** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Advice Needed Please

robilaruk

Hi All Does anyone play in the $5k guareented on sporting odds/virgin/etc (8pm start GMT) - the $30 buy in? I have a reasonable bankroll and would welcome some feedback on the game/my bankroll requirements etc - here on this thread or by PM if you prefer (not that I have ever used PM - is it easy?) alternatively by email if that is best? Thanks all Damo :cheers

Re: Advice Needed Please it is a freat payout if you make the final table but blinds go up quickly the main problem is that as with the whole os sporting odds, there are tonnes of people speaking a variety of languages and you have no idea if they are talking about the cards they have etc.......also....it is numptyville...people will call and raise with anything....and sporting odds always gives them miracle cards....my advice....... play very very tight.

Re: Advice Needed Please I play this one most nights, but missed it tonight to play the raked hands freeroll. It's a pretty loose game so definite value, more suckouts obviously but that's a good thing overall. Adding Virgin to the network definitely reduced the amount of dead money though. It reliably gets about 7k in the fund now and a higher percentage of solid players. Danno is right that the blind structure is a bit shallow, which is my only gripe. Heard boss media are gonna start offering some deep stack tourneys, very excited about that!

Re: Advice Needed Please thanks Danno - need to have a serious think about this Damo

it is a freat payout if you make the final table but blinds go up quickly the main problem is that as with the whole os sporting odds, there are tonnes of people speaking a variety of languages and you have no idea if they are talking about the cards they have etc.......also....it is numptyville...people will call and raise with anything....and sporting odds always gives them miracle cards....my advice....... play very very tight.

Re: Advice Needed Please cheers Guess - I have had various emails with sporting re the blind structure/stack etc (after Tikays event) and said how much better is was with a decent stack and decent blind structure - I got a 'we are looking at our game structure" reply - so who knows?? I thnik it is about time I stepped up from the grind of 5/10 STT - my bankroll is climbing slowly and I need a break might try it tomorrow Cheers for the advice Damo :cheers

I play this one most nights' date=' but missed it tonight to play the raked hands freeroll. It's a pretty loose game so definite value, more suckouts obviously but that's a good thing overall. Adding Virgin to the network definitely reduced the amount of dead money though. It reliably gets about 7k in the fund now and a higher percentage of solid players. Danno is right that the blind structure is a bit shallow, which is my only gripe. Heard boss media are gonna start offering some deep stack tourneys, very excited about that![/quote']

Re: Advice Needed Please I do think that playing at a higher financial level than normal occasionally does sharpen the mind. I've only payed more than a couple of quid for a tourney once or twice, and been pretty happy with how I played. I think asking for advice before going for it is a really good idea, as is targetting a tourney on a site you're comfortable with.:ok

Re: Advice Needed Please thanks for your support its nice here :D (unlike other forums) ta Damo :cheers

I do think that playing at a higher financial level than normal occasionally does sharpen the mind. I've only payed more than a couple of quid for a tourney once or twice, and been pretty happy with how I played. I think asking for advice before going for it is a really good idea, as is targetting a tourney on a site you're comfortable with.:ok