** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BIG NEWS - Adrian Massey

Just C+P'd this from his site. Starting on 10th May 2004, there will only be ratings for 1 or 2 meetings per day on this site. The meetings covered will include all of the major meetings at the major courses (Ascot, Epsom, Goodwood, York etc). The ratings for the other meetings will only be available to people in the following categories : People who know me personally People who sponsored me in the London Marathon If you fall into either of these categories and have not already been issued with a username/password, send an email to me using the address below. You will need to identify yourself (first name + last name) and I will sort things out for you. Other parts of the site (forum, favourites stats etc) will continue to be accessible to everyone. Damn shame I say but it's good enough the guy doesnt charge anyway. Many people with his reputation would.

Guest ValueBet

Can't understand it I simply can't understand the logic. He didn't say earlier that sponsoring the marathon would entitle you to access the site. What about others that sponsored someone else - just as worthy, but locked out! Also, if you belatedly sponsor him you can access a bit more but not everything that early sponsors can. This seems a strange mix. Some people may want the data and be willing to pay a subscription, but that's not an option. Adrian, if you read this, why discriminate between your friends and personal sponsors on the one hand and ohers who you may not know personally and may well have sponsored other runners in the marathon? VB

Re: Can't understand it I think Adrian wanted to limit the access to friends only. But since that would be a bit unfair to those who sponsored him he has included them. Then again, i'm only guessing here. If i understand well then Adrian started the site out of an interest in statistics and applied that to the field of horse racing. The site is his to do with as he sees fit. He does not owe anyone any explanation. He is free to provide access or not as he sees fit. And as i understand it, he has never had a commercial goal in mind and so far has provided the info for the benefit of all. Why is he stopping, or limiting, i don't know, i'm sure he has his reasons. For myself , I love the site, a rare, refreshing place on the net. Quite a contrast to some of the "sharks" out there, selling promises but delivering little or nothing. So give the man a break. His site is still a great source of well researched information on horse racing appreciated by many.