Sporting Odds Say "No" To Cheating Thread!

Valiant23

This is a list of all poker players who wish to register their displeasure at Sporting odds inaction over cheating at tables.

Hi, My username is Valiant23pl and my table name is Higgs23pl. As I explained in our conversation this evening I witnessed something which has finally made me consider whether I want Sporting odds to have my business anymore, and that was (I presume) 1 person blatantly registering 5 accounts for the Safety Net (20-01-06). See picture below; http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8190/multiaccounts5cy.jpg This issue is not uncommon, although this is perhaps the most blatant attempt at multi-regging. There is a disproportionate amount of players from Hungary who play on Sporting odds, in particular Budapest, Debrescen and Szeckszard. There is an associated issue to this one, and that is collusion and talking at the table in a language other than English. Non English Chat I was reassured by Jim Folliard that if we reported it to sporting odds the matter would be investigated. I then spent every night for a long while reporting players for talking in a foreign language, as did other members of the forum PuntersLounge.com. We saw very little in the way of action from sporting odds, and in the face of this I decided you didn't care that this was happening, or that you didn't believe us, so I decided to stop this time consuming practice. Collusion/Chip Dumping One way of dealing with the foreign language issue would be to turn the chat off, however that would mean missing chip-dumping and collusion. Despite knowing only a small amount of French, German and Polish since playing at Sporting odds I have also learned some Hungarian phrases, and though I won't embarrass myself by trying to type them here, I have seen many instances of cheating. These include;
  1. Two Hungarians Heads Up for a pot, and one player has told the other fold and say what there hand is. The 2nd player has folded and the 1st one shows.
  2. 2 Hungarians playing against 1 non Hungarian on a final table, and they were telling each other in Hungarian what they had.
  3. A Hungarian with a large stack make a 4xBB raise(of 6000 chips), and another go all in for approx 6357. The initial raiser then folds.
  4. Hungarian players bullying non Hungarians out of a pot, and then it gets checked down to the river.

At one point during the last 5 months our forum got so angry that we all complained, and for 1 or 2 nights after we had an appearance from 'Sporting odds Poker Boss'. Since then - nothing. My personal opinion is that he has been kidnapped by an alien spaceship captained by Elvis, although others believe that Sporting odds were just paying lip service to our complaints. Boss Media I am well aware that any complaints are passed to your poker response team. I also believe that at some point these investigations are carried out by Boss Media. The attitude of whichever of the 2 bodies is directly responsible for monitoring your poker site quite frankly is diabolical. I took it upon myself on when No2 happened to contact live support, in the vain hope that they would actually investigate whilst it was happening, to be told as I was not playing but only observing I was not allowed to make a complaint!!! The reputation of sporting odds poker at our forum is as low as it can possibly get. The only thing that could possibly help your cause would be a pro-active approach to all aspects of the complaints raised here. Quite frankly if your live 'support' is operated by BM then I would consider having your site monitored by Sporting odds employees, as they may have more of an interest in your business, as opposed to BM who have interests in many. As I have already mentioned I am a member of PuntersLounge.com. Sporting odds poker is a popular site, and could easily be the most popular if you can rectify the Hungarian problem. You have said that you have the option to ban all users from a particular nation. Whilst some people will be unfairly excluded, I feel that it may be necessary to rescue the integrity of your poker site. We have got to this point before, and sporting odds have let their true customers down. This time we are seriously considering a boycott. In fact many already have, and only play the freerolls and Dollar Up. Hopefully our member who is a journalist for Poker Player Magazine will find this thread interesting. As I consider this to be an important issue for the forum, I have asked for their support.

If you have nothing to add, please type, "I agree with the e-mail" and include your sporting odds table nickname, if there are relevant points (ie non bad beat) you wish to raise please include them in your post. ============================================================ I agree (obviously) Table nickname:Higgs23pl

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.