting, it's often cheaper to order books from the USA (use the amazon.com site instead of the amazon.co.uk site). Even with the higher shipping costs it can work out cheaper. One thing to be careful of is tax on imported books. There is no tax on books in the UK, but it might be different in Hungary.

Re: Books?

I was wondering whether it would be worth me just spending £2 and getting the ebbok versions of Harrington on Holdem and Super System2' date=' or is it worth stumping up for the actual hard copy?[/quote'] For me, the hard copy has one BIG advantage. It's easier to read in the bath.