** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

"In Play" - Over 2.5 goals in 80 mins Strategy

mmmm, how on earth did I get in here ? :tongue2 OK then, I`ve used this strategy with a fair degree of success just lately so I thought I`d give it a run out in public to make things a little more interesting. :unsure Hopefully I`ve not given it the kiss of death. Basically I`m willing to wait 10 minutes before I place my bet on Over 2.5 goals on an "in play" Betfair market. The selections will be my choice and are not part of any system. From what I`ve seen it`s not unusual for odds to go up by as much as 20% by the time 10 minutes is on the clock. So if you`re prepared to hold fire during the so called "settling down" period of a match, there could be extra rewards for showing a bit of patience. Should there happen to be a goal in the first 10 minutes - no bet. Obviously, a disadvantage of this strategy is that you have to be there at the time to strike the bet, or get somebody else to do it for you. I`ll try to give as much notification as I can as to the match I`ll be betting on and there will be an update at around the 10 minute mark with the odds i`ve got if there`s a bet. I`ll start with a 100pts Bank and will be placing level stakes of 5 points. I`ll also be running a seperate mythical bank with the details of if I were to have placed the bet at pre kick off odds, purely in the interests of comparison. I may eventually find in time that waiting 10 minutes is a pointless excercise, if my thread hasn`t already died a death of course. OK then, Bet 1 is tonight. Crystal Palace v Liverpool - Over 2.5 goals update to follow..................:hope

Re: "In Play" - Over 2.5 goals in 80 mins Strategy Thumbs up Andy, any system that involves live TV games is ok by me :ok Just out of interest do you plan to lay off stake if the price comes in after a goal? Danny

Re: "In Play" - Over 2.5 goals in 80 mins Strategy 2-0 :tongue2 Danny, I love the over 2.5 bets and I do often lay off after a goal, but for the purpose of this strategy/system, I`ll be letting the bet run it`s course without laying off. Hope you closed that spreadbet spreadman ;)

Re: "In Play" - Over 2.5 goals in 80 mins Strategy Bet 2 Barcelona v Malaga (ko 7.30 pm) Stingy odds of 1.72 at the mo, but the game has goals written all over it imho. 10 minutes of goalless play and hopefully the odds will be a little more appealing :hope update to follow...........

Re: "In Play" - Over 2.5 goals in 80 mins Strategy Barca 2 Malaga 0 2 goals in the last 10 minutes, as well as a multitude of chances throughout the match :wall incredibly frustrating match to watch that was. I`m off to update the record. onwards and upwards :ok

Re: "In Play" - Over 2.5 goals in 80 mins Strategy Unlucky there Andy. A final score of 9-0 wouldn't have flattered Barca at all. Interesting thread/theory. As you're sample size is gonna be pretty small maybe if anyone else is around for any other live games they could post up the odds for Over 2.5 at KO and 10 mins into the match? I don't mean for you to include them in your summary but it would give us more of an idea of odds movements.

Re: "In Play" - Over 2.5 goals in 80 mins Strategy From the first two you've done Andy the difference in probabilities has been less than 3%. That's not very encouraging. As Hodgey says it will be worth trying to get data from all live games. I think the most important thing will be picking the right matches/prices be that pre match or 10 minutes in.

Re: "In Play" - Over 2.5 goals in 80 mins Strategy Andy, if it's any use to you, I have data from all live Sky televised English leagues matches so far, this season, and from November of last year. Just let me know the stats. or what you are after, and I'll try to help. I've got total goals, shirts, times of goals, etc., most of the stuff you'll probably need for your 80 mins. strategy....if I haven't, I might know where to find it. :ok GL, tonight....like Mr. I, a low score match would also suit my Double Sell System...:unsure