** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 The 2pm slot awkward for me too. Can sometimes play a whole game, like today, other times I have to dip in and out (which could lead to me not responding to chat, like I think I may have done with you Hen yesterday, so apologies to all now if that happens). Briefly talking about the 2pm game today - had lots of sitouts so built a good stack of blinds, lost a lot with AQ beaten by AJ, fought my way back and made the final table for the first time on Maxim. There sits ClydeFrog (Sharpe) who insists on beating my AA all-in post-flop (8,9,10) with his KK (K on turn) :wall I have scored points in 4 out of 6 so far, but (assuming scoring same as Sun) total only 8 points so I am behind anyone who has finished at least 3rd in all the heats so far ! Gonna be a long winter :eyes

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I'm truly sorry Runadrum:$ .I had put you on an open ended straight draw so thought to pressure.:$ Well finally finished 3rd from a monumental 3 way battle.Went all in after the flop against the chip leader the board gave 6 8 9 I had J9 he had 89 no help from the rest so fair do's. Not to bad Yesterday won it at 2pm came 5th in the 8pm and 3rd in todays:nana .But Repoman has at least 2 1st and a few final tables. Cant wait to see a leaderboard to see how much work i have to put into this.:)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

With regard to the Maxim leader board' date=' it is being finalised now and will be up by the weekend on the website. Sorry for the delay.[/quote'] Chased this up with Maxim again - this was their reply.... Not holding my breath!!! To be honest I haven't been doing very well in it, so am not too disappointed not to see it!!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Well I don't understand what he was thinking, but I've doubled up - now on 4360. I had AQo and limped in - flop came AAJ. I bet 50% of pot, 1 caller. Turn is an x. I bet small he raises small. I put him on an A for sure, but reckon my kicker is good. So I reraise 1.5 x the pot (expecting him to stick with his A) - he does - next card is nothing again - I go all in - he calls all in. He shows 2h and 3h - no hearts on the board and no straight possibility - there were actually NO hands he could beat.....WTF?

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Made the final table and don't think overall I played as well as last week's final - but happy to have shown myself I can get close. :) Mostly played solid although lost a couple of attempted blind steals when down to the last 20 or so, undoing the good work of pockets Aces just before, and probably missed a couple of opportunities to take blinds late on. On one of GaF's betfair freeroll hand analysis threads I confess that I will play K suited. About the only time I didn't tonight I held K3h and the flop was all hearts, A high. That hand was won by 2 pair and I'd have knocked two out including Repoman - who I find it hard to play against. In fact I'm thinking about not commenting on any more of those threads 'cos I found myself remembering what I've said and thinking well I have to now play the hand in front of me that way - 'cos I can't prove myself a liar can I ? ! :rollin Tipper, Mr V, Brael, and anyone else I've missed - thanks for the support and sorry I didn't give you much to get excited about. :ok Phil - well played and apologies for not saying hello at that earlier table (don't know where my head was - think I had sat out of the Dollar Up by then). :ok Roll on Boxing Day - if we can get into it you have to think it will be the final with the most sit-outs. :hope