** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Promising Apprentice

Re: Promising Apprentice

Thanks for your input bowles10 and spot on with your comments and i don't think some people relise the time it takes when giving in depth stats. :clap :clap % MAN
no problem %man, i like to follow the stats & this lad is worth it. Will follow his progress until he loses his claim. Might be worth seeing what price he is for champion apprentice? i'll take a look.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Promising Apprentice bowles10 same hear but did do the 9/2 shot the ones tomorrow look interesting but who knows,like you said it was in the twenties since is last win but i think he's had 2x25/1 and 1x20/1 winners in the last 4 weeks which aint bad going.I'm not sure but i think they were all in handicaps but on past form the 20/1 shot today should not have had a chance,but thats racing for you. THE % MAN

Re: Promising Apprentice &man, i am going with One more round for a place today, only 2 places paid, but i think this could be doyles best chance. when the lad has been on horses over 20/1 this is what has happened since Feb 1st 1st 20/1 @ wolves 10th 50/1 @ ling 9th 66/1 @ wolves 4th 80/1 @ wolves 4th 33/1 @ ling 2nd 20/1 @ wolves 3rd 33/1 @ ling 6th 33/1 @ wolves 2nd 33/1 @ Ling 1st 25/1 @ Ling notice no rides at Southwell at all (at this price range). I am sure you can see that from 10 rides, you would be +35.00 to a £1 stakeon the wins & a fair profit on EW's also. I intend to go further back in case there is some more evidence of this.

Re: Promising Apprentice

&man, i am going with One more round for a place today, only 2 places paid, but i think this could be doyles best chance. when the lad has been on horses over 20/1 this is what has happened since Feb 1st 1st 20/1 @ wolves 10th 50/1 @ ling 9th 66/1 @ wolves 4th 80/1 @ wolves 4th 33/1 @ ling 2nd 20/1 @ wolves 3rd 33/1 @ ling 6th 33/1 @ wolves 2nd 33/1 @ Ling 1st 25/1 @ Ling notice no rides at Southwell at all (at this price range). I am sure you can see that from 10 rides, you would be +35.00 to a £1 stakeon the wins & a fair profit on EW's also. I intend to go further back in case there is some more evidence of this.[/quote) Thanks bowles10 for your input and i know for sure he had a 25/1 shot in the last 2 weeks of Jan and like you i find he does much better on the fibre tracks and also my thread about finding the spot also picks is three mounts today.Many thanks again but the idea in the first place was to pick is outsides and more so at Lingfield & Wolves FROM YOUR FINDINGS, but will still put all his rides.As you say a nice little profit on is outsiders since Feb 1st 2006 at those 2 course and may it continue in the future.

Re: Promising Apprentice managed to get it back a bit further: when the lad has been on horses over 20/1 this is what has happened since Jan 20th 1st 20/1 @ wolves 10th 50/1 @ ling 9th 66/1 @ wolves 4th 80/1 @ wolves 4th 33/1 @ ling 2nd 20/1 @ wolves 3rd 33/1 @ ling 6th 33/1 @ wolves 2nd 33/1 @ Ling 1st 25/1 @ Ling 7th 20/1 @ Wolves 9th 33/1 @ Ling 8th 20/1 @ Wolves 7th 40/1 @ Wolves 1st 25/1 @ LIng notice no rides at Southwell at all (at this price range). 3 winners (2 @ 25's & 1 @ 20's) I will post the qualifiers based on the criteria of 20/1 + (based on early morning price) at either Wolves or Lingfield. There are also stats to show that he has never won over 5 or 6f either. :eek

Re: Promising Apprentice AS WE ALL KNOW HE HAD ANOTHER WINNER TODAY AT 6/1 AND 2 NOWHERE. ALL THOUGH THIS WAS ONLY AN OBSERVATION BY ME IN THE 1ST PLACE AND DOES SEEM TO BE DOING RATHER WELL. I think we should all take our hats off to bowles10 for all the stats he as provided to improve my original idea and may some good price winners or placed horses keep on coming. THE % MAN

Re: Promising Apprentice After looking at bowles10 findings thought i better have a look at the stats myself taking a few of his on board. These stats are from the 1stJan. ONLY WOLVES AND LINGFIELD NOT 5 AND 6 FURLONGS. ANY SP NOT JUST OUTSIDERS. If these stats were followed these are the results if bet to win or ew. 56 BETS 12 WON 1pt WIN +59pts 56 BETS 24 PLACED(includes winners) 1pt EW +80pts Like bowles10 said, at Southwell does no good at all, but the results are very good and excellent if backed EW. Lets hope he continues in the same way. I will still put up all his mounts and after looking at bowles10 and my stats will leave it up to you if you wish to back them. THE % MAN