** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

1% 'Steady Drip'

Hodgey

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip'

Ive worked it out now thanks mate' date=' good luck with this.[/quote'] Nice one. Good luck with yours too mate. :ok OK, onto tonight's selection. :drums Bet 15: Lay Luton v Reading 3-0 Odds of 95 (1.01064) Stake of £23.50 to win 25p! :hope :loon

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry mate i still dont get it please help! I can get to the bit where you put in backers stake of 0.01 but what do i put in backers odds, if i put 95 it doesnt seem to work.
Try following these instructions kindly provided by tony.
Let's say you want to lay the 3-0 in Lazio-Milan :tongue2 at smaller odds. 1. you go to the match Lazio-Milan 2. you go to 'correct score' 3. so you want to lay 3-0 at 90 4. you lay 3-0 at, let's say, 10 - stake 4 These odds will not be matched of course, but your lay is recorded as unmatched. 5. then you go to "My bets" on top right page 6. there you change your stake to 4.01 7. now you have 2 bets - one of 4 and one of 0.01 8. you cancel the one at 4 9. you change the odds and stake of the 0.01 to whatever you want ... 10. Ready is Kees
Bet 15 was a quick winner after Reading scored in the 1st minute. :D :nana So bank now a whopping £24.26! :lol Was out all day yesterday so couldn't get on Liv v Man Utd 3-3. :( Nevermind, there's plenty of games today. Trying to get matched on the Ajax match but no luck so far.... :sad

DP it should be around 1% since thats the idea behind the system. As an estimate you could assume £20 per bet for 16 bets (£320). Return is £4.49 so 449/320 = 1.5% But should be lower then that since bets have been > £20.
Spot on mate. :clap
What's the yield at the moment ?
It's actually 1.30% :ok Some people would kill for a system with that yield! :lol Although, as you say, it's either all or bankrupt! :rollin No bets tonight - back again tomorrow. :loon

Before the inevitable single loser comes of course.
Grrrrr! :@ :spank ;) Just for you DP: Summary Bets Placed 16 Units Staked 344.90 Units Returned 349.39 Profit 4.49 Yield 1.30% Strike Rate 100.00% Average Odds 1.01 Average Stake 21.56 Bank 24.49

:lol Go on, prove me wrong :ok Hope you do :hope
It's not about the money anymore, it's more than that! :moon :lol OK, onto tonight's selection. :drums Bet 17: Lay Benfica v Liverpool 3-0 Odds of 85 (1.01190) Stake of £24.36 to win 29p! :hope :loon

It's not about the money anymore, it's more than that! :moon :lol
:lol Ok... Don Quichote You do realise you can't ever win... If at some point you decide to call it a day and cash in i'll just say.....CHICKEN And if before that you encounter the inevitable losing bet, i'll just say... I TOLD YOU SO Hmmm this is fun after all :D Unless..... You set a target at which point you say you'll cash out. Reach the target before the losing bet hits and you come out a winner.

:lol Ok... Don Quichote You do realise you can't ever win... If at some point you decide to call it a day and cash in i'll just say.....CHICKEN And if before that you encounter the inevitable losing bet, i'll just say... I TOLD YOU SO Hmmm this is fun after all :D Unless..... You set a target at which point you say you'll cash out. Reach the target before the losing bet hits and you come out a winner.
I think the idea is to go on for 1 year. Then cash out.

I think the idea is to go on for 1 year. Then cash out.
Correct.
I have set a target - 365 days/bets for £755 end bank. :tongue2 Someone mentioned earlier about splitting the bank when, or if (there's that big if again! :lol ), it got to say £100. To which I said I wasn't looking that far ahead. The trouble is because of the nature of the 'system' (I use that word very loosely :lol ), that of the total target £755 end bank, the first 265 days only generates £279 whilst the final 100 days generates the remaining £474. And so just to get to £100 would take 162 bets (or 5 months). If I managed to get 5 months without a loser I will re-evaluate it then. So until then, we shall say you can say "I told you so" when if I lose, to which I will just say :moon - it's been fun! :lol

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip' Hodgey just to let you know, I'm gonna throw £20 down the toilet on this and see if I can get to the end too. Not gonna post all the selections as don't want to hijack your thread, but will update intermittantly with my progress. I'm on Real v Arsenal 3-2 tonight for bet 1. Looking good at half time :) (Does that count as after eventing??? :) :spank)

Hodgey just to let you know, I'm gonna throw £20 down the toilet on this and see if I can get to the end too. Not gonna post all the selections as don't want to hijack your thread, but will update intermittantly with my progress. I'm on Real v Arsenal 3-2 tonight for bet 1. Looking good at half time :) (Does that count as after eventing??? :) :spank)
Good luck McGin. :ok First one's a winner. :nana I don't mind if you want to post your picks in here too, or just keep us updated of your progress. :) Just remember though, in the words of Doubterpunter (:rollin @ frisky) on the 2nd Feb 2006:
If you want a serious reply then i'd say this is a complete waste of time
Love that vote of confidence! :lol
Hodgey, Only just found this thread now and Ive been wetting myself laughing at you and DoubterPunter :lol:lol Very best of luck with it :ok:ok:ok
Cheers mate. Still :rollin @ "Doubterpunter"! :lol So then back to the results (this is a results business! ;) ) Bet 17 another winner! :nana I'm now 4.6% of the way there! :tongue2 And the Bank is now a whopping £24.77! :lol Back later with tonights offering...

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip' Hi Hodgey, excellent thread :clap and great fun :hope with bet 18 but I don't think you'll need it. It was little old me who suggested splitting the pot at £100 - One of the reasons for suggesting this is because how much can you actually lay at what are unlikely results ? - laying £700 at the end of the year on one event could prove difficult.

Hi Hodgey, excellent thread :clap and great fun :hope with bet 18 but I don't think you'll need it. It was little old me who suggested splitting the pot at £100 - One of the reasons for suggesting this is because how much can you actually lay at what are unlikely results ? - laying £700 at the end of the year on one event could prove difficult.
Glad you're liking it Kanga. :ok Laying £700 at odds of 100 wouldn't be that difficult to get matched because it only takes someone wanting to back their 100-1 shot with £7. There's usually plenty on betfair (probably from the bots). However, if I got to the stage of betting £700 (Bet 358!) I would probably stop, even if it meant Doubterpunter calling me chicken! :moon :lol Bet 18 - Goooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll after 8 mins gives us another winner!:nana The bank has SMASHED through the £25 barrier and is now a whopping £25.10! :lol

Now there is something you can put all your money on' date=' no doubt about that ;)[/quote'] :lol Nice one. OK, onto tonight's selection. :drums Bet 19: Lay Marseille v Bolton 0-3 Odds of 85 (1.01190) Stake of £24.36 to win 29p! :hope :loon

Re: 1% 'Steady Drip' Hi hodgy, lovin this thread and have started using your system (lots of fun) just wondered why you only went for the 1 game today as with the staggered times of ko's in the UEFA cup you might have had 3 bets, are you strictly following 1 bet per day or did you think there was no value in these matches. Also if doubter punter is so sure your gonna lose why doesnt he back the opposite of your lays, this way we will see who the chicken is and there will only be one winner come the 365 bets!!!! Keep up the good work.

Hi hodgy, lovin this thread and have started using your system (lots of fun) just wondered why you only went for the 1 game today as with the staggered times of ko's in the UEFA cup you might have had 3 bets, are you strictly following 1 bet per day or did you think there was no value in these matches. Also if doubter punter is so sure your gonna lose why doesnt he back the opposite of your lays, this way we will see who the chicken is and there will only be one winner come the 365 bets!!!! Keep up the good work.
Glad you're enjoying it mate, and having fun too. :ok Don't forget though, it's complete waste of time! ;) :lol I did look at some of the other games, but some just looked too dodgy to call and some teams I don't know enough about. Because although this thread has been a laugh and will hopefully continue to be so, I would like to keep it going (especially now DP has given me so much stick! :spank ) and I would love it (to be read in a Keegan Styleeee! :lol )to succeed! Therefore I do put some thought into the selections and don't just pick any game. Patience is the key here I feel. I've seen too many threads like this whereby the posters get bored with the tiny returns and would then (in this example) start laying 10/1 shots as opposed to 100/1 shots to try to boost the bank quicker. Anyway, at the risk of this post getting far too sensible :zzz , onto your last sentence -
Also if doubter punter is so sure your gonna lose why doesnt he back the opposite of your lays, this way we will see who the chicken is
Bloody good point that! :clap So then Mister Doubterpunter, if you're so sure I'm doomed to failure why don't you back all my lays??? :loon Or are you chicken.......?! :moon