** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Profitable Lay System +228 points profit

DC

Re: Profitable Lay System Sep 24th Ascot 3.15 Counsel's Opinion / Resonate Muss 2.55 Apache Point / Sawwaah / Ballyhurry 4.35 Nakwa 5.40 Seven No Trumps / Hout Bay Hunt 4.50 Derreen Boy Need a good result in the 2.55, got the top 3 in the betting!! :unsure

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Profitable Lay System I'll update yesterday's results tonight :) Sep 25th Hamilton 2.40 Bahamian Pirate 3.10 Scotty's Future 4.10 Kylkenny / Donna's Double Bath 2.50 Our Monogram 5.20 Full Spate Brighton 3.30 Flint River (watch for non-runners, currently 8 runners)

Re: Profitable Lay System Sep 24th results Ascot 3.15 Counsel's Opinion NO LAY/ Resonate NO LAY Muss 2.55 Apache Point unp 11-2 / Sawwaah unp 9-1 / Ballyhurry unp 7-2f :lol MEETING ABANDONED. Sep 25th Hamilton 2.40 Bahamian Pirate unp 12-1 3.10 Scotty's Future NO LAY 4.10 Kylkenny unp 7-2f :lol / Donna's Double unp 10-1 Bath 2.50 Our Monogram unp 8-1 5.20 Full Spate NO LAY Brighton 3.30 Flint River 3rd 15-2 8 / 8 +7.6 Total +228.31pts Sept +28.10 (82/87)

Re: Profitable Lay System good evening everyone i only joined the forum today , my first post first thing i found out was that the place lays had stopped were they any good anyway ? i was then going to ask what is doing well profitably then i saw these only really saw the last page , but looks ok will read through rest of though danny my good sir are there any hard rules to follow after you post up the selections ?

Re: Profitable Lay System I think Page 22, post #430 is the most up to date, but i'll let Danny confirm that. Not going to trawl through it all again :lol Short answer is yes though - odds must below a certain level (but if you're like me betting under 10 is still shown to be profitable) And i believe number of runners is a factor.

Re: Profitable Lay System

Hi future. Laying horses with fewer runners is more risky. I find 8 or more to be a successful amount. Laying horses at bigger odds is more risky. 14-1 (20.00 on Betfair) is the most I'll go. You can still do well at lower odds 10-1 (12.00 on Betfair). It's your choice whether to lay fixed liabilty or fixed profit. Good luck if you decide to follow, remember patience is the key. Danny

Re: Profitable Lay System ok i've read through all the pages thanks for everybody's input i've decided to have a go and start off like this 1 . fixed liability ( 5% of bank ) 2 . maximum price on betfair 11.0 3 . start bank £ 400.00 4 . minimum number of runners 8 5 . aim to make 1.50 % profit on day and then stop 6 . if profit made for day recalculate liability for next day 7 . if losses occur before making 1.50 % carry on to try and get up to 1.50 % 8 . if a losing day rachet liability

Re: Profitable Lay System future: it's great to see that you take an interest in reading the whole thread and drawing your own conclusions. Just one thought, if the system is profitable, why stop at 2%? I wouldn't advise you to lay at 10% liability per selection, that can hurt a lot on a bad day, and they happen, and even worse on a long losing run... I studied and compared fixed profit vs fixed liability, and if you dig through the archives of the forum you'll find some great posts about this, I ran simulations of 10000 random bets on excel at different Strike rates and yields, and fixed profit was always more stable, less peaks in profits and losses, so better for long term investment, I think. But this is just my idea, I think most people following this thread follow fixed liability, I did it for a while, but now use fixed profit, although at smaller stakes... Welcome and good luck with your bets!

Re: Profitable Lay System thanks for all that pin... i have edited the liability and bank i now stop at a % increase because i am happy this way , and have found you can get too greedy and lose all you have won later on in the day i will follow fixed liability on these finally this is the start for me so let's just see how it goes to start off with are there going to be any bets today i wonder ?

Re: Profitable Lay System reading through all the pages the other day i noticed that there were a lot of times when there were no selections posted i see this as a major stumbling block for instance it will not give the full and true picture also you could miss good days and then come into a bad one because of all this i might not start it at all shame because it looks good but need to do it every day

Re: Profitable Lay System Hi Future - Welcome to TPL. I'm not so sure on your reasoning here - Danny has a method that works, if the method doesn't highlight any selections for the day then so be it - it's certainly better than him "reaching" to fill the need lay every day. For example heavy ground upsets form dramatically so many methods stop at this point - the worst things you can do with a proven method is to chase a loss or push the profits - slow & steady wins :ok

Re: Profitable Lay System I'm sorry guys, things have been hectic lately. Needless to say there have been no posts in here. Time and finances are dictating as usual and I'm afraid to say I cannot continue to post here at the moment with my current situation. I'm sorry to all the eager followers but the pressures of posting the selections daily are taking their toll. I hope to return soon but I cannot promise when. Thanks for all your support. Danny

Re: Profitable Lay System Hi Danny, I think its all too easy for people to forget that the guys and girls who post their selections in forums have other things going on in their life too, and aren't providing an unpaid public service! Thanks for all your hard work Danny. Hope things get less hectic for you soon. :cheers Jimbo

• 2 months later...

Re: Profitable Lay System Followers of this system may be interested to know I've started a new thread over in At The Races, since I've had a bit more time on my hands recently and no money to spend!! The rules have tightened a bit and the minimum lay is now 10-1. There may be less qualifiers but I'm confident it can do just as well even thought I'm paper trialling for the time being.